Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
as long as jed york owns this team we are doomed
Why do you think that is? Is it maybe because he is a finance guy, therefore only interested in profitability versus winning? I mean, I comprehend that putting a winner on the field would probably increase profitability, but at the same time that also requires more expenditures.

Feb 8, 2006
Why do you think that is? Is it maybe because he is a finance guy, therefore only interested in profitability versus winning? I mean, I comprehend that putting a winner on the field would probably increase profitability, but at the same time that also requires more expenditures.
he meddled and wanted the spotlight, got involved when he should of been behind closed doors

now this shit show is on his shoulders. keeping baalke this last year was a prime example of him surrounding himself with yes men

i don't care about what they rent the venue out for to make money
they lost me when they moved to santa clara and fired harbaugh

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
he meddled and wanted the spotlight, got involved when he should of been behind closed doors

now this shit show is on his shoulders. keeping baalke this last year was a prime example of him surrounding himself with yes men

i don't care about what they rent the venue out for to make money
they lost me when they moved to santa clara and fired harbaugh
losing harbaugh = huge mistake 4certain

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
lol god damn, the 9ers are still on the hook for $18 million to Chip Kelly and are still paying Tomsula and still owe him $7 million. An ESPN report said they owe about $45 million on top of that to other "former coaches and assistants" for a total of $69 million. York and Baalke dug them in to a crazy hole lol

Feb 8, 2006
lol god damn, the 9ers are still on the hook for $18 million to Chip Kelly and are still paying Tomsula and still owe him $7 million. An ESPN report said they owe about $45 million on top of that to other "former coaches and assistants" for a total of $69 million. York and Baalke dug them in to a crazy hole lol

look at this fucktard
we are doomed with him as the captain of this ship

Dec 18, 2015
The 49ers on Sunday hired former NFL star safety John Lynch as general manager, a source confirmed to CSNBayArea.com on Sunday night.

The hiring was first reported by ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

Lynch, 45, was hired to cap a weekend that saw presumptive 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan, the Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator, meet with known finalists George Paton and Terry McDonough. The hiring of Lynch is a surprise move. Lynch has been an NFL analyst for FOX.

Lynch is also one of 15 modern-day finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, which will be voted on Saturday in Houston.

Shortly after the 49ers concluded the season with a 2-14 season, that included a franchise-worst 13-game losing streak, CEO Jed York announced the firings of coach Chip Kelly and general manager Trent Baalke.

Shanahan was closely involved in the process to hire the team’s general manager. It is not clear when he met with Lynch to secure him as the 49ers’ general manager.

The 49ers interviewed nine other candidates for the job that the team disclosed. CSNBayArea.com reported Sunday there was a mystery candidate, believed to be ESPN analyst Mark Dominik. Lynch wished to keep his candidacy for the job a secret, a source said.

Among the topics Shanahan covered with the general manager candidates was how the 49ers’ personnel power would be handled, both contractually and functionally, a source told CSNBayArea.com. Shanahan has not insisted on control over personnel but he wants to be involved in the decision-making process, a source said.

The 49ers are prohibited from officially hiring Shanahan as head coach until after the Falcons finish their season in Super Bowl 51 against the New England Patriots on Feb. 5 in Houston.

Lynch played the final four seasons of his NFL career with the Denver Broncos under Shanahan’s father, Mike Shanahan. Lynch played the first 11 seasons of his NFL career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He was a third-round draft pick from Stanford.

Don't know what to think about this. Hopefully it's a good move.

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
Allegedly he contacted York and conveyed his interest in the job. Confusing hire. This probably means Paton and Mcdonough either declined the position, or declined it under Yorks terms, which likely included Kyle having personnel power. John Lynch may have literally been the last person standing

Feb 14, 2006
Confusing hire. This probably means Paton and Mcdonough either declined the position, or declined it under Yorks terms, which likely included Kyle having personnel power. John Lynch may have literally been the last person standing
Hes a former safety and future hall of famer. My thinking is with Kyle Shanahan running the offensive side of the game, John Lynch will be looking at the defense and they will work together on both ends of the field. With his credentials and lack of experience in anything involving a front office...you may be right and he probably was the last man standing lol. I don't see the other guys taking the job if the head coach gets the kind of control Shanahan is rumored to get.

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
This will only work if he has an experienced scout type with him. We need to retain Tom Gamble, or hire Mark Dominik... otherwise I do not have much faith.

This worked out great when the Lions hired a former player from the broadcast booth...not.

Lynch was a heck of a player, and by all accounts a good guy. But ive never been of the mind set that good player automatically translates to good coach, gm etc