The Official Oakland Raiders 2012 Offseason Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Wow, we'll miss him jumping offsides every now and then but man, the Raiders are leaving too many holes to be filled to be honest. I can understand getting rid of some players that won't restructure (like Palmer) and McClain (who doesn't want to be here anyway) but man it's going to be an ugly season next year.

I don't think McKenzie is doing that great or good of a job. He's signing scrubs on the cheap just to fill the roster. But the goal should be to put a winning team on the field regardless if you're rebuilding or not. Huff, Lechler, Seymour, Kelly, DHB, and Wheeler are all gone.

Jun 23, 2005
All of those guys u mentioned were/are over payed and of over the hump in age or a combination of both. Reggie is cleansing this teAm of all the ridiculous contracts. He's trying to build a perennial contender, not a team that goes 8-8 like we did 2 years before Reggie got here.

And one of those scrubs he signed to fill roster spots last year got decent contracts this offseason (wheeler) while some did fail (bartell and spencer). Low risk high reward type contracts is what Reggie is looking for Players who want to earn a paycheck

I honestly wouldn't be mad if we tanked next year and picked up the number 1 pick clowney. He is a franchise player and a straight beast. All signs point to us taking that route

Props: Joey and Tony

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
I'm glad Mckenzie is getting rid of all these players. Huff is in GB, he should just go to texas where he wants to be. Huff played well at times but we need a real FS

Props: MaC A$$ ViC

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
AFC West Blog - ESPN

Former Oakland punter Shane Lechler told San Francisco radio station, 95.7 The Game that he was surprised Oakland did not pursue him. He signed with Houston on Friday.

“This was my first time in free agency. To tell you the truth, man it’s nerve-racking,” Lechler told the radio station. “I didn’t know where I was going to go, where I was going to live or where my kids were going to go to school. I wasn’t hearing anything from Oakland. After giving them 13 years, and plus what the Davis family has done for me, I thought I would at least have a conversation with someone there or something before all of this went down. That was the frustrating part of it. I can’t say that I turned a contract down or anything because I was never really offered one. That was frustrating but I understand. Reggie’s running that thing now like he wants to run it and it’s pretty safe to say I don’t believe I was in the plans.”

Lecher, who was making $4 million a season in Oakland, signed a three-year, $5.5 million deal with Houston. Lechler is from Texas. Oakland is expected to give talented, but unproven Marquette King a chance to replace Lechler.

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
veldeer looks like a beast but on sum plays it looks like blood dosent pump to his head and he gets alot of flags called on him,..holding and shit,..when ur that big u shouldnt be getting flags for holding often!