NFL Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 24, 2003
If you notice most current and former players don't think it's a big deal but internet people and analysts are outraged.

Idk know about that. I heard quite a few former players on ESPN radio calling for a 16 game suspension before the punishment was announced.

Not only that, there was a lot current players that came out in support of the punishment once it was announced.

My very unscientific analysis was that the sentiment was split about 50/50 in support or opposed to the punishment by current players.

Nov 24, 2003
I just don't think it's that serious. To use that as an excuse for a loss is weak to me. You'll be surprised to know that I don't know what a dichotomy is.

There is a difference between using "something" as an excuse for a loss and acknowledging a fact that "something" had an impact on the game.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
The NFL is not done tinkering with extra points.

After the league approved a new rule yesterday to move extra point kicks back to the 15-yard line and allow the defense to score two points by returning turnovers to the opposite end zone, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said today that the league has thought of other ideas to improve extra points. However, Goodell added that the owners wanted to make only a relatively minor change this year before considering more changes next year.

“We think those changes are terrific,” Goodell said. “We thought of some other ideas in the context of that, but I think the bottom line on that is the ownership would like us to do this in stages so we can see the impact of the changes and evaluate that as we go through the season.”

Goodell didn’t say what any of those other ideas are, but the one that has received the most attention is the possibility of moving two-point conversion attempts up from the 2-yard line to the 1-yard line, which would make them easier and therefore encourage teams to go for two more often. That won’t happen in 2015, but it might happen in 2016. More changes to extra points may be on the way.

Goodell says NFL has more ideas for improving extra points | ProFootballTalk

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
trickery aside, usually its pretty damn obvious when a team is gonna go for two. for the last 5 years how many times have u seen a fake pat run/pass?

15 yards is still a chip shot for 31 out of 32 kickers in the nfl. I like u can run the ball back on a blocked kick or a failed conversion, but the new spot of the ball rule is down right foolish

Nov 18, 2010
I agree that defense being able to return PATs is dope but I hate how this puts more emphasis on the kickers and slightly increases how much of an asset they are.

Teams losing because of a shanked PAT will be lame af.