Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2006
Although I'm not really excited about Crabtree coming to the team anymore...

It would still be a great add-on to the team, the team is doing fine without him. But we need to fill that spot once Bruce is gone though...

I also think he waited out this long due to this injury and the money issue..

hopefully they settle for something cool..

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
well truth be told, he deserves a HELLA of alot more money then DHB, and the not playing probley just allowed his foot to fully heal.
yeah, you could say that... but he was picked after DHB, therefore he should make less... just the way it is

don't get me wrong... I don't think the Raiders should have picked DHB, but we did, and he was picked before Crabtree, so any talk about what he deserves is bullshit

Apr 25, 2002
I wonder if the Niners were 1-3 would he still be meeting with them? What a puss... Now that the Niners are 3-1 and will probably going to the playoffs he wants to be a part of the team and he's now willing to except with the Niners are going to offer..... LOL what a puss. He's going to get booed when he gets his first catch.
He will get booed if he DROPS a pass, but not if he catches one. Trust me, Niner fans will embrace him once he starts making a contribution to the team. I have always felt he would be a special receiver and I've always wanted him to sign the fucking contract. Once he started missing actual games I lost interest in the negotiations and didn't care what happened anymore. I still want him to sign, I just haven't been counting on it or expecting it. Now that something might be brewing, it's making me want something to happen ASAP. A lot of fans will start riding his fuckin nuts once he starts making plays. Every fanbase has a bunch of switcharoo ass motherfuckers that like to talk shit about a player until that player starts doing things for their team. A bunch of clowns have been hating on Vernon Davis for years and now everyone is starting to come around and ride his nuts because he's becoming a good player. The same shit will happen with Crabtree. Of course, there are a few fans that feel very strongly in their distaste for him, like the homie C.N.I., and I doubt they will be thrilled, but the majority of fans will forget this shit ever happened in 2 years when Crabtree is a legit #1 WR.

Apr 25, 2002
The Niners have released Dobson Collins from the practice squad, obviously to make room for another player to be demoted. It will likely be one of our receivers, namely Jason Hill or Michael Spurlock. Apparently they're making room for Crabtree on the 53-man roster.

Apr 25, 2002
LOL @ MC Hammer being involved in the negotiations. Per Matt Maiocco's twitter (I just learned what the fuck is going on when viewing a twitter page and it's a little annoying/difficult so I will just post them as quotes):

Matt Maiocco said:
Final twist: The guy with York and Crabtree, whom I thought looked a lot like M.C. Hammer . . . might actually have been M.C. Hammer.
Matt Maiocco said:
And that explains why he seemed offended when I introduced myself and asked him for his name. Sorry, Hammer. My bad.
Matt Maiocco said:
I was trailing the play by 30 yards, but hotel staff tells me Crabtree said to MC Hammer as he stepped in SUV, "Get it done."
Matt Maiocco said:
If memory serves . . . Deion Sanders lived in MC Hammer's Fremont mansion in 1994 when Deion played for 49ers.
Oh by the way, fuck twitter and it's confusing way of operation.

Apr 25, 2002
Michael Robinson is whack. He's a "special teams ace," but every team in the league has "special teams aces" that NOBODY KNOWS ABOUT. They are not hard to come by. We need to get rid of his ass and find another RB that is actually a RUNNING THREAT to be our 3rd RB.

By the way, Robinson is about my height so he is 6'1". I noticed when he was standing right in front of me at training camp.

Aug 7, 2003
Today was not exactly what I had in mind many years ago when I decided to pursue a career in journalism. But it was definitely a bizarre day. It was fun, despite the fact two key figures in the saga went to great lengths to avoid me.

