**Oakland Raiders 2010 offseason Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2006
the verdict imo has not been made on Mcfadden, I said it was stupid as fuck when they drafted him but behind that shitty line most above average rb's will look wack. I will be disappointed if we get rid of Cable, ya he kept JR in there to long but when you invest so much money into someone you try to give that player some extra leeway. Dont get me started on how wack it is you have to pay unproven players so much money in the first place

Apr 25, 2002
KEEP CABLE-(I'VE ALREADY EXPLAINED WHY). BRING IN MARC TRESTMAN AS OC. TRADE DOWN WITH A TEAM WHO HAD A MID TO LATE 1ST OVERALL PICK. TAKE A RUN THUMPING MLB. LET MORRISON GO. (WE CAN TALK ABOUT THAT LATER). DRAFT O AND D LINEMAN WITH REMAINING PICKS. GRAB THE BEST VETERAN WIDEOUT AVAILABLE VIA FREE AGENCY. GRAB A GOOD VETERAN QB IN FREE AGENCY-LET HIM BATTLE IT OUT WITH GRAD. CUT RUSSELL AND CORNEL GREEN. RESIGN JANOKOWSKI. HIRE GM-(WON'T HAPPEN).
move morrison outside

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Yeah i like morrison....But he aint cutting it at middle...So giving him a shot at outside is a good idea.......Fuck drafting another RB if we dont invest in the O LINE.......

Dec 2, 2006
something i seen on a blog. makes sense...

Jim Fassel just won the UFL Championship with the Las Vegas franchise. He was also seen at the Raiders-Redskins game days before his UFL QB J.P. Losman was signed by the Raiders. Could Al already have Fassel lined up as the next HC of the Raiders? Could JaMarcus be meeting with Fassel right now to a) Set up an off-season workout plan, get a little mentoring and have a sit-down with his next HC or b) Give Fassel a chance to size up JaMarcus and see if he’s worth keeping around in 2010. Could the unnamed Raiders employee with JaMarcus be special teams coach and Jim Fassel’s son, John Fassel? Just some speculation, but I wouldn’t be shocked.

it kind of makes sense considering how idiotic al davis is. i say bring fassel in as the OC.

regardless, allowing Russell to miss the final team meeting probably means cable is done... that is al flexing his power more than likely.

if i were the other owners, i would file a claim against al because he lacks "legal capacity", which means he is incapable of making rationale decisions in the best interest of the franchise.

RevoL

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
no need for another running back. mcfadden was another wasted pick/$, trades don't go down in the L much but if someone would pick up them 4 yrs it would be nice dont see it happening though. i liked bush in louisville and still think he's a better RUNNING back than dmc, he a bruiser, between the tackles all day with him, and young hugg can do most of what dmc does for cheaper to switch it up. trade for a decent #1 or solid #2 WR that wants out of where they are now, there's quite a few that are better than what we have now in that situation, or even a young hungry OLB that can help sew up that strong side.

and in the draft we really need to invest in the line on both sides this year. it would be nice if ndamukong suh dropped to 8 but i dont see that happening. we could also use okung or campbell on the o-line. load up on both lines and try and find a sleeper CB in the late rounds to compete for that nickel

keep cable, at least one more year and see if he improves off 5-11. only way we get a GM if al dies and with our luck he will live to 90

Nov 12, 2002
www.MSMOfficial.com
Fassell would be a good choice for a HC if Al moves away from Cable....it seems like Al respects Fassell so hopefully that means he would shut tha fucc up and stand down.....Russell of course has to go he never should have been drafted in tha first place....I think we got a pretty good mix of Rb's....a better QB should open up some running lanes. Since opponents knew tha Raiders weren't gonna be throwing tha ball they just stacced 8-9 in tha box cuz they knew Russell couldnt beat em...If Rolando McClain comes out of Bama i think we need him....move Morrison to tha strong side and put McClain in tha middle....shore up that run D a lil bit....I disagree with getting any receivers....I think with Schillens missing 8 games and Louis Murphy getting better as the season went on, add them both for a full season to Zach Miller and it should start to look a lil bit better....it all basically hinges on whut they do with tha QB position....I say go with Colt McCoy in tha 2nd RD or Dan Lefevour out of Central Michigan...let em come in and battle with Grad....its not like we're going to tha Super Bowl next year or anything so might as well let tha team grow together.....

Sep 24, 2006
The NFL is a quarterback-driven league, and Oakland Raiders coach Tom Cable thinks that's an area they'll need to improve this offseason. Without saying it explicitly, he implied to the San Jose Mercury News recently that the team's slow start was a direct effect of JaMarcus Russell's poor play, and that if they even got average QB play, they would've been in the mix for a playoff spot.

The logical question: who will Raiders owner Al Davis choose between his coach and his former No. 1 drafted QB this offseason? It's obvious that both can't stay.

Paul Gutierrez of the Sacramento Bee writes that it appears Russell has won this contest. Russell skipped the season-ending team meeting -- going to Vegas instead -- but was absolved by the team for this patently ridiculous behavior. That "enabler" mentality on the part of the Raiders shows that they're going to let the inmate run the asylum. Why any other coach would want to come to Oakland is a mystery.

Sep 24, 2006
As we continue to ponder what role -- if any -- Michael Vick will play when the Philadelphia Eagles try for revenge against the Dallas Cowboys on Saturday night, the team is likely already soliciting offers for him in trade. Based on his current pact with the Eagles, he's due a $1 million roster bonus if he's still with the team in March.

Responding to a fellow fellow Twitter user, NFL writer Adam Caplan tweets that "#Raiders make some sense for Vick," on Friday morning.

The Raiders seem to be the knee-jerk candidate whenever someone with questionable moral integrity is on the market, but they do need a QB, and Vick has consistently argued that he wants to be an every-down QB, not a Wildcat sideshow. Perhaps if Tom Cable is retained, that will mean that he won the tug-of-war for Al Davis' affection, meaning JaMarcus Russell will be out which would clear a path for Vick.

RevoL

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I think Morrison is done, I don't see him taking Howard's or Scott's spot.
cmon bruh morrison lead the team in tackles he aint done. but it wouldn't be a bad idea though to move him to strong side and bring in mcclain like homie said. scott is more of a DE, need a hitter that can contain

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
See the thing is.....Westbrook is on his way out and if we execute that trade....I know mcfadden is going to get off over there....He can catch out the backfield and when philly runs, its not expected......Thats a good fit for Mcfadden....I like Mcfadden and want to see him in a position to succed....As of now its not working for him in Oakland.....I think Vick is hungry as fuck to start as an nfl QB agian, and he's got alot to prove........

That trade actually makes sense.....Maybe we can throw something else in and get a draft pick from them also...