OFFICIAL OAKLAND RAIDERS 2008 SEASON THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Let's start it off

We got an exciting season ahead of us. If J. Russ can play solid and our running game and defense can live up to the expectations I think we can surprise all the haters out there.

We're lookin like a much improved team.

Startin Monday night... Donkeys are going down

JUST WIN BABY!

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
^ damn that sucks

you better get sick and go home early...

I'm leavin work at 1:00... changin and buying some food/beer/bottles

then headin out around 2:00 to stat tailgatin... can't wait!!

Dec 2, 2006
about 26 hours and counting.

i like the music add. i get goosebumps thinking about the raiders walking out the tunnell and those bells clinging- ding........ding.........ding, there aint no place like a raiders game, especially on monday night!

Jun 1, 2002
I'LL BE THERE UNDER THE LIGHTS. IT SHOULD BE A GOOD GAME. HOPEFULLY WE GET THE W. I HAVE A GOOD FEELING ABOUT THIS GAME!!

LET'S GO RAIDERS!!!!

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
i like the music add. i get goosebumps thinking about the raiders walking out the tunnell and those bells clinging- ding........ding.........ding, there aint no place like a raiders game, especially on monday night!
I feel you man... I'm gettin goosebumps too

I'm so juiced for the game... shit is gonna be craaackin

Jun 1, 2002
COMMITMENT TO EXCREMENT!

Sorry for hi-jacking thread...hehehehehe
HERE YOU GO SCARY!!!

LOL!

10 reasons Raiders will beat Broncos
By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Monday, September 8th, 2008 at 7:08 am in Oakland Raiders.

Here is why the Raiders will beat the Denver Broncos tonight at McAfee Coliseum:

1. They’re due. At some point, the Raiders will face a team which plays worse than they do in Week 1. Plus, you’ve got to figure an ex-Bronco or two (Javon Walker, Ashley Lelie, Gerard Warren, Cooper Carlisle) can give the Raiders an edge.

2. They’re better at quarterback. Yes, JaMarcus Russell will make mistakes. But don’t compare Russell to other No. 1 draft picks or quarterbacks on other teams. Compare him instead to Aaron Brooks, the 2006 Andrew Walter, Josh McCown and Daunte Culpepper.

How do you like him now?

Take a look at how Atlanta’s Matt Ryan and Baltimore’s Joe Flacco did in their debuts Sunday. With the proper run support, there is no reason Russell can’t do something similar.

3. Justin Fargas is all shiny and new, having not yet subjected his body to the weekly demolition derby. He’s the most game-ready player on the offense according to Lane Kiffin and he is just waiting to drop 100-plus on the Broncos after gashing them for 146 last season in Oakland.

4. Mike Shanahan bristled during a conference call when I asked him about the Broncos getting away from being a running team because of Jay Cutler’s emergence as a passer.

“You may write about it more when we’re throwing the ball well but we’re still going to run the football and we’re running it well,” Shanahan said.

But the fact is they weren’t up to par last year, gaining under 2,000 yards (1,957) for the first time in since 2001 and finishing ninth in rushing, a year after finishing eighth. The biggest reason for Denver’s dominance over Oakland since 1995 is their running game _ and now the Raiders run it better.

5. Denver wide receiver Brandon Marshall is suspended for the opening game. He is the most dangerous receiver on either team, the game-breaking target Cutler needs the most.

The starters will be Darrell Jackson, the drop-prone veteran who even the 49ers wouldn’ t have as their own, and Eddie Royal, a dangerous rookie. Nnamdi Asomugha, DeAngelo Hall and Stanford Routt should be able to keep the Denver receivers under control.

Note: Prevoiusly called Eddie Royal “Darrell.” Darrell Royal is the former coach at Texas.

6. The Raiders should have swept the Broncos last year. Only Shanahan’s time out prevented an Oakland win in Denver when Sebastian Janikowski boinked one off the upright.

