The Official Golden State Warriors Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
Either Curry is trolling the fuck out of this season or he lost his touch completely. Simply going off of his on the court presence/demeanor, he is playing at like 30%

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
It seems like an overreaction after a bad couple of games....but somehow this GS team doesnt seem hungry. Feel the same way about Cle. Its almost like both expect to coast to the finals.

It remains to be seen if they can coast thru a 7 game series and still beat Sa, Hou, Utah.. Boston, Washington respectively.

We are 2gb Denver for #8 seed. We are 1 of the few teams who could possibly beat GS in round 1. It is very unlikely, but we are a matchup problem for GS. Time will tell

Dec 3, 2016
It seems like an overreaction after a bad couple of games....but somehow this GS team doesnt seem hungry. Feel the same way about Cle. Its almost like both expect to coast to the finals.

It remains to be seen if they can coast thru a 7 game series and still beat Sa, Hou, Utah.. Boston, Washington respectively.

We are 2gb Denver for #8 seed. We are 1 of the few teams who could possibly beat GS in round 1. It is very unlikely, but we are a matchup problem for GS. Time will tell
As of right now.. any team could beat us in a best of 7 shit even a best of 5. Simply the shots haven't been falling which is the majority of our offense the way it's built. I would like to see Klay drive to the bucket more, maybe more elbow jumpers. Yes 3's are nice and it's the Splash Bro way, but he can use his size and get to the line more. Curry needs to figure it out though because he is far far removed from the MVP. I bet if the NBA contracts were built with more incentives instead of you start or sit you still get paid all your money, players would have way more motivation.

Props: :ab: and :ab:
Jan 13, 2017
Cali
That is why we pose a matchup problem. Wiggins has the length and athleticism to physically match up with Klay, and Rubio is a long rangy defender at the #1. KAT is also a tough guard for draymond.

Still, we are well below .500 and id be surprised if we won more than 1 game in a series. But we've seen good teams lose to bad matchups before. But GS needs to get it rolling. If the playoffs started today, they wouldnt be the favorite.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Feels like Russ lost whatever chance he had at mvp last night. Gs easily beat them minus Durant.

Meanwhile, Harden dropped 39 and had gw layup. Hardens gotta be the mvp right? I thought KD had a solid chance til injury. Kawhi? Maybe
It's gotta be either Harden or Kawhi. Playoff seeding always has a lot to do with MVP votes, Westbrook sitting at the 6 seed basically means he's done for. In the last 30 years the lowest seeding an MVP has been has been Karl Malone in 1999 at 3rd seed (Jazz were tied with the best record in the NBA though) and Jordan in 1988 at 3rd seed. Every single other one has been mostly 1's with a few 2's sprinkled in.

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
Averaging a triple double is a neat story, but his usage rates and efficiency metrics are retarded. Harden is doing similar, but has been much more efficient, and Hou might be in the area of 55 wins.

Isiah Thomas? Boston should end up as the #2 seed. I personally dont think he does enough outside of scoring, but he deserves a bone.

I go back to KD. I think he was in the lead because how much defensive improvement he showed, and still scoring immensely efficiently. Injury cost him

Dec 3, 2016
It's an argument that really no one is wrong on. Westbrook gets all these stats because he's the teams only scoring option. When you take away his effectiveness, you see what happens in the game against the Warriors. I liked how Kerr adjusted the defense and the Thunder really had no answer. You could also argue, it's hard to average a triple double and that's very true. But you mean to tell me that an MVP keeps his team as the 6th seed? I saw Westbrook lose Curry several times and just give up on defense and position himself to rebound, a lot of assists were in transition too.

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
Probably a very fringe arguement... John Wall?
Currently the 3 seed and right on Bostons ass for #2. Currently averaging 23-11-4 and has become an almost elite perimeter defender.

I might actually put him as the Eastern mvp above Thomas and Lebron. (By Lebrons standards, hes having a down year).

I think I go Harden, Kawhi, Wall, Westbrook. KD was top 2 tho before injury

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
it's harden, IMO. I know kawhi is elite on both ends (and maybe I haven't seen enough spurs games to say so) but I mentally take a little bit away from him because of popovich bein an all-time great coach.

even without this loss last night, it wasn't Westbrook because it was obvious that he was chasing the triple doubles the whole season. well, it became obvious after I read an article on it lol, I don't watch enough okc games to know. that and Westbrook being a chucker, I could see why kd left (tho I can also see why kd coming to the dubs, of all teams, left everyone pretty salty)

can't stand kanter's ole borat lookin ass btw tho

Last edited:

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
Kawhi will win the MVP award solely on the basis that the Spurs are the 2nd seed. He's had a great season for sure, but the real MVP to me is Westbrook. He has carried that mediocre team on his back throughout the entire season to a respectable 6-7 seed (might catch the Jazz for a possible 4th too), which mind you also included lengthy injuries to their key players. His triple doubles obviously do matter because when he does average them, they are like 29-6.

Props: :ab: and :ab:

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
re visiting the topic, I think the mvp could (and prolly should) be lebron. unpopular opinion but oh well. the media and the nba audience may be sick of him but he has dominated the league gor a while now. and his team would be strait shit if he left or got injured