The day included a trip to the hotel where the negotiations between the 49ers and Michael Crabtree were taking place. It included team president Jed York seeing me before I saw him on his way out of the hotel and taking an escape route through the hotel restaurant.
It included a mysterious man with York - someone I immediately thought resembled MC Hammer - apparently asking the door man to assist in York's departure from the property.
Later, Crabtree was spotted leaving the hotel via the same escape route. This time when Comcast Sportsnet reporter Mindi Bach and I pursued, Crabtree and the Hammer-look-alike broke into a spirited trot out the back gate of the restaurant patio and down the paved driveway back to the turnaround near the lobby where a black SUV was awaiting.
When the man who helped both York and Crabtree get away re-entered the lobby, I laughed and we shook hands. I introduced myself. And when I asked for his name, he tilted his head back, shrugged his shoulders and acted as if it were the dumbest question he'd heard in a while.
Yes, folks, I later found out there was a very good reason this man looked like Hammer. It was Hammer. And although one hotel employee told me Crabtree said to Hammer, "Get it done," as he entered the SUV, it's safe to say that Hammer has no role in the negotiations. Hammer is long time friends with Deion Sanders and Crabtree's agent, Eugene Parker. Sanders is a mentor for Crabtree.
It is my understanding that progress is being made in the negotiations. Heck, the fact that they've finally had a face-to-face meeting is tremendous progress. It shows Crabtree has a willingness to play for the 49ers.
The talks between Parker and 49ers chief negotiator Paraag Marathe are expected to continue tomorrow - if a deal is not reached late tonight.
York was not in the speaking mood this afternoon but he later had some interesting things to say to CSN 49ers analyst Eric Davis. Click here to listen to his report.
Among the things York told Davis:
--From a 49ers' standpoint, they consider Crabtree part of the family. There are no hard feelings.
--There is negotiating going on. The 49ers are looking at two or three contract proposals, whereas before there was just one offer on the table. They are looking at ways to get a deal worked out.

--There is optimism because there is negotiating going on. The 49ers want Crabtree to play for the 49ers, and Crabtree says he wants to play for the 49ers. But York did say until there's a signature on the contract . . . it's not done.

Aug 24, 2006
man, as far as welcoming crabtree as a niner. my approach is yea i was like "fuck him" when he didnt sign but when i was in santa clara and i heard the #10 pick Michael Crabtree i was yelling ilke a little school girl.

regaurdless as niner fans we need to support this guy once he signs and suits up so he can feel welcomed in the bay and get his mind on football.

Apr 25, 2002
robinson isnt that wack. we need to use him in the wildcat, he was starting qb at penn state.
What the hell does that matter? The wildcat only works if the guy receiving the snap is an effective RUNNER, which Robinson is not even close to being. I hate when people who don't know how the wildcat works try to bring up the fact that Robinson was a QB in college and assume he would be effective in that homo formation. Not to mention the fact that his whack ass has run the damn wildcat for us before and did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. He is no ground threat, so having him run the wildcat formation with any intention of passing the football would have the same results as him being our QUARTERBACK would - and if he was any good at QB he wouldn't be our sorriest RUNNING BACK right now.

I wish people would think about WHY that goddamn formation works before they try to say Robinson is a good choice to run it. And another thing, if he were any good at running the bullshit formation AT ALL, then why the hell did they have Spurlock taking the snap every time we've been in the wildcat this year? Exactly. Robinson is garbage outside of special teams, and like I said before, special teams aces come a dime a dozen. He is the most replaceable player on the entire roster.

I hate to get on a 49er player's ass like this, but I'm tired of seeing him on the field when another RB that is more of a ground threat, or any type of threat in general, could be in there instead. We need to move away from mediocrity and that includes getting rid of mediocre players that are taking up room on the roster that could be occupied by players that are more productive.

Also, that rant about people not knowing how the wildcat works is not directed specifically at you (BaySickBrian), a lot of people don't seem to understand WHY it is effective. I know this because if they did understand it, they'd know why Robinson is not suited to run it.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
robinson might not be frank gore or adrian peterson but he is more of a threat than every qb not named michael vick and he has a better arm than LT or Ronnie Brown which can make him more effective. but really we dont need that gimmick formation, everything is working fine now.

robinson is also a good receiving back, he had 17 catches for a little over 200 yards so 11 yards per catch is a good stat to have.

anyways, hes not glen coffee or frank gore but he is useful.

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
its about fucking time its done, he aint going to step on the field on start playing right away, i don't see him doing anything big till maybe Dec or Jan. or even till next season. i didn't like the fact of how he was acting cuz he wouldn't sign but it seem like he still wanted to be a NINER being he came back to the bay N sign now. so lets see if he is wroth the money he was trying to get.