The Official Golden State Warriors Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 13, 2017
Cali
I never said I had a problem with it. Not at all. But talking about someones career merits is stupid when its a hall of famer. Call him old, washed, whatever.

Its like when Steve Smith told Jalen Ramsey, I'll be getting fitted for canton in 5 years, you might not even be in the NFL.

I just think the double standard is retarded with warriors and warriors fans. Green acts like a baby and hes "intense and passionate". Lebron acts like that, "hes a crybaby". Curry showboats, and he has "flair"...someone else does, and they are "disrespecting the game"

Props: :ab: and :ab:

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
I never said I had a problem with it. Not at all. But talking about someones career merits is stupid when its a hall of famer. Call him old, washed, whatever.

Its like when Steve Smith told Jalen Ramsey, I'll be getting fitted for canton in 5 years, you might not even be in the NFL.

I just think the double standard is retarded with warriors and warriors fans. Green acts like a baby and hes "intense and passionate". Lebron acts like that, "hes a crybaby". Curry showboats, and he has "flair"...someone else does, and they are "disrespecting the game"
are you anti-warriors?

I actually don't agree w all that draymon does, not at all. dude is a loud mouth that hits dude in the nuts and needs to get a hold of his emotions. I do think he fits in the team perfectly and is able to yell at guys and keep them on the game plan in ways that kerr can't.

but the exchange w pierce was just funny af, so was the delayed tweet by pierce. nothing more, nothing less

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
Im not anti warriors, im anti bandwagon warriors fan post 2014. The Warriors as an organization built a "super-team" via the draft. Thats unheard of these days. That is to be comended. 73 wins exclusively with a homegrown core.

If you only have a Curry jersery...but not a Baron Davis, not a Tim Hardaway, not a Mullin etc. Thats the fan im talking about. Warriors fans have grown exponentially. Its as bad as the 49ers. I AM a 49ers fan, but I loved seeing all the brand new crispy Kaepernick jerserys. Im glad all the bandwagons jumped off again

Dec 3, 2016
Every fanbase of a team that has success has those tho. How many Supersonics jerseys do you still see vs. OKC jerseys? Lakers have one of the biggest bandwagons so do the Celtics because of their success and they like to brag "We have 16 titles, oh we have 17" Personally I hate it and I like it... it means I can't afford going to games BUT players no longer say "Warriors? hell naw I don't wanna go there" It sucked being spurned for other destinations because all we had was Baron Davis, or Monta Ellis who's dumbass broke his ankle riding a scooter but tried to lie about it. I remember we had a lot of decent and good players, Mikael Pietrus, Al Harrington, Marco Belinelli, one good year from Biedrins really lol, J-Rich!

Props: :ab: and :ab:
Jan 13, 2017
Cali
I was a kid during the run-tmc era. That was a dope team. I still cant believe they traded Mitch for Billy Owens. But Mitch ended up being the only bright spot for the Kings for years.

Im actually a Timberwolves fan. Back to the Laettner, Isiah Rider, Tom Gugliotta days. Never in my life have I actually met another Twolves fan in Cali. Not even during that early 2000s run when Kg won mvp and we made the West finals. But im sure the midwest had plenty of new fans.

But you wanna talk about bandwagons... Im a cubs fan. Since the Andre Dawson, Mark Grace, Ryne Sandberg days...last 2 years ive seen all kinds of new Cubs fans in Cali. Im pretty sure they were Giants fans 5 years ago.

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
I got a homie that was talking hell shit when the dubs lost that 3-1. hated the dubs cuz he couldn't stand all the bandwagon fans. but this dude is a chicago bulls and bears fan. became a bears fan after their 85 season and a bulls fan for jordan. in other words, bandwagon. always got a laugh outta that.

anyways, yeah there are hella new dub fans. broads on ig sportn curry jersey like they been down. kinda irritating but that's what comes w success so its whatever

kinda cool the dubs are doing as well as they are while the bitch ass lakers are terrible af tho

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
From an org standpoint, no one can talk shit about GS. Curry, Klay, Draymond all got passed by multiple teams. Even Barnes was a adequate player. Theyve drafted insanely well. Almost San Antonio like.

I live south of Fresno now and moved here in 2009. And this was 100% Lakers territory... over past few years i feel like 20-30% of these ppl became GS fans. Its not uncommon to see GS gear now.

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
where you at, visa?

I lived in fresno for hella years, back in the bay now. everyone, I mean everyone, was a god damn lakers fan. the only dubs fan around, I was deep in enemy territory lol

I do notice more dubs fans in the valley. stopped in a wal mart in patterson (might have been gilroy now that I think about it, been traveling a lot these last couple months) a little while back, saw dubs gear for sale. never woulda seen that before, woulda been all lakers gear, all day.

Apr 24, 2012
Out here hella Filipino cats were Lakers fans, now I see hella Lebron/Cavs and Warriors fans.

Bogut about to sign with the Cavs?
yeah wtf.. i feel like maybe we shoulda done more with our bench? but who knows till the playoffs.. starters obviously solid as fuck and magee is dope but can he do it in the offs against the cavs..