NFL Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 15, 2003
Of the SENIC CITY
Back In 08' My Friends Invited Me To A Vikings Vs Eagles Game In Minneapolis, So I Hopped On A Plane And Went. We Got Up That Morning All Early And I'm Like "Why The Fuck You Guys Up At 6am To Go To 11am Game?" They Was Like "We Got To Go To The Tailgate." So We Got Down There And A Bunch Of Canidians Kept Handing Me Beers They Brought Down From Canada. Then This Old Man Came By With Some Fine Cognac And I Sipped That With Him, Then We Put Down Like 10 Yager Shots, But I Had About 10 Beers Too.

So We Get To The Game, And I Switch It In To Overdrive A Shout And Yell The Whole Game. I Was Like A Rooster In Wee Early Morning Hours And Did Not Settle It Down For One Second. It Was The Loudest I've Ever Been XTimes 100. I Start Trying To Do The Wave Too, And Nobody Following Me On That, So I Looked Real Bad Then. But After The Game Is Where It Got Good, My Two Friends Were Eagle Fans And There Were A Lot Of Eagle Fans At The Game. So They Won And My Friends Kept Giving High Fives To Fellow Eagle Fans On The Way Out, So I Kept On Giving On Fakies Following Behind Them And Must Of Left About 200 Eagle Fans Hanging.

Edit: Oh Yeah, During The Game, Some Ladies Yelled Out "Help" And There Was About A 20 Man Brawl About To Go Down, Putting Hands On Each Other. And I Run Up There And Break Up The Fight By Myself.

Attachments

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2003
Of the SENIC CITY
Browns expected to sign veteran CB Jason McCourty - NFL.com

The Cleveland Browns need help in the secondary. On Tuesday, they found it.
NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported that free-agent cornerback Jason McCourty is expected to sign with the team barring a late snag, per a source involved in the deal.

The former Titans starter had dinner with Browns coaches and team brass Monday night, paving the way for a signing.

McCourty was tossed into the free-agent pool in April after the Titans released him following eight seasons with the team. He started 90 games in Tennessee and piled up 13 interceptions. A sixth-round selection out of Rutgers in the 2009 NFL Draft, the 29-year-old veteran was a three-time team captain with the Titans.

In Cleveland, McCourty lands as an instant starter alongside Pro Bowl cover man Joe Haden. The Browns also have Jamar Taylor and Briean Boddy-Calhoun at the position, but McCourty adds something else: proven experience in coordinator Gregg Williams' scheme after the duo worked together in 2013.

Cleveland was victimized by opponents last season, finishing the year as the 21st-ranked defense in the NFL.

After fourth-round cornerback Howard Wilson suffered a fractured kneecap at rookie minicamp, the need for help was real at the position. McCourty fits the bill.

Where Do You Thinks This Puts The Browns And Their Defense?

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Josh Gordon got denied reinstatement again. He can't reapply until the season has already started and the NFL will have 90 days again to respond, which means he's gonna miss yet another season.....for weed.

NFL denies Josh Gordon's reinstatement bid
It's been multiple substances, he has a real problem. TBH these people are fortunate to have the opportunity they do, not that they didn't work for it- but that's irrelevant. How many drug tests will your employer let you fail, for multiple substances, and still potentially allow you reinstatement. Let this guy end up penny-less and homeless or go work a regular 9-5 grind like the average Joe. He doesn't deserve any more chances in the NFL.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
It's been multiple substances, he has a real problem. TBH these people are fortunate to have the opportunity they do, not that they didn't work for it- but that's irrelevant. How many drug tests will your employer let you fail, for multiple substances, and still potentially allow you reinstatement. Let this guy end up penny-less and homeless or go work a regular 9-5 grind like the average Joe. He doesn't deserve any more chances in the NFL.
The NFL is entertainment at the end of the day. He has the ability that less than 1% of the population does to entertain, I have no issue with him getting another chance or even 10 more chances if he continues to have the ability to make the team.

He initially popped hot for weed, got another year added to his initial suspension for drinking alcohol....something that is legal to do for every person age 21. The NFL treated him like they were fucking probation officers.

Shit is stupid and God Emperor Roger Goodell's policing is stupid.

Comparing the entertainment industry to average 9 to 5's has no relevance.

Imagine if the NBA tested for weed....there would be no NBA lol

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
The NFL is entertainment at the end of the day. He has the ability that less than 1% of the population does to entertain, I have no issue with him getting another chance or even 10 more chances if he continues to have the ability to make the team.

He initially popped hot for weed, got another year added to his initial suspension for drinking alcohol....something that is legal to do for every person age 21. The NFL treated him like they were fucking probation officers.

Shit is stupid and God Emperor Roger Goodell's policing is stupid.

Comparing the entertainment industry to average 9 to 5's has no relevance.

Imagine if the NBA tested for weed....there would be no NBA lol
While I agree this is the land of 2nd and 3rd and 4th chances, this man has a problem. What about the codeine fail as well? I mean, breh, he knew when UAs were coming up, he didn't care. If you show up to a UA with alcohol in your system or anything else, and you are not prepared to mask it, you don't care. Yes, its the entertainment industry, where they are exponentially payed for playing a game, in front of millions of people, including children who emulate them and dream of becoming them. We should not reward irresponsibility or the absence of acting mature regardless of occupation. If it was solely marijuana, which obviously has prolonged stay in the human body through metabolite levels, I would agree with you. He knew what he was getting into when he signed his NFL contracts, bottom line. There are people with a better head on their shoulders that deserve that roster spot, he's proven that to the decision makers.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
We can agree to disagree, but I hate the "children emulate them" argument. I would argue that movies, music, television etc. have a way larger influence on children than single football players. Should record labels start drug testing musicians? A lot of heroin, cocaine, pill etc. addicts have been heroes to kids.

Football is a sport where the average player is going to retire broke and riddled with brain injuries like CTE, NFL players shouldn't be looked at as role models for children and shouldn't be held to a certain standard because of the role model argument.