**Oakland Raiders 2010 offseason Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I don't think Vick is gonna be that great... I never thought he was all that great to begin with

he hasn't proven shit for us to give up our number 1 pick from 2 years ago

and McFadden can be a very dangerous weapon... we just need to utilize him correctly... if we run him up the middle all day he's not gonna be productive... if we hit him with draw plays, screens, or even have him go out wide he can produce

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
I don't think Vick is gonna be that great... I never thought he was all that great to begin with

he hasn't proven shit for us to give up our number 1 pick from 2 years ago

and McFadden can be a very dangerous weapon... we just need to utilize him correctly... if we run him up the middle all day he's not gonna be productive... if we hit him with draw plays, screens, or even have him go out wide he can produce
We dont need Vick to come in and be GREAT in Oakland....We just need him to manage a game and not commit a shitload of turnovers........

And about Mcfadden being utilized correctly....That exactly what im saying.....I dont think we are doing that here in Oakland.....He will do damage in philly because they will utililze him correctly......Our backfield is way to damn crowded right now....Someone needs to go....We need a feature everydown back(which mcfadden can be if utilized right).....With someone who can change the pace here and their(which i think Bush is)...We didnt have a powerful running game like we were supposed to this year.......We really need to address this offensive line.......Cuz shit it dont really matter who we got running if we cant get a passing game going.......

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
We dont need Vick to come in and be GREAT in Oakland....We just need him to manage a game and not commit a shitload of turnovers........

And about Mcfadden being utilized correctly....That exactly what im saying.....I dont think we are doing that here in Oakland.....He will do damage in philly because they will utililze him correctly......Our backfield is way to damn crowded right now....Someone needs to go....We need a feature everydown back(which mcfadden can be if utilized right).....With someone who can change the pace here and their(which i think Bush is)...We didnt have a powerful running game like we were supposed to this year.......We really need to address this offensive line.......Cuz shit it dont really matter who we got running if we cant get a passing game going.......
I think Gradkowski can do that...

I'd rather resign Gradkowski and keep McFadden than trade McFadden for Vick

as far as our running game goes... Bush needs to be the premier RB in Oakland... if you look at the games where he gets a lot of carries he almost always tears it up... but McFadden gives our offense another aspect... which is why I'd like to keep him, I know we haven't been utilizing him correctly... but we CAN... that's up to the coaching staff to get their heads out of their asses and do something right... but we all know who that goes in Oakland

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
We need a damn offensive line......Then maybe we can talk about what skilled players we can add......Until then...It dosent really matter who we have.........

Jun 1, 2002
HOWARD IS TOO STRONG AT OLB TO MOVE. HOWARD IS A PHENOMENAL LB. SCOTT IS HAVING TOO MUCH SUCCESS AT WEAKSIDE TO MOVE HIM EITHER.

MORRISON WON'T BE A RAIDER NEXT SEASON. I'M SURE HE'LL DO BETTER SOMEWHERE ELSE ON A MORE COMPETITIVE TEAM WITH A COMPLEX DEFENSIVE SCHEME. THE RAIDERS PLAY TOO OUTDATED A SCHEME TO HAVE SLIGHTLY ABOVE AVERAGE STARTERS (LIKE MORRISON). WE NEED STARS AT DAMN NEAR EVERY POSITION TO MAKE THIS THING WORK.

Nov 12, 2002
www.MSMOfficial.com
I dont think the o-line is as bad as they look....Russell just can't get rid of tha ball...he was sacced almost three times as much as Frye and Gradkowski put together....

Defense wins championships....If Trent Dilfer can win a super bowl Bruce Gradkowski can...gotta fix tha D before anything else

Nov 12, 2002
www.MSMOfficial.com
Have to franchise Seymour....cant just let him walk when you give up a 1st Rd picc for him....

they'll probably take Morgan out of Ga Tech....although McClain declared for the draft so Im hoping we got that direction....

Mar 8, 2008
the verdict imo has not been made on Mcfadden, I said it was stupid as fuck when they drafted him but behind that shitty line most above average rb's will look wack. I will be disappointed if we get rid of Cable, ya he kept JR in there to long but when you invest so much money into someone you try to give that player some extra leeway. Dont get me started on how wack it is you have to pay unproven players so much money in the first place
do you really think it was Cable who let JR start for so long...?lol
any real Raider fan can tell you who really calls the shots and it aint a 350lb head coach.. until the cryptkeeper croaks the Raiders will be cursed..

Mar 8, 2008
I dont think the o-line is as bad as they look....Russell just can't get rid of tha ball...he was sacced almost three times as much as Frye and Gradkowski put together....

Defense wins championships....If Trent Dilfer can win a super bowl Bruce Gradkowski can...gotta fix tha D before anything else

real talk.. we all know how a good D can take down a good Offense.. we as Raider fans know all too well, remember the Bucs..?

build the Defense the offense will come.

Sep 24, 2006
i was thinking maybe the reason Al keeps pushing the meeting with cable back is because he hasnt found a replacement and dont wanna dude unless he know he got someone else to come in. whats ur thoughts?

Mar 8, 2008
i was thinking maybe the reason Al keeps pushing the meeting with cable back is because he hasnt found a replacement and dont wanna dude unless he know he got someone else to come in. whats ur thoughts?
could be.. theres really nobody thats going to jump at the chance to coach a team with so many problems. who would want to come to coach a team that doesnt give them the freedom or authority they need to become successful..?

Cable deserves 1 more year IMO.. if he had a healthy Gradkowski the whole season instead of acouple games, we wouldve been 7-9. maybe even 8-8..