NCAA TOURNAMENT

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
Great game, glad to see Duke win.

I gained even more respect for Butler and their coaches. Kind of wish it could have gone to overtime to see more of that game, it was that good.

I thought the key to the game would be Butler's perimeter defense, and how they would respond to the numerous screens and rolls Duke uses, and they were awesome against it. The biggest factor in them not winning was the 7-8 minute field goal drought they had in the final 10 minutes, but they still almost had it.

I wasn't huge on the whole ''David vs. Goliath" bullshit leading up to it; Butler was ranked...what, 11th, preseason? 25 game winning streak? The only way to use that was in comparing the schools and their history, but I thought the kids were getting kind of a raw deal (Butler's) because they weren't getting the credit they deserved, and the recognition they earned. It was almost a..." it would be amazing if they won" type of vibe.

IMO, they could have beaten anyone with the way they played this season, and came up just short in this game, but while I hate ''moral victories'', I think they have tons to be proud of and look forward to for next year.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
why do you think its called "March Madness"? thats what makes this the most popular time of the year and every team can't win it. every year there is big upsets like that, this year was just our year to be that team to get upset. im fine with that.

but....

Duke though? fuck them!

first they get a #1 seed before the more deserving team does and then they get the gift of being put into the easiest fuckin' bracket of them all. oh well, i hope they lose and butler becomes champs.
You still have to play the game.

Duke had the easiest bracket...tell that to the players who lost in that bracket. Duke beat West Virginia by 21, the same WV that knocked off #1 Kentucky. They beat Butler, the same Butler that knocked off #1 Syracuse. Kansas got knocked off by N. Iowa, who was beat by Michigan St., who lost to...Butler.

I don't know if Kansas would have beaten Duke if they played, or if Duke would have lost to so and so if they were in whatever bracket, but there's always excuses. Excuses are for losers.

I wasn't real impressed with Kansas' bracket a few years ago, if you want to nit pick. Portland St., UNLV, Villanova, and Davidson. Good teams, but not great. But big deal...you said it yourself, it's ''madness'', it's a ''tourney''...you have to win the games. In theory, Kansas should have ran through the tourney and won , probably facing Duke out of their ''easy'' bracket, and won the championship. It didn't work out that way. Big deal.

Maybe they swap brackets, and maybe Kansas loses to Oklahoma State again. Until you play the games, it's not easy.

Personally, I had Kansas winning it all in a $100. per bracket tourney, so I missed out with them losing. LOL.

Mar 24, 2006
You still have to play the game.

Duke had the easiest bracket...tell that to the players who lost in that bracket. Duke beat West Virginia by 21, the same WV that knocked off #1 Kentucky. They beat Butler, the same Butler that knocked off #1 Syracuse. Kansas got knocked off by N. Iowa, who was beat by Michigan St., who lost to...Butler.

I don't know if Kansas would have beaten Duke if they played, or if Duke would have lost to so and so if they were in whatever bracket, but there's always excuses. Excuses are for losers.

I wasn't real impressed with Kansas' bracket a few years ago, if you want to nit pick. Portland St., UNLV, Villanova, and Davidson. Good teams, but not great. But big deal...you said it yourself, it's ''madness'', it's a ''tourney''...you have to win the games. In theory, Kansas should have ran through the tourney and won , probably facing Duke out of their ''easy'' bracket, and won the championship. It didn't work out that way. Big deal.

Maybe they swap brackets, and maybe Kansas loses to Oklahoma State again. Until you play the games, it's not easy.

Personally, I had Kansas winning it all in a $100. per bracket tourney, so I missed out with them losing. LOL.
Kansas won the championship in 2008 when all the #1 seeds advanced to the Final 4 for the first time in history. Thats pretty impressive however you slice it if you ask me.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
I'm not knocking Kansas and their winning of the championship, but all this talk about Duke having an easy bracket made me take a look at who faced Kansas in their own bracket.

That Kansas team was solid, and they're always fun to watch. I had them winning this year, too.

I saw 5 player from Kentucky are declaring for the draft already...that's amazing, if you think about it. I wonder what that team will be like next year?