The Official Golden State Warriors Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
If you consider that foul with Zaza intentional than you must have an extremely low basketball IQ, his body was facing the rim by the time the shot was released and clearly established himself from making any substantial further contact with Kawhi... It was all downhill for Kawhi when HE tangled himself up with David Lee's foot after he hit that initial trey, BUT as per usual the rest of the masses are going to try and vilify the following play in any which way they can simply because Zaza's wearing a Warriors jersey. It's almost sickening.

As for the game itself, they played Popovich's game the first two quarters and only managed to cling on by a few defensive stops and low percentage shot attempts by the Spurs.

Once they started playing at their own pace, Livingston got on the offensive glass and Curry got hot beyond the arc along with KD's two triples, it was a wrap... All it took for the swing was the usual defensive pressure with Draymond's press in the paint and the help presence from Klay/KD and the Spurs lost their composure.

Overall it could've easily have gone the other way hadn't they picked up in the fourth and if they want to close out the series they need to get their offense going, get those defensive stops on LaMarcus in the paint and Klay need's to get more involved and start playing his game again as Curry clearly picked up from his usual 20 or so point average.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
Have you ever watched a cavs game vs any other team? Lebron not getting called for shit is the NBA itself, not limited to when he faces gsw. He can scream at refs, take 3 steps and charge on every possession.

As for draymond, if he didnt kick steven adams in the balls in okc as well maybe he'd have got the benefit of the doubt.

And curry not getting enough calls compared to how many shots he takes? Half his shots are 3s, i know he drives a lot but it isnt like he goes hard to the rim to get the call, bulk of his drives are soft floaters before help defense can contest.

You expected kawhi of all people to say anything else? Not to mention right after he said he didnt know and he didnt watch the tape.

Zaza contested the shot then took another step for no apparent reason exactly where kawhi was landing. Is it concrete? No but it looks suspect as hell to just about everyone who isnt a gsw fan.
propped because I agree about draymon kicking his leg out, or kneeing, and put a target on his own back

but the zaza-kawhi ankle sprain didn't look intentional at all. zaza turned his head when the shot was released, didn't look like he aimed his foot under kawhi's. and zaza had forward momentum in closing out on the shot defensively, hence him stepping forward in the first place

league is pussy and cheating if they punish zaza at all, it was a legit basketball play

Nov 18, 2010
If you consider that foul with Zaza intentional than you must have an extremely low basketball IQ, his body was facing the rim by the time the shot was released and clearly established himself from making any substantial further contact with Kawhi... It was all downhill for Kawhi when HE tangled himself up with David Lee's foot after he hit that initial trey, BUT as per usual the rest of the masses are going to try and vilify the following play in any which way they can simply because Zaza's wearing a Warriors jersey. It's almost sickening.

As for the game itself, they played Popovich's game the first two quarters and only managed to cling on by a few defensive stops and low percentage shot attempts by the Spurs.

Once they started playing at their own pace, Livingston got on the offensive glass and Curry got hot beyond the arc along with KD's two triples, it was a wrap... All it took for the swing was the usual defensive pressure with Draymond's press in the paint and the help presence from Klay/KD and the Spurs lost their composure.

Overall it could've easily have gone the other way hadn't they picked up in the fourth and if they want to close out the series they need to get their offense going, get those defensive stops on LaMarcus in the paint and Klay need's to get more involved and start playing his game again as Curry clearly picked up from his usual 20 or so point average.
They got to playing their own brand of ball because the best defensive player in the league (or maybe #2 cuz dray might get dpoy) went down. Patty Mills inability to hit a shot, Aldridge falling apart in the 4th, nobody boxing out and getting boards. I doubt that momentum swing or the 14-0 run woulda happened with kawhi in.

I guess me and damn near everyone who isnt a gsw fan has a low bball iq, if he didnt take an extra step at the end id agree with you.

And youre talking like zaza doesnt have a history of dirty plays, including where he tried to injure kawhi once before

[ame]https://twitter.com/Alxnoir/status/863901058417836032[/ame]

propped because I agree about draymon kicking his leg out, or kneeing, and put a target on his own back

but the zaza-kawhi ankle sprain didn't look intentional at all. zaza turned his head when the shot was released, didn't look like he aimed his foot under kawhi's. and zaza had forward momentum in closing out on the shot defensively, hence him stepping forward in the first place

league is pussy and cheating if they punish zaza at all, it was a legit basketball play
Ill say this

I think it was dirty but with no irrefutable proof that he was trying to slip a foot under his landing the league shouldnt suspend him. But if Kawhi misses game 2 or more that is bullshit and the best series of the playoffs is gonna be boring as fuck.

