The Official Golden State Warriors Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
I think kd went to the warriors to not only win a ring but to stick it to Westbrook. Also, these owners show no loyalty to them so why should they do the same. Westbrook has and will always be a loose cannon. I'm not mad at his decision no matter what the media narrative is.
Ive been watching basketball since the Showtime lakers and the Celtics in the 80s. I get it that it speaks volumes when a player stays on the same team. History has a funny way or revising itself and when KD enters the hall of fame, all will be forgotten.
Instead of sticking it out in Cleveland, LeBron colluded with Wade and Bosh to win not one, not two, not three... Everyone loathed him. He goes back to Cleveland and the media narrative changes, all is forgiven. Stephen A lead the media charge when KD went to the warriors, saying its a weak move. Also who the hell wants to live in OKC? You been there? Probably got turned out when he went to the bay lol
i agree w KD leaving, and players choosing their own destiny, so i'm with you. KD picking the dubs is fine w me that's my team. but other people who question it, saying he should've picked any other team than the one that just beat him, i can see that point too

KD's rings w the warriors look funny in the light. just like lebron in MIA. if KD goes to another team and wins rings, all will be forgiven, just like lebron coming back to cleveland

i aint fckn w none of them mid western states, ever. unless the money is right, which it likely won't be. dubs players can dream, legitimately, about investing and becoming billionaires in the bay. that aint happening on any other team

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
i agree w KD leaving, and players choosing their own destiny, so i'm with you. KD picking the dubs is fine w me that's my team. but other people who question it, saying he should've picked any other team than the one that just beat him, i can see that point too

KD's rings w the warriors look funny in the light. just like lebron in MIA. if KD goes to another team and wins rings, all will be forgiven, just like lebron coming back to cleveland

i aint fckn w none of them mid western states, ever. unless the money is right, which it likely won't be. dubs players can dream, legitimately, about investing and becoming billionaires in the bay. that aint happening on any other team
One of the biggest arguments is that oh he went to a team that was 73-9. Yeah but they lost in the finals. That record, which is historic, means nothing if you didn't win it all. So I don't understand the argument. GSW noticed they needed an extra piece, KD wanted to get away from Westbrick; it all worked out. I hope he stays with GSW for the duration of his career. People take sports too serious. Way too emotional.

Lebrons downfall was doing the decision and that not one, not two bs. Had he made an announcement like a normal human he would have been ok.

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
One of the biggest arguments is that oh he went to a team that was 73-9. Yeah but they lost in the finals. That record, which is historic, means nothing if you didn't win it all. So I don't understand the argument. GSW noticed they needed an extra piece, KD wanted to get away from Westbrick; it all worked out. I hope he stays with GSW for the duration of his career. People take sports too serious. Way too emotional.

Lebrons downfall was doing the decision and that not one, not two bs. Had he made an announcement like a normal human he would have been ok.
it wasn't just because KD joined the 73-9 dubs, it's because that same dubs team beat OKC in the western conference finals. the dubs came back from a 3-1 deficit to beat OKC too. so kd just joined a team that whooped his ass

there's talk about lebron talking w the warriors over the summer in regards to free agency. if he happened to join, creating a super super team, the chips that were won wouldn't shine as bright as the one he brought to CLE. just facts

if lebron leaves CLE again, i just hope CLE fans are wearing his jersey when they burn it lol

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
it wasn't just because KD joined the 73-9 dubs, it's because that same dubs team beat OKC in the western conference finals. the dubs came back from a 3-1 deficit to beat OKC too. so kd just joined a team that whooped his ass

there's talk about lebron talking w the warriors over the summer in regards to free agency. if he happened to join, creating a super super team, the chips that were won wouldn't shine as bright as the one he brought to CLE. just facts

if lebron leaves CLE again, i just hope CLE fans are wearing his jersey when they burn it lol
What if kd had already decided hed be going before that even happened tho

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California

That's the same narrative that espn and other media outlets have spun to death. The can't beat em join em excuse. What if he went to GSW because he liked the organizational culture? The comraderie amongst teammates? There were rumblings KD was leaving earlier in that season. Like Chree @Chree said maybe he was planning on going there anyway.

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
What if kd had already decided hed be going before that even happened tho
That's the same narrative that espn and other media outlets have spun to death. The can't beat em join em excuse. What if he went to GSW because he liked the organizational culture? The comraderie amongst teammates? There were rumblings KD was leaving earlier in that season. Like Chree @Chree said maybe he was planning on going there anyway.
whether he decided before or after the wcf, he still joined a conference rival. not just any conference rival, but a historically great conference rival.

he's never going to be able to get that off his record. that's why, when the dubs won the first chip w him, you heard his mom trying to reassure him that he made the right choice, that he did it 'his way'. same reason kd got an IG burner account to argue in the comments. chit burns at him. he knows.

