OFFICIAL OAKLAND RAIDERS 2010 SEASON THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2006
There are alot of positives to take from the preseason thus far. We have opened with a touchdown to start the game three weeks in a row. Preseason or not, that first drive of the game is as close as you are going to get to regular season action. We have two solid QB's going into the season. Heyward-Bey seems ready to catch 50 -60 balls this year. We know Murphy will be in that range. Z. Miller should have his best year as a pro. Our running game with Bush and McFadden hasn't got going yet, but the use of the fullback has to be included and I like what I see. Reece is a beast. Everyone is focused on the skill positions because the fullback is looked at like a blocker only. Hue has utilized this position to perfection. Ford, Higgins, and Miller are good for some offense too. We need the o-line to step up. Campbell and Gradkowski move well in the pocket though so that will help.

Defensively we have looked unbelievable at times, but also given up the big runs. I think those things can be fixed though. Seymour hasn't played and there is no doubt he will elevate everyone's game when on the field.

I just want to see all our starters on the field together for an entire game. I think Hue has alot up his sleeve and we have reason to be optmisitc for a change. With that being said, FUCK THE TITANS!!!!

Jun 1, 2002
I'm calling it now - the Oakland Raiders will have a top 5 Defense.

Our depth at QB is crazy when you look at where we were a year ago. We have two solid starters in Campbell and Gradkowski. Both are proven and capable QB's. Boller provides an excellent 3rd string option.

Our secondary will be shut-down quality on both sides. Stanford Routt has improved by leaps and bounds and Chris Johnson is a number 1 corner on any other team. Nnamdi I don't need to mention. Tyvon Branch is a star waiting to break out and Michael Huff has earned his 7th overall pick status. Mike Mitchell looks promising as a feasome hitter and you have to be excited about Stevie Brown's knack for INT's.

Our D line will provide a lot of natural pressure in a 4 man front. Seymour will make everyone around him better and Houston, Shaughnessy, Wimbly and Scott should do some amazing things. This should be a comeback year for Tommy Kelly. His conditioning is really good. Expect a lot of sacks from our D Line.

McClain is slowly startng to adjust to the speed of the game. When he comes on, which I predict will happen around game 3 or 4, look out.

Offensively - you have to be excited about Louis Murphy and DHB's steady progression. We're a little thin at WR but give these guys a chance.

RB's have been a bit disappointing. Let's wish Michael Bush a speedy recovery. He'll be the key.

O line needs to step up and be more consistant. As do Special Teams. If that happens.. a lot of things become possibilities.

LET'S GO!!!!

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I'm with it, I just don't agree about Chris Johnson though, he seems to give up big plays.

But I'm pumped, hopefully we can pull off the upset in Tennessee.... I think the key to beating Tennessee is stoping Chris Johnson first and then containing Vince Young. Easier said than done but it looks like our D is up for the challenge.

Apr 25, 2002
Im skeptical of our special teams. Our special teams production was low, a lot of slipped catches and poor blocking and we didnt gain much ground. Im excited of our Defense. I want our offense to be productive to keep the D off the field. Our running game has to step it up bigtime to open up our passing plays....

AFC WEST here we come!!!!

Aug 9, 2006
good thread till i see chris johnson is a number 1 on any other team.....unless you were talking about the RB on the TITANS i gotta laugh at that......that fool is lost in coverage half the time, you cant be serious

Aug 9, 2006
LOL, breh i have sunday ticket and DVR box just for that reason, nothing but football from last year and this years preseason games.....you dont even have TONY to agree with you, chris johnson on the field is a liability breh.....plain and simple

Jun 1, 2002
LOL, breh i have sunday ticket and DVR box just for that reason, nothing but football from last year and this years preseason games.....you dont even have TONY to agree with you, chris johnson on the field is a liability breh.....plain and simple
AGAIN - when you play opposite Nnamdi Asomugha, you will be thrown at CONSTANTLY. If you watch the games, he makes more plays than he gives up. He had a stellar year in 2008, which is why he was signed long-term.

On any other team, he would be getting thrown at at least HALF as much. Therefore he would be just fine, and would be a legitimate starter-quality corner.

Jan 6, 2004
www.myspace.com
good thread till i see chris johnson is a number 1 on any other team.....unless you were talking about the RB on the TITANS i gotta laugh at that......that fool is lost in coverage half the time, you cant be serious
Your right breh.. CJ was getting absolutely torched last night by the Seahawks number 2's.. It was pathetic, Id always liked dude til then, not no more he is a major concern..