Official LA/Oakland/ Las Vegas Raiders Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Season is done, might as well get it started.

First up we need to dump Ken Norton Jr. Dude is lost as fuck running a defense.

Rumors are Wade Phillips is already talking to us. Dude could make our defense one of the top in the league easily.

Wish we could do something about Musgrave also. Dude's shitty play calling put us behind in way too many games. Dude would straight up call garbage for 3 quarters and it would take Carr calling plays in the huddle to get us come from behind 4 quarter wins. Unfortunately with 12 wins and good offensive numbers Musgrave looks way better than he really is.

Wouldn't mind seeing us pick up a middle linebacker in the draft that can actually cover Tight Ends and also control the middle to stop the run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I think Latavius Murray should be re-signed to a new contract because he's showed he is at least more reliable than McFadden was....Richard and Washington were dope rookies though.
I'm just worried Murray is going to ask for way too much money. I don't want him fucking up our salary cap when he didn't even break 800 yards as our starter and we have Richard and Washington ready to blow up next year. There's some teams out there that will probably be willing to pay him like a premier back when he ain't really a premier back. I read a couple of articles that say his market value will be around $4.5 million a year, just seems like a lot for a dude who hasn't ran like a #1 guy and we have Carr's new contract to pay for, Mack's new contract next year, and Cooper's new contract after that, plus we gotta keep our dope O-line paid. Murray might not be worth it in the long run.

I'm torn on dude honestly. Sometimes he gets the ball and seems slow as fuck, like he's running in mud and I think shit like "if Richard had that hole he would have taken it to the house". I like Murray, but at the same time I don't want him taking snaps from Richard and Washington, I would rather see what Richard and Washington can do next year splitting snaps.

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
Yeah it turns out we will be paying much less if we draft one of the top running backs in the draft instead of signing Murray to a new contract.....and this year's running back draft class is deep with talent, but I don't think Reggie McKenzie picks running backs high in the draft, he'll find a solid one late in the draft.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Norton not leaving
Read the Raiders reached out to Wade Philips today and like 3 hours later reports came out that Norton is staying, Philips must have turned them down.

They must be giving Norton another chance with guys like Mario Edwards Jr coming back at full strength and Aldon Smith coming back after a full training camp.

Just read we fired our DB coach, so it sounds like they really want to address the secondary which is good. Reggie Nelson and Karl Joseph I think can make an impact at safety if they get a good scheme to play in. Hopefully Sean Smith actually plays for his big contract next year cause from what I'm reading we're basically stuck with him cause of dead money if we release him and his salary is too high for a trade.

Hope we draft a good CB that can at least rotate in maybe.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Bill Musgrave is gone. Our QB coach Todd Downing just got promoted as OC, which makes me think Carr will be doing a lot of the play calling in the huddle and the line of scrimmage.
Apparently Downing had at least 5 interviews lined up with other teams for an OC position, so JDR pulled the trigger cause he really likes Downing and didn't want to lose him.

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
Read the Raiders reached out to Wade Philips today and like 3 hours later reports came out that Norton is staying, Philips must have turned them down.

They must be giving Norton another chance with guys like Mario Edwards Jr coming back at full strength and Aldon Smith coming back after a full training camp.

Just read we fired our DB coach, so it sounds like they really want to address the secondary which is good. Reggie Nelson and Karl Joseph I think can make an impact at safety if they get a good scheme to play in. Hopefully Sean Smith actually plays for his big contract next year cause from what I'm reading we're basically stuck with him cause of dead money if we release him and his salary is too high for a trade.

Hope we draft a good CB that can at least rotate in maybe.
I Think Philips said no to us, thats why Norton was kept, i think if he fails next year he's gone, we need to draft new CB's also need to get our DB's to stop giving up the long ball ( we were awful ) hopefully we can fix some stuff on D because we got to many good players to be ranked where we were, but as of right now I'm worried about Owners Meetings and the vote to move us or make us stay.. i will refuse to renew my season tickets if we move and ill become a couch fan

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
lol the Raiders squeezed out Sheldon Adelson from the stadium deal in Vegas. Goldman Sachs is going to finance the stadium if Adelson chooses to pull his money. Reading previous articles over the last few months it sounded like Adelson was using his money as leverage to get an ownership stake and larger parts of the stadium profits. Now the Raiders can basically say "lol go away".

Raiders: Las Vegas stadium financing secure, with or without Adelson investment | Las Vegas Review-Journal

A company like Goldman Sachs stepping in is huge.