This gets back to reason No. 2, but Josh McCown, playing with a bad ankle, had one of the worst days a quarterback could possibly have yet the Broncos were lucky to win. All McCown had to do was properly manage the rematch _ which he did _ and Denver wound up kneeling on the ball to end a 34-20 loss.

Out-coaching Shanahan head-to-head is probably the only reason Kiffin escaped the Bugel-Shell fate of one-and-done.

7. The Broncos don’t have the defensive personnel to dominate the Raiders offensive line. No Albert Haynesworth and not a Williams (Pat, Mike, Jamal) in sight. It’s true the Raiders tackles have some pass blocking issues, but in a true zone blocking system, the key linemen are the center and two guards _ and Robert Gallery, Jake Grove and Carlisle should take care of business.

8. Zach Miller should be open _ and Russell will find him. Denver strong safety Marquand Manuel is regarded as a hitter with problems in coverage _ perfect for a tight end who seems wise beyond his years in finding open areas and a quarterback in Russell who already sees him as a secruity blanket.

9. The Darren McFadden factor. He changes everything about a a formerly plodding offense _ including how teams will defend the Raiders. He will create mismatches _ even when it is someone else getting the ball.

10. Jason Elam is in Atlanta. Maybe the scariest Bronco over the years where the Raiders are concerned because it seemed he never missed dating back to the old Mile High Stadium and when the Raiders were at the Los Angeles Coliseum.

It’s not going to have that “automatic” feeling when Matt Prater lines up for the big kick

Mar 16, 2005
HERE YOU GO SCARY!!!

LOL!

10 reasons Raiders will beat Broncos
By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Monday, September 8th, 2008 at 7:08 am in Oakland Raiders.

Here is why the Raiders will beat the Denver Broncos tonight at McAfee Coliseum:

1. They’re due. At some point, the Raiders will face a team which plays worse than they do in Week 1. Plus, you’ve got to figure an ex-Bronco or two (Javon Walker, Ashley Lelie, Gerard Warren, Cooper Carlisle) can give the Raiders an edge.

2. They’re better at quarterback. Yes, JaMarcus Russell will make mistakes. But don’t compare Russell to other No. 1 draft picks or quarterbacks on other teams. Compare him instead to Aaron Brooks, the 2006 Andrew Walter, Josh McCown and Daunte Culpepper.

How do you like him now?

Take a look at how Atlanta’s Matt Ryan and Baltimore’s Joe Flacco did in their debuts Sunday. With the proper run support, there is no reason Russell can’t do something similar.

3. Justin Fargas is all shiny and new, having not yet subjected his body to the weekly demolition derby. He’s the most game-ready player on the offense according to Lane Kiffin and he is just waiting to drop 100-plus on the Broncos after gashing them for 146 last season in Oakland.

4. Mike Shanahan bristled during a conference call when I asked him about the Broncos getting away from being a running team because of Jay Cutler’s emergence as a passer.

“You may write about it more when we’re throwing the ball well but we’re still going to run the football and we’re running it well,” Shanahan said.

But the fact is they weren’t up to par last year, gaining under 2,000 yards (1,957) for the first time in since 2001 and finishing ninth in rushing, a year after finishing eighth. The biggest reason for Denver’s dominance over Oakland since 1995 is their running game _ and now the Raiders run it better.

5. Denver wide receiver Brandon Marshall is suspended for the opening game. He is the most dangerous receiver on either team, the game-breaking target Cutler needs the most.

The starters will be Darrell Jackson, the drop-prone veteran who even the 49ers wouldn’ t have as their own, and Eddie Royal, a dangerous rookie. Nnamdi Asomugha, DeAngelo Hall and Stanford Routt should be able to keep the Denver receivers under control.

Note: Prevoiusly called Eddie Royal “Darrell.” Darrell Royal is the former coach at Texas.

6. The Raiders should have swept the Broncos last year. Only Shanahan’s time out prevented an Oakland win in Denver when Sebastian Janikowski boinked one off the upright.

