Official 2014 Raiders Season Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
Every year you guys think the Raiders are gonna do something.. Shit, I even thought they'd go 8-8.. You're right, I was being delusional just like you guys...
Worry about beating Seattle instead of the how the Raiders are 0-2 or even better figure out why Kap threw 4 INT's

anyways i expected a lot better from our defense but yeah i was let the fuck down, Woodson is right we suck, and our team is just sorry but I'm hopeful we can beat the new england but i doubt it, maybe we can win in London, but DA is done after this year, we need a younger coach from College, maybe we can grab Stanfords Coach, and we need to get rid of our Rb's and we need to build through the draft like other team's do...

Jun 23, 2005
Your a smart man Rossi.

The raiders were 8-8 two consecutive seasons, and Dennis Allen hasn't even been able to surpass those wine totals in 34 games. He is 8-26 with 8 games losing streak dating to last year. This team looked bad against the jets, and absolutely horrible against the texans. These were supposed to be the two easiest games on our schedule and we've been destroyed.

Murray must be in the dog house cuz he only got 1 fuckin carry when McFadden wasn't doing much. He might be the future RB on this team but we are giving McFadden more carries for what!?!?

And the horrid defensive line can get no pressure on the teams.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Dennis Allen gotta go, but I don't see how a mid season firing is gonna do anything except make Mark Davis feel like he actually did something....Really, I just want this to be a long ass preseason for Carr so he gets used to reading defenses and making good progressions....

I for one don't really want some random coach from college, I want someone who's going to want to win and push the players to want to win too....think about it, aside from rookies when they first sign when was the last time you heard a Raider player excited about....well....anything? I just hope Carr keeps the same attitude he has now and doesn't get into that "sunday is just a paycheck" mentality that the rest of the organization has

Oct 3, 2006
Dennis Allen gotta go, but I don't see how a mid season firing is gonna do anything except make Mark Davis feel like he actually did something....Really, I just want this to be a long ass preseason for Carr so he gets used to reading defenses and making good progressions....

I for one don't really want some random coach from college, I want someone who's going to want to win and push the players to want to win too....think about it, aside from rookies when they first sign when was the last time you heard a Raider player excited about....well....anything? I just hope Carr keeps the same attitude he has now and doesn't get into that "sunday is just a paycheck" mentality that the rest of the organization has
He won't. Carr is a really humble and unselfish dude, bar none.

Props: :ab: and :ab:

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
im on board for the sparano idea. I dont think its gonna change a whole lot, but dennis allen doesnt deserve to be standing on the sidelines any longer.

honestly, I blame reggie. Hoped for the best and try to stay positive when he hired these coaches, but he went about it all wrong. Why hire a first year head coach and a first year defensive coordinator in the same season?

when you hire a head coach whose never been a head coach, you gotta have at least one experienced and successful coach so all the pressure isnt on him.

Like when gruden was brought in the great willie shaw was the defense coordinator and gruden didnt have to worry once about the defence.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Dennis Allen needs to be let go. If he's here passed the bye week, I'll be very surprised. But don't think firing Allen will somehow spur us onto the fast track to winning, NFL teams that fire head coaches mid season only improve their wins by .06℅. DA should be fired and Sparano should replace him this season. Then by next season we need to either somehow convince Gruden to come back, or come up with someone else. Because the success rate is much higher for teams that fire their head coach, finish the season with an interim, and then start with a new head coach the next season.

If Gruden can't be convinced back, I've heard asking Hue Jackson back, which I don't think is the worst idea. And I like the idea of brining in Romanowski, if not as a coach or assistant, at least to come in and scream at the defense once a week, lol.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
not sure what it would take to get gruden out of his tv contracts, or if he even can. That would be awesome though, I think everyone here wants him back

I think hue is done with the organization. I feel like hes the type of dude that would hold a grudge

Jun 23, 2005
I doubt Reggie(if he is here making the calls) would ever go with hue. He would look absolutely foolish doing so.

And gruden would want way too much power to come here. This wasn't an attractive spot when DA came here, and it's not much more attractive now. I hope Reggie gets 1 more coach and 2 more years to see what he can do as the GM.

He really hit with this draft, all first 3 picks are starting. Rivera looks solid and sio moore looks like a stud also from past draft. If Hayden can stay healthy I'm liking his upside and menelik should be decent.

Jan 18, 2006
Agreed, we were doomed with our difficult shedule this year anyways. Need to get a high draft pick and improve that o-line this offseason and the Raiders will be in good shape going into next season