The Official Golden State Warriors Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Kerr is coaching tonight. Hope it doesn't fuck up the flow of the team. I know Kerr has been in the locker room every game, so I'm hoping he has basically been shadow coaching this entire time anyway.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Dont always have to go for 3's.
For real, I yelled at my TV a couple times. Even guys like David West gunned an unnecessary 3 lol

Under Mike Brown the Warriors seemed to master the pick and roll and have been dicing people up. Kerr is back and we're back to turning over sloppy fast break passes and gunning 3's non stop instead of setting an offense.

One good thing though is so far the Dubs played probably the worst basketball they could possibly play and are still leading. That's always a good sign. A couple of adjustments and it should be easy mode for the win.

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
Not gonna lie, I was a little worried with Kerr coming back in seeing as he's been out for the past few rounds and Mike Brown seemed to have a good thing going with the 13-0 run, but after watching his and Steph's pregame interview last night, they both touch upon the fact that Mike had very little to do in the way of strategy and basically reiterated what Steve's relayed to them both at training and at the halftime intervals, with Brown only adding minor feedback with defensive breakdowns and spacing advice.

First quarter started off pretty sloppy and they definitely need to address closing the lane and getting more help D in the paint because Bron was walking into buckets down there the whole first half of the night.

Overall the Dubs offense kept them in the game and the Cav's inconsistency off the bench gave them the W and if you look at the stat's, Klay and KD's presence was clearly the difference in this one. Steph got his triple-double and is arguably back in full form, despite some poor passing and a total of 8 turnovers which can't happen in Cleveland, KD got 33, 5 huge blocks down the stretch and 3 steals and Klay's comeback 22, 4 big trey's and most notably his defensive shutdown's on Kyrie and LeBron in transition and on the perimeter kept the Cav's from being in any type of contention whatsoever despite those earlier flaws on our part.

Not a bad win given the score, but they need to work on those defensive stops within the paint as well as a few other adjustments in Cleveland if they want to come away with the win...

Ps. The officiating was fucking horrible in this game. I could name soo many no-calls and just outright shoving and grabbing on Klay and Steph it's almost becoming a joke...

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
soooo many calls on dubs were a joke... just wow. lebron had 1 foul that i saw in the 4th maybe more...
Yeah it was pretty bad, I was saying that same shit in another thread. Lebron was playing rough as fuck all night. Setting illegal screens all night. Hit Curry in the face during an illegal screen, and no calls. It took him pushing KD mid court while KD was bringing the ball up in the 4th quarter to even get a call. Lebron played 40 minutes and only had 2 fouls playing that rough.

Meanwhile Draymond had 5, KD had 4, Steph had 3. Mostly week ass bullshit. Draymond only played 26 minutes tonight because of foul trouble.

I expect this shit to be worse in Cleveland. Lebron is gonna have to murder somebody on the court to get whistles against him.

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
Yeah it was pretty bad, I was saying that same shit in another thread. Lebron was playing rough as fuck all night. Setting illegal screens all night. Hit Curry in the face during an illegal screen, and no calls. It took him pushing KD mid court while KD was bringing the ball up in the 4th quarter to even get a call. Lebron played 40 minutes and only had 2 fouls playing that rough.

Meanwhile Draymond had 5, KD had 4, Steph had 3. Mostly week ass bullshit. Draymond only played 26 minutes tonight because of foul trouble.

I expect this shit to be worse in Cleveland. Lebron is gonna have to murder somebody on the court to get whistles against him.
It's actually some next level shit as I mentioned in my earlier post, the officiating has hit an all-time low when it comes to the BS calls made in opposition of the Dubs and more notably, Curry getting any type of calls made in favour of him. Jim Barnett & Bob Fitzgerald showed highlights during the series versus the Blazers highlighting all the no-calls on Curry being pulled down and held by his jersey or arm... Even Jeff Van Gundy mentioned it the other night, with Mark Jackson quickly changing the subject.

Expect no less than a clusterfuck of no-calls in Cleveland.