i can't stand espn and haven't watched stephen a or other espn hot take guys in years. i'll admit to watching chris broussard from fox on you tube from time to time. but let's take the media out of it for a second

these chips kd gets w the dubs will always have that mark. same w the dubs 'first' chip in 2015 - they glided thru because all (or almost all) the teams they faced had injuries to their starting pg. that's why lebron will never shake the stigma of shrinking in the finals versus dallas. that's why steph curry's game is always downplayed because of the perception that he's a defensive liability.

guys (or teams) that are even in the discussion of being god tier will be nit picked to death. everything counts. that's just part of success in sports.

that's why, as great as cp0 supposedly is, you NEVER hear comparisons to magic or even isaiah. no rings, so it's stockton (lower level all time greats). despite bill russell having eleven fucking rings, he's not god tier because of the era he played in (buncha white dudes that wouldn't have even sniffed the d-league in the current era)

when you are in the discussion of god tier (jordan, kareem) then every small fucking detail counts.

so kd's achievements won't be discussed, in basketball circles, simply in terms of 'two chips, two finals mvps'. these achievements will be put into context, which will remove him from god tier discussion.

at the end of the day, the dubs are finally relevant. so i'm good w it.

Jan 18, 2006
So Green says he won't take a discount signing next contract. There's talk for some reason of klay and Green getting traded for AD. Klay is the one that's willing to take the discount so there's no reason to trade him and hes fine as the 3rd option. Green ain't safe though. Hes not worth the max, he can be replaced via trade

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
If Green either wins MVP, DPOY, or makes an NBA all team next season he's eligible for $45 million a year Supermax. If he doesn't win one of those, he's still gonna push for a $36 million a year Max.

I read for us to keep him at those rates and also keep KD, Steph, and Klay the Warriors would have to pay $120 million fine per season because of being repeat luxury tax offenders. KD, Steph, Klay, and Draymond alone would be over the salary cap without signing anyone else.

It would suck to see Klay and Draymond go, but if we could get AD in their place and not have salary cap troubles, that might be the only way to go.

I get it for Draymond to go after that money though, he already left $12 million on the table in his last contract. He already sacrificed so other people can get paid. No reason to leave money on the table again.

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
Not gonna lie, if Klay and Dray get traded... I don't think I'll be as optimistic a fan as I am now.

Those two are pretty much the reason why I back this team as tough as I do. KD obviously put's them over the edge, Steph is the greatest shooter in the world and still stands as a future MVP candidate, but Dray's the unsung heartbeat and overall foundation of this team and Klay's one of the greatest shooting two-way guards of all-time, both of which have yet to reach their primes.

AD's developing into one of the most versatile big's this league has seen and has yet to really tap in to his personal potential but as good a fit as he'd be in our system with his style of play, he ain't worth disbanding our original draftee's in Klay and Dray... IDGAF what anybody says it just won't be the same regardless of the unforeseen benefits involved.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
he ain't worth disbanding our original draftee's in Klay and Dray... IDGAF what anybody says it just won't be the same regardless of the unforeseen benefits involved.
It's not really about the benefits, they literally can't re-sign all of them on max deals. It would cost the Warriors over a billion dollars in luxury taxes over the course of the next 6 years to keep everyone. Our big 4 would be over the salary cap before we even sign another player and luxury taxes multiply every year you're over for repeat offenders.

I would rather have Klay and Draymond over AD also. But if we can't have them, then AD is definitely a great replacement. The great thing about AD is, he's still on his old contract which pays like 10 million under max and 20 million under supermax. If we got AD that leaves up room to get great roleplayers and by the time his current contract is up then we'll have his Bird rights and would still be able to keep him, Steph, and KD.

Klay and Draymond have already given me so much as a fan, I really don't want to see them take massive pay cuts again solely to continue entertaining me. These dudes earned their bread, but unfortunately the Warriors won't be able to pay what they're worth.

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
Not gonna lie, if Klay and Dray get traded... I don't think I'll be as optimistic a fan as I am now.

Those two are pretty much the reason why I back this team as tough as I do. KD obviously put's them over the edge, Steph is the greatest shooter in the world and still stands as a future MVP candidate, but Dray's the unsung heartbeat and overall foundation of this team and Klay's one of the greatest shooting two-way guards of all-time, both of which have yet to reach their primes.

AD's developing into one of the most versatile big's this league has seen and has yet to really tap in to his personal potential but as good a fit as he'd be in our system with his style of play, he ain't worth disbanding our original draftee's in Klay and Dray... IDGAF what anybody says it just won't be the same regardless of the unforeseen benefits involved.

AD is a BEAST and would keep us in chip contention for years to come. plus his contract is good based on his skill level

i'd rather keep klay and say peace to dray. i've said it before: the dubs are the perfect team for a guy like draymon. i don't think he'd be this level of player if he was drafted by any other team. now he got that championship pedigree and could gain some interest in free agency next year.

and they also need to get their money. i mean, we're talking about billionaire owners here, why are we trying to save them a dollar? these guys are opening a new sf arena and need a strong dubs team to keep that draw. so use that as leverage and get paid

if players leave money on the table (for their nba contract) they won't get that back, ever. the team owners will eventually cash out on their investment. so fuck em make them pay