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
They got to playing their own brand of ball because the best defensive player in the league (or maybe #2 cuz dray might get dpoy) went down. Patty Mills inability to hit a shot, Aldridge falling apart in the 4th, nobody boxing out and getting boards. I doubt that momentum swing or the 14-0 run woulda happened with kawhi in.

I guess me and damn near everyone who isnt a gsw fan has a low bball iq, if he didnt take an extra step at the end id agree with you.

And youre talking like zaza doesnt have a history of dirty plays, including where he tried to injure kawhi once before

Twitter

Ill say this

I think it was dirty but with no irrefutable proof that he was trying to slip a foot under his landing the league shouldnt suspend him. But if Kawhi misses game 2 or more that is bullshit and the best series of the playoffs is gonna be boring as fuck.
agree that this series will be worse off without kawhi. it is what it is tho.

ironic thing is that the famed spurs defensive stopper bruce bowen regularly used to put his foot under a landing opponent's feet. shit was part of his defensive repertoire. dirty ass player w a jersey in the rafters. so fck the spurs, really tho

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
agree that this series will be worse off without kawhi. it is what it is tho.

ironic thing is that the famed spurs defensive stopper bruce bowen regularly used to put his foot under a landing opponent's feet. shit was part of his defensive repertoire. dirty ass player w a jersey in the rafters. so fck the spurs, really tho
What's hilarious is Popovich is going off about Zaza today, yet won 3 rings with Bruce Bowen in his line up lol Pop having the nerve to call any player in the league dirty after coaching Bowen for 8 seasons is a joke.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
And right after corrects himself saying he needs to watch the tape and doesnt know for sure.
Where does he ever say he "doesn't know for sure"? lol

This is his exact quote.

“Did he step under it? Like on purpose? No, he was contesting the shot, the shot clock was coming down. I’ll have to see the play.”

Reaching pretty hard to say he corrected himself in that quote lol

Nov 18, 2010
Where does he ever say he "doesn't know for sure"? lol

This is his exact quote.

“Did he step under it? Like on purpose? No, he was contesting the shot, the shot clock was coming down. I’ll have to see the play.”

Reaching pretty hard to say he corrected himself in that quote lol
Prob never noticed douchebag neanderthal zaza took an extra step

Nov 18, 2010
If you consider that foul with Zaza intentional than you must have an extremely low basketball IQ, his body was facing the rim by the time the shot was released and clearly established himself from making any substantial further contact with Kawhi...

Couple of HOFers who dont know as much bball as "Silcc-E-FYN"

That is probably the most ironic thing to say that someone has a low bball iq then referencing something that is both common sense and an unwritten rule to let someone have a landing space.

Or icon saying "he perfectly was able to target kawhi's bad foot" or whatever his shitty argument was like it is hard to judge where someone will land when contesting their shot. Or hard to slip at least a size 16 foot underneath someone.

Only person who added something of substance was ab pointing out how it is almost karma for bowen doing that shit all the time.

How many postseason teams has this fake superteam actually beaten healthy in the past 3 years? Maybe 1? And no raptors rebuttal, cuz I know my team is ass.

Either way Im tired of going back n forth with biased home fans, that is about the most pointless shit anyone can do. Still pulling for your fake superteam over LeGM.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
lol @ fake super team. They went to 4 straight playoffs and 2 straight NBA Finals led by 4 players they drafted. One of those drafted players left and they were able to upgrade. If Harrison Barnes stayed we wouldn't have Durant right now.

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
gimmefreemusic @gimmefreemusic I saw that tnt segment and I also saw jalen rose (jalen and jacoby) as well as pop detail zaza's history (bringing down kawhi w an arm lock, coulda broke his arm, and swinging elbows at the face of d.west)...shit was actually kinda convincing I aint gon lie. apparently jalen did it to kobe in the 2000 finals

I still don't think zaza did it on purpose tho, giving him the benefit of the doubt. I have a feeling that kawhi will be back this series either way

Nov 18, 2010
gimmefreemusic @gimmefreemusic I saw that tnt segment and I also saw jalen rose (jalen and jacoby) as well as pop detail zaza's history (bringing down kawhi w an arm lock, coulda broke his arm, and swinging elbows at the face of d.west)...shit was actually kinda convincing I aint gon lie. apparently jalen did it to kobe in the 2000 finals

I still don't think zaza did it on purpose tho, giving him the benefit of the doubt. I have a feeling that kawhi will be back this series either way
Well game 3 i think for sure. 2 is up in the air but most recent reports said no structural damage. Im sure either way gsw is game planning for him to be in the lineup.