NFL Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Glad he retired a Steeler but how cheap they've been with their vets past few years has been annoying. Im pretty sure Ward, Farrior and Polamalu have been forced to retire for loyalty reasons (rather than going to another team) despite wanting to play a next season. I know it is relative to cap space but seems shitty regardless.
It's a smart front office move though. The reason we were so successful on defense over the past few years was because we had a guy like Polamalu who could play the pass, and come all the way up on the line and play the run. It kept other teams honest. Once he started getting head and knee injuries and playing like a shell of himself, he didn't fit the defensive scheme anymore. Can't pay a player superstar money if his fit on the defense is becoming a liability.

Steelers have to make some moves to get that defense back together again, but they usually cut players at exactly the right time. Polamalu, Wallace, Porter, etc.

Dec 6, 2005
Here are excerpts of McNally and Jastremski's texts, via the report.

On May 9, 2014, before the start of the season:

McNally: You working

Jastremski: Yup

McNally: Nice dude....jimmy needs some kicks....lets make a deal.....come on help the deflator

On October 17, 2014, after Brady complained about the ball inflation after a game versus the Jets:

McNally: Tom sucks...im going make that next ball a f------ balloon

Jastremski: Talked to him last night. He actually brought you up and said you must have a lot of stress trying to get them done...

Jastremski: I told him it was. He was right though...

Jastremski: I checked some of the balls this morn... The refs f----- us...a few of then were at almost 16

Jastremski: They didnt recheck then after they put air in them

McNally: F---- tom ...16 is nothing...wait till next sunday

On October 21, 2014:

McNally: Make sure you blow up the ball to look like a rugby ball so tom can get used to it before sunday

Jastremski: Omg

On October 23, 2014:

Jastremski: Can't wait to give you your needle this week :)

McNally: F--- tom....make sure the pump is attached to the needle.....f------ watermelons coming

Jastremski: So angry

McNally: The only thing deflating sun..is his passing rating

On October 24, 2014:

Jastremski: I have a big needle for u this week

McNally: Better be surrounded by cash and newkicks....or its a rugby sunday

McNally: F--- tom

Jastremski: Maybe u will have some nice size 11s in ur locker

McNally: Tom must really be working your balls hard this week

On January 7, 2015, eleven days before the AFC Championship Game:

McNally: Remember to put a couple sweet pig skins ready for tom to sign

Jastremski: U got it kid...big autograph day for you

McNally: Nice throw some kicks in and make it real special