THE OFFICIAL 2014-2015 NBA THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
D Rose on suicide watch i am sure. this is all bad

Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose will undergo surgery to repair torn meniscus; timetable uncertain - ESPN Chicago

Derrick Rose to have knee repaired

CHICAGO -- Bulls guard Derrick Rose has a torn meniscus in his right knee and will undergo surgery, the team said Tuesday.

After Climbing High, Rose Has Fallen Hard

Since his MVP 2010-11, when he played in nearly every game, Derrick Rose has struggled to stay on the court and when playing has seen a dip in results:
2010-11 Since then
Pct of games 99% 33%
PPG 25.0 19.5
APG 7.7 6.1
PER 23.5 18.5

Rose reported earlier in the day with right knee pain. An exam and subsequent MRI confirmed the tear.

A timetable for Rose's return will be determined once he has surgery, the team said. The Bulls and Rose decided to fix the meniscus tear instead of cutting the damaged part out in order to elongate Rose's career.

The general feeling within the organization from several team personnel on Tuesday night was one of disbelief and sadness after all the rehab work Rose put in over the last two and a half seasons.

The torn meniscus is the same injury he sustained in Nov. 23, 2013 against the Portland Trail Blazers.

Rose tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in Game 1 of the 2012 playoffs against Philadelphia.

More from ESPN.com

Derrick Rose's latest knee injury seems unreal, and that kind of bad luck shouldn't come with the territory for any athlete, Jon Greenberg writes. Story

Kevin Pelton examines how much the loss of Derrick Rose to another knee surgery will hurt the Bulls' chances. Insider Story

ESPN's Stats & Information takes a look at the statistical impact of Derrick Rose's injury, both to him and to the Bulls. Story

SportsNation: NBA players react

The 2011 NBA MVP then missed the entire next season and played in only 10 games before the previous right knee injury shelved him for the rest of last season.

This season, Rose was scratched for one game last month for soreness in his left knee and missed four games in November with a hamstring injury.

It's unclear when Rose re-injured the knee. He appeared to be rounding into form last month, averaging 22.6 points over his final 14 games before the All-Star break, but he had struggled since returning to the court after the time off.

Rose had eight points on 1-for-13 shooting while playing almost 33 minutes in Monday night's 87-71 victory over Milwaukee. He averaged 10.7 points on 23.5 percent shooting in Chicago's first three games after the break.

It's quite a blow for the surging Bulls, who have won six of seven and appeared to be picking up steam after a tough stretch.

Rose, 26, is averaging 18.4 points and 5.0 assists in 46 games this season.

Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James was one of many players reacting to the news on Twitter late Tuesday.

Man feel bad for D.Rose! Keep your head up homie and stay strong G!
— LeBron James (@KingJames) February 25, 2015

Feb 10, 2006
He just needs to enter A) Retire and be a color commentator or NBA Analyst, this succs for D Rose, always been a fan of the way he plays. Dude is fuccin fearless coming down the lanes.

Feb 10, 2006
Suns new Jersey's will be worn tonight against OKC, pretty dope, but they need to go to their old format(NBA does) these sleeved up jerseys are hella gay.

Feb 10, 2006
Hell yeah, big win for the Suns last night. Finally a game that went their way in the final minutes. Lets get a streak going now! Tomorrow is another big test in the Spurs, the suns beat them early in the year at home already but that was then, but the Spurs are slumping right now and the Suns always show up @ home.
Gueroloco @Gueroloco , what cha think mayne?

Apr 20, 2003
Hell yeah, big win for the Suns last night. Finally a game that went their way in the final minutes. Lets get a streak going now! Tomorrow is another big test in the Spurs, the suns beat them early in the year at home already but that was then, but the Spurs are slumping right now and the Suns always show up @ home.

Gueroloco @Gueroloco , what cha think mayne?
We have been playin shitty on this Rodeo Road Trip so far breh, breh,.... TP hasnt been playing up to par after his calf injury. We just look gassed from what I've been seeing this season nor do we seem to have that hunger after winning it all the year before. I can see you guys getting us if they continue to play like they have so far plus you guys have the home court so I would not be the least surprised seeing what I've been seeing from the Spurs as of late.

Feb 10, 2006
Spurs have always been a second half squad but yea they're looking pretty gassed at this point, your young guys need to step up big time but ill never count out SA. Hopefully my suns can amount their young energy guys and make a push for the post season. I like the intake you said tho. Agree 100%

Apr 20, 2003
Yea we're pretty weak sauce away this year, that facet of the game has been a bright spot in years past. This year they're also not dominating teams like they use to nor are draining 3's at a high percentage. We've lost to teams who havent played well, we'd normally beat those squads but this year obviously both side of the court has been lacking, especially defense cuz that was one of the Spurs strengths and what they were known for. Our dynasty is pretty much coming close to an end, hopefully they can shape up and maybe make one more run at it cuz if they continue to play like this they might be one and done in the 1st round if they make it cuz its going to be a tough road in the West. 9 or 10 teams in the West can give each other a run on any given night, its going to make the playoffs VERY entertaining as a NBA fan!

Feb 10, 2006
Anthony Mason dies at age of 48

DAMN R.I.P.

Anthony Mason, a longtime NBA player who helped the New York Knicks reach the 1994 NBA Finals, has died at the age of 48.

A Knicks spokesperson confirmed to ESPN that Mason died early Saturday morning. The 13-year NBA veteran had been diagnosed with congestive heart failure earlier this month.