This gets back to reason No. 2, but Josh McCown, playing with a bad ankle, had one of the worst days a quarterback could possibly have yet the Broncos were lucky to win. All McCown had to do was properly manage the rematch _ which he did _ and Denver wound up kneeling on the ball to end a 34-20 loss.

Out-coaching Shanahan head-to-head is probably the only reason Kiffin escaped the Bugel-Shell fate of one-and-done.

7. The Broncos don’t have the defensive personnel to dominate the Raiders offensive line. No Albert Haynesworth and not a Williams (Pat, Mike, Jamal) in sight. It’s true the Raiders tackles have some pass blocking issues, but in a true zone blocking system, the key linemen are the center and two guards _ and Robert Gallery, Jake Grove and Carlisle should take care of business.

8. Zach Miller should be open _ and Russell will find him. Denver strong safety Marquand Manuel is regarded as a hitter with problems in coverage _ perfect for a tight end who seems wise beyond his years in finding open areas and a quarterback in Russell who already sees him as a secruity blanket.

9. The Darren McFadden factor. He changes everything about a a formerly plodding offense _ including how teams will defend the Raiders. He will create mismatches _ even when it is someone else getting the ball.

10. Jason Elam is in Atlanta. Maybe the scariest Bronco over the years where the Raiders are concerned because it seemed he never missed dating back to the old Mile High Stadium and when the Raiders were at the Los Angeles Coliseum.

It’s not going to have that “automatic” feeling when Matt Prater lines up for the big kick
1) They are due...hahahaha as if law of averages play a factor here.

2) better at qb? says who? noone in the NFL would say that is true, well except those folks in Oakland I guess.

3) I have already said I am afraid about our run D, but this is common sense, so no need to praise this "writer"

4) we are getting away from run game for a reason...we have better QB, and I already said in my other thread Cutler will be the factor not our running game!

5) I agree but again, this is common sense not smart writing

6) So because you could have/should have swept last year this affects this year??? hmm :ermm:

7) Could be true, but I like Doom's chances getting some pressure tonight.

8) hmmm, ok what about DJ covering him? Same with abdullah. Very moot and generic point here.

9) Could be a huge factor see #3

10) Prater is just as good if not better than last years Elam. Elam was a very average kicker last year, Prater has a stronger leg, and gives us a better chance at fg's from 40+

This is a very poorly written piece of news. At least either sound smart or give better reasons

Hell I could have written this better for you guys.

What about the revolving door at d-cord for us? How about the injury to Nalen and him being out? How about Boss being limited? There are way more reasons that whet he has listed.

And flip the coin, we have a better special teams than last year, which should limit the Raiders from starting in very good field position. How about a duel tight end threat of graham and scheffler, to help off set a good 3 wr set of jackson royal and stokely? will you guys be able to stop Selvin Young? oe to take a page out of this great writers "knowledge", how about shanny pwns al davis? or how about this is the first start in JR's first full season how will he respond on a national stage? etc etc etc etc etc

Anyone of us real fans could have came up with a better piece than the trash you posted here.

Mar 16, 2005
17-0 ht

:ermm::confused::mad::hurt::(

Lets see if Lane and your boys can make some adjustments!

Told y'all not to worry about our running game and to watch for Cutler!

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Let's start it off

We got an exciting season ahead of us. If J. Russ can play solid and our running game and defense can live up to the expectations I think we can surprise all the haters out there.

We're lookin like a much improved team.

Startin Monday night... Donkeys are going down

JUST WIN BABY!
ahahahahahahaha 24-0 ahahahahahaha really improved

Jan 28, 2005
ha ha ha ha ha ha

your Raiders are getting Raped by the Denver Broncos.

go ahead and suck up to Jay Cutler praising his passing game, because it's eating ya'll up... and of course, only a good QB can beat the Raiders.

sorry, I love the upsets.