NFL Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
It's really not that big of a discrepancy when you do the math.

NFL Players take 48.5% of total league revenue
NBA Players take 51% of total league revenue
MLB Players take 44% of total league revenue

So yeah of course football contracts are going to be lower by player.

NFL Players = 1,696 + 320 practice squad
NBA Players = 449
MLB Players = 1,280 (including all guys on the 40 man)

Where do you think more money for NFL players is going to come from? You think the players are going to ask for like a 75% revenue cut? Lets be extremely optimistic and say the players ask for 55%.

Currently 13Billion x 48.5% = 6.3 Billion for the players
Best case scenario 13billion x 55% = 7.15 billion for the players

Not including practice squad that amounts to $845,000,000 total and about $500k more per player.

Most of that new money would go to big money guys, so the players in the NFL that are getting screwed comparatively would be making like 50K more a year. I wouldn't call that solving the discrepancy between contracts.
I think the issue is more about guaranteed money rather than more money.

Obviously more money will try to be negotiated, but from what I'm reading guaranteed money is one of the top items on the agenda in 2021.

The NFL could easily change rules to allow guaranteed money for players they need to let go to not affect salary cap, but the greedy ass owners don't want to pay people who got injured working for them or players they agreed to pay, but it didn't work out.

Nov 24, 2003
I think the issue is more about guaranteed money rather than more money.

Obviously more money will try to be negotiated, but from what I'm reading guaranteed money is one of the top items on the agenda in 2021.

The NFL could easily change rules to allow guaranteed money for players they need to let go to not affect salary cap, but the greedy ass owners don't want to pay people who got injured working for them or players they agreed to pay, but it didn't work out.

Paying money to injured players will no doubt result in less money for active players though.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui5fDxPronk[/video]
I ain't mad at that. Peep tho duce, what your thought on this vid: http://siccness.net/vb/6656387-post25.html

and the NFL policy quoted in the post below it.

I just think it's funny how people think they are going to change a country that was birthed in thinking and control opposite of what these so called movements preach. It will never change. It will have to be destroyed to be birthed new, or it will never change. Word to the 3/5s compromise, which gave way to the 13th Amendment, which gave way to our modern day slave trade and government control- prison:

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V66F3WU2CKk[/ame]

Last edited: