The Official Golden State Warriors Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
you keep talking about shit like "respect" and "legacy" which is all subjective

I'm talking about talent on a basketball court

You're bringing up shit constantly that I'm not talking about in any way, shape, or form.

Subjective shit like legacy and respect have nothing to do with talent on a court. I have no idea how you don't understand this lol
talent is undeniable. all time great talent? things like 'respect' and 'legacy' come into play when you talk about all time anything.

if you dont have the respect of players (past and present) how can one be considered an all time great?

that chit burns at kd too. prolly why he had a burner acct defending himself in instagram comments lol

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
This dude seriously just said Magic Johnson was better than Lebron James. I don't think I can actually keep discussing with you at this point lol
naw it's funny that you have kobe and hakeem over magic fucking johnson

parity was greater in the 80s than it was in bill Russell's era, that's why russell isn't on anyone's top five despite the chips

and lebreezy's career isn't over yet, so I wouldn't put him on an all time great list at all quite yet

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
naw it's funny that you have kobe and hakeem over magic fucking johnson

parity was greater in the 80s than it was in bill Russell's era, that's why russell isn't on anyone's top five despite the chips

and lebreezy's career isn't over yet, so I wouldn't put him on an all time great list at all quite yet
Magic Johnson has Kobe over Magic Johnson. Magic's own words are "Kobe is the greatest Laker of all time".

Hakeem is easily the most dominant center of the 80's and 90's, spent his career dominating guys like Ewing, Robinson, Shaq etc. Carried a team of role players to a championship and added a way past his prime Drexler the next year and won back to back. Hakeem won championships with less than any other great. The best player on his first championship team beside him was fucking Otis Thorpe lol

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
Magic Johnson has Kobe over Magic Johnson. Magic's own words are "Kobe is the greatest Laker of all time".

Hakeem is easily the most dominant center of the 80's and 90's, spent his career dominating guys like Ewing, Robinson, Shaq etc. Carried a team of role players to a championship and added a way past his prime Drexler the next year and won back to back. Hakeem won championships with less than any other great. The best player on his first championship team beside him was fucking Otis Thorpe lol
yeah, magic also said lonzo fucking ball was the next magic johnson. so let's not take everything he says as gospel lol

and hakeem won when jordan sat out a season and a half. jordan only returned mid way through that second season

it's like you barely scratch the surface in your perspective, none of the things you talk about are placed in proper context.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
yeah, magic also said lonzo fucking ball was the next magic johnson. so let's not take everything he says as gospel lol

and hakeem won when jordan sat out a season and a half. jordan only returned mid way through that second season

it's like you barely scratch the surface in your perspective, none of the things you talk about are placed in proper context.
Hakeem with role players swept Shaq, Penny Hardaway, and Horace Grant in the NBA Finals right after that same squad knocked Jordan and Pippen's Bulls out of the playoffs.....what a bum that Hakeem is right?

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
Hakeem with role players swept Shaq, Penny Hardaway, and Horace Grant in the NBA Finals right after that same squad knocked Jordan and Pippen's Bulls out of the playoffs.....what a bum that Hakeem is right?
so you consider Clyde Drexler a role player on that team? lol

you're all over the place man

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
magic's not top five because of parity. but kareem is top two (even tho he pre-dated magic, and played w even less league parity)

then hakeem is top five because of two chips, because he led all role players to a back to back. except drexler was on the team that second time (only a role player tho), and jordan was out for a majority of those two seasons.

and the rockets didn't sniff chips again once jordan got back into his groove

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
it's ok to be a casual fan. you can't discuss achievements without context. I mean, you can, but it's just a meaningless conversation, really tho

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
it's ok to be a casual fan. you can't discuss achievements without context. I mean, you can, but it's just a meaningless conversation, really tho
lol I was actually going to respond to your last posts, but the fact you gotta try and divert with trollish "casual fan" bullshit, rather than make valid points, I'll pass. I've yet to see any single valid point coming from your end, you've only tried to make excuses against mine.

I actually watched the sport in the 80's and 90's, did you?

There's a reason the argument is always Jordan vs. Lebron vs. Kobe with Magic nowhere to be found in the discussion. You're the only one talking about Magic bruh. Are you sure you ain't the casual fan?

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
except you smugly responded with this:

This dude seriously just said Magic Johnson was better than Lebron James. I don't think I can actually keep discussing with you at this point lol
so i thought i'd return the favor lol

we're only talking about magic now because of your flawed list

my only point w KD was putting his achievements into context, instead of just listing 'two time champ, two time finals mvp' and thinking that's enough. history will judge by context. as it does w jordan, lebron, etc. (btw, it's jordan IMO)

lol at taking offense to being called a casual, trying to dismiss it, then ask me how long i've been a fan of the game, nice

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
just cuz i'm a dubs fan doesn't mean i can't judge KD, i didn't get none of that contract lol
I think kd went to the warriors to not only win a ring but to stick it to Westbrook. Also, these owners show no loyalty to them so why should they do the same. Westbrook has and will always be a loose cannon. I'm not mad at his decision no matter what the media narrative is.
Ive been watching basketball since the Showtime lakers and the Celtics in the 80s. I get it that it speaks volumes when a player stays on the same team. History has a funny way or revising itself and when KD enters the hall of fame, all will be forgotten.
Instead of sticking it out in Cleveland, LeBron colluded with Wade and Bosh to win not one, not two, not three... Everyone loathed him. He goes back to Cleveland and the media narrative changes, all is forgiven. Stephen A lead the media charge when KD went to the warriors, saying its a weak move. Also who the hell wants to live in OKC? You been there? Probably got turned out when he went to the bay lol