Official 2015 Raiders Offseason Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

troythemac

Deep Slumps
Feb 13, 2013
NFL.com's projected Raiders starters as of right now. I think Clive Walford might end up starting over Rivera at TE by the time the season rolls around.

Projected 2015 starters: Oakland Raiders - NFL.com

QB Derek Carr DE Justin Tuck
RB Latavius Murray DT Justin Ellis
FB Marcel Reece DT Dan Williams
WR1 Amari Cooper DE Mario Edwards Jr.
WR2 Michael Crabtree OLB Khalil Mack
TE Mychal Rivera MLB Curtis Lofton
LT Donald Penn OLB Sio Moore
LG Gabe Jackson CB1 D.J. Hayden
C Rodney Hudson CB2 T.J. Carrie
RG Jon Feliciano SS Charles Woodson
RT Austin Howard FS Nate Allen
is this the year they finally cut/give up on ausberry? been waiting for that guy to get healthy for like his entire god damn career

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
NFL.com's projected Raiders starters as of right now. I think Clive Walford might end up starting over Rivera at TE by the time the season rolls around.

Projected 2015 starters: Oakland Raiders - NFL.com

QB Derek Carr DE Justin Tuck
RB Latavius Murray DT Justin Ellis
FB Marcel Reece DT Dan Williams
WR1 Amari Cooper DE Mario Edwards Jr.
WR2 Michael Crabtree OLB Khalil Mack
TE Mychal Rivera MLB Curtis Lofton
LT Donald Penn OLB Sio Moore
LG Gabe Jackson CB1 D.J. Hayden
C Rodney Hudson CB2 T.J. Carrie
RG Jon Feliciano SS Charles Woodson
RT Austin Howard FS Nate Allen
man the squad is way improved.

Jun 23, 2005
Rt, rg, c, wr, rb, dt, de, mlb aré all definite upgrades. CB should be an upgrade but we have to see if the teonyoungs guys can stay healthy and compete all year. Nate Allen is a question since i don't know much about him but the Eagles d sucked and their fans hated him and said he sucked so who knows

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
There's rumors the other NFL owners are wanting to push out Mark Davis and get him to sell the team because he's broke.

I mentioned that in another discussion a few months ago about the stadium issue about Mark Davis being broke and the fact he has to completely rely on other people for a stadium isn't a good sign for the Raiders staying in Oakland and people thought I was dumb lol from what I've read his entire net worth IS the Raiders, he basically has no money outside of the team.

Report: Some NFL Owners Want Mark Davis To Sell The Raiders | raidersbeat

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Thats still roughly 800 mill. Must be rough havin no money like that...
If the 800 mill is tied up though and he can't even put a penny of his own in to a new stadium, I can see why other owners would be concerned.

For example, Jerry Jones paid $650,000,000 of the 1.2 billion his stadium cost to build.

Stan Kroenke of the Rams is funding the proposed stadium in Inglewood.

Your own squad even put up $200,000,000 for the 1.2 billion for Levi's Stadium.

For me as a life long Raiders fan it sucks having to rely on other people for my team to not have to play in the most worn down stadium in professional sports.

Mark Davis has the lowest net worth in the NFL and the Raiders play in the poorest economical city out of every NFL team, it's a shitty situation. Unlike other owner's who's majority net worth sit with their team, they have the luxury of cities willing to put up the money, the Raiders don't have that with Oakland.

I just hope Mark Davis gets bailed out by somebody, even if it involves sharing the Carson stadium with the Chargers. I don't want to see somebody else own the team, cause dude actually lives and breathes Raider football and this team, don't want to see him get pushed out like the Dodgers owner a few years ago because of financial issues.

Feb 8, 2006
If the 800 mill is tied up though and he can't even put a penny of his own in to a new stadium, I can see why other owners would be concerned.

For example, Jerry Jones paid $650,000,000 of the 1.2 billion his stadium cost to build.

Stan Kroenke of the Rams is funding the proposed stadium in Inglewood.

Your own squad even put up $200,000,000 for the 1.2 billion for Levi's Stadium.

For me as a life long Raiders fan it sucks having to rely on other people for my team to not have to play in the most worn down stadium in professional sports.

Mark Davis has the lowest net worth in the NFL and the Raiders play in the poorest economical city out of every NFL team, it's a shitty situation. Unlike other owner's who's majority net worth sit with their team, they have the luxury of cities willing to put up the money, the Raiders don't have that with Oakland.

I just hope Mark Davis gets bailed out by somebody, even if it involves sharing the Carson stadium with the Chargers. I don't want to see somebody else own the team, cause dude actually lives and breathes Raider football and this team, don't want to see him get pushed out like the Dodgers owner a few years ago because of financial issues.
most other owners own or started big corporations and have access to huge lines of credit I assume

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
its all bad for this team to get a new place built, but it needs to start happen soon, because if not we've seen the last of the Oakland name before the Raiders

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Im sure Mark Davis has a huge line of credit as well. He does 800 mill worth of collateral. Just does he wanna put it up?
Makes you wonder why he doesn't use it then considering the whole stadium mess at the moment.

I don't see mark spending anywhere from 10-40 million to upgrade the practice facilities in alameda if he plans to move this team or is cash strapped
It's great he's upgrading the team facilities, one of the major knocks and one of the reasons why players haven't wanted to play in Oakland for a long time was because of the raggity facilities, they're trying to change the culture of the team. Spending $10 million to upgrade facilities to get players to want to actually play for you compared to dropping $200,000,000 on a stadium isn't really a good argument for his financial stability in running an NFL team. The future of the Raiders pretty much lies with getting a new stadium, if they can't secure one with outside financial help Mark is screwed, guarantee the NFL won't let them continue to sign 1 or 2 year leases at the Coliseum anymore.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
Or he hes sayin all the right things about wantin to stay in oakland to season ticket holders, all the while really wantin to move somewhere where it will be a private funded stadium like he has right now in oakland but a much better facility.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Just read if the Raiders and Chargers end up sharing the stadium in Carson, the Chargers will be moving to the NFC West and the Cardinals will be taking their place in the AFC West lol sorry Charger fans.

lol that would be kind of dope for me cause I'm guaranteed a Raider game here in Phoenix every year and Carson is only like 5 hours from me so I can hit a couple other home games every year. I feel greedy cause I know it would suck for the bay brehs if they left.

Props: Defy and Defy
Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
yeah looks like the raiders will be leaving didn't know tax payers were still footing the bill for improvements done to the stadium till 2026

Oakland mayor opposes spending tax dollars to keep the Raiders

If the Raiders are going to stay in Oakland, they’re going to have to find a way to do it without any money from the city taxpayers.

That’s the word from Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf, who says she would not support spending any public funds on a new stadium.

Schaaf noted that taxpayers are already on the hook for millions of dollars a year in debt from previous renovations on the Oakland Coliseum. That debt won’t be paid off until 2026, and the city has no interest in spending more money on a new stadium while it’s still paying off the old stadium.

“That money we’re paying now is general-fund money we could spend on police, parks or libraries,” she said.

Whether the Raiders move to Los Angeles remains to be seen, but if they’re getting a new stadium somewhere, it won’t be in Oakland.

Oakland mayor opposes spending tax dollars to keep the Raiders | ProFootballTalk