Official Golden State Warriors Offseason Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2006
Here's What I think the warriors need to do in the offseason:

1. Sign Monta Ellis and Beidrins to Contract extensions

2. at least attempt to sign Baron to a contract extension

3. sign and trade Pietrus

4. either draft, trade or sign a big man who can rebound and defend in the post.

5. get a veteran backup point guard

Dec 4, 2005
the j-rich tpe should be used to cover 1 & 2. (still not enough though)
3. i think pietrus wants to stay, and as long as he plays like he did during the last month or 2 during the season i wouldnt mind him staying
4. we'll get lucky and get the number 1 pick and draft beasley
5. ask again in a couple years when CJ watson is vet

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
I dont think this thread is needed, we can just talk about it in the current GSW thread.. keep the forum uncluttered, ya know?

Jan 18, 2006
yeah the other threads need to just die, everyone post in here after everyone vents about there frustrations of the Warriors not making the playoffs. IF BD DOESNT RESIGN WE WONT NEED A VETERAN BACKUP WE'LL NEED A VETERAN STARTER. I SAY KEEP PIETRIS AS LONG AS THEY DONT OVER PAY HIM BUT I DONT THINK THEY WILL OVER PAY HIM. WE NEED TO PICK UP SOMEONE THAT CAN SHOOT ALONG WITH A BIG MAN, J-RICH WAS OUR MOST HIGH PERCENTAGE SHOOTER IT SEEMED AND OBVIOUSLY THERE WERE ONLY A FEW GAMES THIS YEAR THAT WE SHOT GREAT AS A TEAM.

Mar 10, 2007
Report: Nelson says sitting Davis was reaction to poor play

It's a question that's perplexing Golden State Warriors fans: Why did coach Don Nelson sit Baron Davis for the second half of a game the Warriors needed to win to stay alive in the Western Conference race -- a game Golden State lost, eliminating the team from the playoffs?

[+] Enlarge
Baron Davis and Don Nelson

AP Photo/David Zalubowski

Warriors coach Don Nelson (right) says he doesn't have a problem with Baron Davis, even after benching him during Monday's loss, which eliminated Golden State from the playoffs.
Nelson said the explanation was "real simple," according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

"He was having a bad game. He was terrible," Nelson said of Davis, according to the Chronicle. "He was the worst player on the floor, and I told him to take the second half off. He was 2-for-13, we were down 14 points. "I said, 'Hey, let's relax and play some young guys.'"

The Warriors, down 71-57 to the Suns at halftime on Monday, stormed back with a 38-19 third quarter to take the lead with Davis on the bench. But they could not hold on down the stretch as the Suns won 122-116, assuring there won't be a repeat of Golden State's stunning series win as a No. 8 seed in this year's playoffs.

Davis, for his part, has said very little about his benching in the second half. "Ain't your story" is all he said to reporters after the game, and in a blog entry on his Web site, he offered little more insight.

"I hate losing," Davis wrote. "I play this game to win, and it's even harder when I feel like I wasn't able to help my team do that."

But Nelson said there's not a personal rift between himself and Davis, despite the benching.

"There's no problem between Baron and [me]," Nelson said, according to the report. "He's probably upset because he played terrible."

Davis' agent, however, is still looking for answers.

"The same questions that you have are the same questions that I have," Ramasar said Tuesday, according to the Chronicle."Why wasn't Baron on the floor? Was there an injury, argument, questions, whatever? I've asked the same things.

"There was no injury. Nothing was said. It was a coach's decision, which is odd ... with so much that hinged on [Monday] night's game," he said, according to the report. "Obviously, [Baron] wanted to be in there playing. He's asking himself why he wasn't in the game. But it was a coach's decision."

Davis can opt out of the final year of his contract, which would pay him $17.2 million. But Ramasar said that is unlikely, because there are no teams with enough salary cap room to pay Davis that kind of money.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3349322

Jan 18, 2006
Wow Baron is suppose to make 17.2 mil next year, i hope we can trade him for real. Im sorry thats to much money for a point guard.

Apr 25, 2002
"Mully speaks, Baron doesn't, and more from Nellie
From Janny Hu.

(Oops, sorry. Should say below that Mully sees his rookies having the potential to be a part of the rotation next season. Nellie was stronger on the subject.)

Lots going on at shootaround today. Nellie basically repeated what he told me yesterday about benching Baron in Monday's game: There's no rift, Baron was awful, so he just told BD to take the second half off.

Still no response from Baron, who again brushed off reporters (as nicely as he could, I suppose) and said he'll talk after tonight's game against the Sonics.

Most intriguing stuff came from Chris Mullin, much of which will be in tomorrow and Friday's paper, but the main highlights:

He expects Nellie and Baron to be back next year.

He says he's re-signing Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrins -- at whatever cost.

He's happy with how the rookies developed despite not playing much this year, and sees them as part of the rotation next season.
"

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/warriors/detail?&entry_id=25749

Apr 25, 2002
Glad to see Mullin is dedicated to these young guys. We need to keep Monta at whatever cost. Hopefully teams wont even bother to make any offers now.

Aug 7, 2003
the TPE aka Trade Player Exemption can only be used to take on incoming salary from a player you traded for. its not a $10 million dollar discount on whatever you wanna buy in the league. it only works if you take on a large contract from a trade. most likely that will expire unless baron is about to opt out and we have to do a sign and trade.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
^yup. biedrins is 21
But biedrins need to be traded....Please dont lock this dude up for long....We need a big time defensive post playing center.....not some tall lanky, no jump shot, free throw fuckin up biedrins....Get him outta here....and get zach randolph....

Feb 14, 2006
But biedrins need to be traded....Please dont lock this dude up for long....We need a big time defensive post playing center.....not some tall lanky, no jump shot, free throw fuckin up biedrins....Get him outta here....and get zach randolph....
are you outta your mind? Players like Biedrins dont come along often. We need a big time defensive post player AND biedrins for next season.