"First I want to thank all those who offered prayers and well-wishes for my Father, our family really appreciates it," his son, Anthony Mason Jr., said Saturday. "Overnight, New York City and the world lost a legend, a friend, a brother ... but more than anything our father, Anthony Mason. As you all would expect our father -- Big Mase -- put up an incredible fight, dealing with a severe heart issue. I'm wishing this was something else I was writing, but Pops we've got to let you know we love you and know you'll always be with us."

More from ESPN.com

Anthony Mason was from the big city, and he played a game that matched up with the best descriptions of his fellow New Yorkers, Ian O'Connor writes. Story

Mason's other son Antoine, a senior basketball player at Auburn, had said earlier this week that his father was "getting better" following multiple heart surgeries.

Mason's family released a statement Saturday morning, saying that he "fought like a warrior to the very end."

"We would like to thank everyone for their heartfelt thoughts and strong prayers," the statement said. "Anthony felt each and every one. He fought like a warrior to the very end. Please keep your prayers and thoughts with us through this very hard time -- it is a great loss for us. We ask for our privacy during this time."

Mason played for six teams but was best remembered for his five-year tenure with the Knicks. Mason's bruising, physical play epitomized then-coach Pat Riley's Knicks teams. The 6-foot-7 forward became a fan favorite for his physical play and also drew attention for the creative artwork and messages that he had carved in his hair cuts.

Mason teamed with Patrick Ewing, Charles Oakley and John Starks to help the Knicks win the Eastern Conference in 1994 and reach the NBA Finals, where they lost to the Houston Rockets in seven games.

"My heart is heavy after learning that we lost Anthony Mason last night," Ewing said in a statement. "We were teammates on the Knicks for five great seasons. Mase came to play every night and was always ready to go to battle with me every time we stepped on the court together.

"I will remember him for his strength, determination and perseverance. My thoughts are with his family. May he rest in peace."

Oakley took to Twitter to send his condolences.

Knicks president Phil Jackson, who coached against Mason during his time with the Chicago Bulls, also released a statement Saturday.

"As a competitor, there was none fiercer than Anthony Mason," Jackson said. "Standing on the opposite end of the playing field, coaching in those great Chicago/New York battles, No. 14 in Orange and Blue always stood out. On behalf of the entire Knickerbocker community, our condolences go out to his family."

Mason won the NBA's Sixth Man Award in 1994-95 as a member of the Knicks. He also played with the Charlotte Hornets, Milwaukee Bucks and Miami Heat following his stint with the Knicks.

"Anthony was a multifaceted individual," his longtime agent Don Cronson told ESPN.com's Ian O'Connor. "There were many aspects to his personality, and some that people weren't aware of. In the best sense of the term he was a momma's boy. From the day I met him he was always thinking of his mom and taking care of her. As rough and tough as he was, Anthony was also a doting father, and I saw that many times.

[+] EnlargeAnthony Mason

Brad Mangin/NBAE/Getty Images
Anthony Mason played parts of 13 seasons in the NBA and was a key member of the 1993-94 Knicks team that reached the NBA Finals.

"Anthony willed himself into the NBA, and very few players can do that. Any NBA team could've had him for a nickel, and he turned out to be the perfect Pat Riley player. I think Pat saw a lot of himself in Anthony, and really they were the same guy. That's why they butted heads as often as they did. They were both blue-collar guys and fighters. Anthony told me, 'Pat Riley was the one who gave me my chance. He's the one who saw something in me when nobody else did.'"

Mason was reunited with Riley later in his career while playing for Miami, where he was named to his one and only All-Star team in 2001.

Mason's career is a story of perseverance.

After playing high school basketball at Springfield Gardens in Queens and college basketball at Tennessee State University, Mason was selected in the third round of the 1988 NBA draft by the Portland Trail Blazers, who waived him shortly thereafter.

Mason then played in Turkey and Venezuela before joining the then-New Jersey Nets and Denver Nuggets for short stints. He also played in the USBL and CBA.

Mason found a permanent home with the Knicks in 1991 after receiving an invite to play on the organization's summer league team.

Riley appreciated Mason's intense, physical approach and kept him on the roster, beginning a run that would end with Mason leaving an indelible mark on the Knicks organization and its fan base.

"Anthony Mason exemplified perseverance for all players fighting for their chance in the NBA," NBA commissioner Adam Silver said. "NBA fans and players around the league admired his tenacity on defense and playmaking on offense."

Charles Oakley ✔ @CharlesOakley34
Follow
MY MAN MY MAN A. MASON R.I.P, WE GONNA MISS U BROTHER

Apr 20, 2003
Spurs BLASTED the Suns the other night lol I couldn't even watch that bullshit...
I was quite surprised with the 1st half output and keeping you guys to 24 points.... I didn't really expect a thrashing tho, kind of surprised me since they haven't been doing so great after the all star break

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
Good win for my Suns tonight, after being down by 15 late in the 4th they managed to get it into overtime and pull out the W. Even after shooting HORRIBLE from 3 tonight. Lets keep the positive going tomorrow when we face QUEEN JAMES.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Some random thoughts
I havent been this pumped for the playoffs in YEARS. great games thus far.
I knew Scott Brooks was going to get the ax. He will more than likely end up on my team, you heard it here first. He was too much of a player's coach. Westbrick was running wild, and Durant is too passive to check niggas. Will be interesting to see who they get. I heard Alvin Gentry, but thats not good enough imo.

Props: Mr G and Mr G

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Harden for sure. I would love for him to get snubbed so Curry gets the MVP since Draymond got snubbed for defensive player of the year.