The Official 2013 NBA Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
lol this would be the worst trade ever.

According to a league source, the Kings are proposing a package that would send point guard Isaiah Thomas, shooting guard Ben McLemore, veteran swingman Marcus Thornton, power forward Jason Thompson and two future first-round picks to the Celtics in exchange for Rondo.

First off, McLemore will be good. Super athletic and still figuring things out. Second, Isiah Thomas will be a top five point guard, and hes already a top ten talent. He can shoot 3's, score at the rim, shoot midrange, dish assists, and steal, and makes his free throws. A better talent at this point than Rondo. Thirdly, 2 first round picks as well, after the four players? Why?

I liked the Rudy Gay trade and even the Derrick Williams trade. I get that Sacramento is trying to change everything right now but this would gut the team, and the combo they're looking for in Rondo, Rudy Gay, and Cousins is not as enticing as the athetlic starting five they have right now, in Thomas, McLemore, Gay, Williams, and Cousins. As Grant Napear said a couple games ago, "This is the most athletic starting five the Kings have ever had." Why give that up for Rondo, who's been hurt and isnt going to get any better?

Feb 8, 2006
lol this would be the worst trade ever.

According to a league source, the Kings are proposing a package that would send point guard Isaiah Thomas, shooting guard Ben McLemore, veteran swingman Marcus Thornton, power forward Jason Thompson and two future first-round picks to the Celtics in exchange for Rondo.

First off, McLemore will be good. Super athletic and still figuring things out. Second, Isiah Thomas will be a top five point guard, and hes already a top ten talent. He can shoot 3's, score at the rim, shoot midrange, dish assists, and steal, and makes his free throws. A better talent at this point than Rondo. Thirdly, 2 first round picks as well, after the four players? Why?

I liked the Rudy Gay trade and even the Derrick Williams trade. I get that Sacramento is trying to change everything right now but this would gut the team, and the combo they're looking for in Rondo, Rudy Gay, and Cousins is not as enticing as the athetlic starting five they have right now, in Thomas, McLemore, Gay, Williams, and Cousins. As Grant Napear said a couple games ago, "This is the most athletic starting five the Kings have ever had." Why give that up for Rondo, who's been hurt and isnt going to get any better?
thats some of the best trade rape i have ever seen if they do it

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
^^^ok yes reaching, but he'd be about the tenth for sure with his ceiling. He has major upside if hes gonna get 40 minutes a game.

and this trade won't happen, but for speculation its bullshit

Last edited:

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Thomas is already better than Udrih and Calderon. Dragic is pretty good and only time will tell if Thomas holds up, so we'll see.

but hes averaging almost 18.8 points, 5 assists, 2.5 rebounds, 1.4 steals, while shooting 47% and 42% from 3 point land, while averaging 2.7 turnovers. I'd expect some of those numbers to improve, with the increased minutes, and the turnovers to go up too.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
thomas is already better than udrih. calderon too....maybe (debatable)

dragic? not sure about that one.

not sure if i could say thomas is (or has the potential to be) a top five active point guard in the league, though. he is a lot better than he gets credit for tho.

rondo sucks IMO, can't stand him. value inflated from playing w Celtic's big three. dude can't shoot a yumper for shit

Feb 8, 2006
lol
you're right but c'mon anthony davis and beal were his only comp for that award

he is on a short list of young guys you want with the ball in his hands for the last shot