The Official Golden State Warriors Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
Well that's one way of closing out the Western conference finals with two consecutive straight sweeps. As much as I root for dude, Klay really does need to start putting up some numbers and get his offense going as he seemed to take a seat behind KD and Steph this series minus his defensive prowess.

Regardless of the unnecessary dramas within the series, it's nice to see Pop and the Spurs give props to all the players and in particular the organization in a non-biased way, there's no denying the man's coaching ability and to end it on the note that he did, particularly in the postgame shows the level of class and genuine sportsmanship our conference has in comparison to the ferrel Thunder/Cav's fans they're a fucking disgrace.

Was also nice to see Manu get his props he definitely put in work in his time of contributing to the league, dude has a great basketball IQ and just a dope ability to get things done on both ends of the floor.

Here's to hoping the Celtics pull through with a W and take out LeBust and his bandwagon camp in Cleveland tonight although I honestly can't see it happening given the scare they got in Game 3... we'll wait and see though.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I'm not really worried anymore about Klay's scoring. Dude's defense is on point, he's locking down everybody he guards. As long as Curry and KD keep combining for 70 and Klay keeps locking people down I think we'll be good.

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
I personally think the addition of KD on the perimter has affected Klay's catch and shoot ability, which is how he get's most of his j's and he clearly just doesn't get as many open looks and as much spacing within the offense as he previously did, forcing him to create off the dribble which isn't to his preference. There's still no denying he's been ice cold throughout the series though so whatever it is, I sure as fuck hope he get's it going in the next game.

On the contrary his defense has been some of the best I've seen all series... he shut down almost every shot opportunity he contested and forced some ugly shots on Kyrie and LeQueens behalf.

All in all, this wasn't a bad way to kick off the series, KD went in and Steph is clearly back in his zone and looked fairly comfortable once he got that momentum going, great team contribution with McCaw being the only exception to not land a bucket on the roster. Defense was on point for the majority of the game and forced Cleveland into 20 turnover's as opposed to just 4 by the Dubs.

Also gotta give props to Dray and Zaza for holding Tristan Thompson to just 0 Points and 4 boards all game, dude was a no show despite all the media hype.

Hopefully they continue to hold weight in Cleveland for the next round. If the next one goes to us and the Steph/KD two-way continues being a factor with Dray and Klay shutting it down on the defensive end, I don't see us falling in this series, especially if Klay's trey's start falling and his overall offense is back in motion.

Props: :ab: and :ab:
Apr 24, 2012
klay's defense makes up for his lack of offense, but they have to be careful and cover him cuz he could hit multiple 3s at any open look. Great game 1 tho shooting and rebounding not the greatest they showed they are the better team. Draymond is my mvp with durrant

Props: :ab: and :ab: