NBA Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Idk man I graduated from have with a 1.7 gpa because I ditched all the time (really just pretended to be my pops and called myself in). The school let me slide because I played sports. I didn't qualify academically for a university. Anyway my college GPA is 3.25 and I have more than 200 college credits. Someone should have been watching that shit closer including himself, but he's young and dgaf....
Dude needed a 2.0 GPA and to pass an SAT with an 820. If he fucked that up with what was on the line, especially after already signing a letter of intent with numerous schools, he's dumb as bricks.

What's funny about the situation is his dad's character in Blue Chips was having to get tutored in the movie to be able to pass the SAT to play college ball lol

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Dude needed a 2.0 GPA and to pass an SAT with an 820. If he fucked that up with what was on the line, especially after already signing a letter of intent with numerous schools, he's dumb as bricks.

What's funny about the situation is his dad's character in Blue Chips was having to get tutored in the movie to be able to pass the SAT to play college ball lol
I understand what you're saying, but where were the parents? Why didn't the parents help him? Mommy and Daddy too busy being tv celebrities? Oh well, he can go play overseas for a year or two and then go to NBA. They all knew what he had to do, he is the child though.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
kawhi wants to go to the lake show? I was getting used to the lakers being irrelevant af. but they would need more than just kawhi to be back

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Woj is usually pretty clutch with his reporting.

[ame]https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1007676505562984450[/ame]

Lakers apparently have enough cap space for both Kawhi and Lebron. Been reading that if they can dump a bad contract or two like Luol Deng's they could probably even get Paul George too.

As much as I can't stand the Lakers, the league is definitely more interesting with good Lakers teams. If the Lakers can pull it off and get these guys, those Dubs vs. Laker games for the next few years will be epic.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Woj is usually pretty clutch with his reporting.

Twitter

Lakers apparently have enough cap space for both Kawhi and Lebron. Been reading that if they can dump a bad contract or two like Luol Deng's they could probably even get Paul George too.

As much as I can't stand the Lakers, the league is definitely more interesting with good Lakers teams. If the Lakers can pull it off and get these guys, those Dubs vs. Laker games for the next few years will be epic.
Word

StillHustlin posted article in Feb said:
Yup

Magic Johnson confident Los Angeles Lakers will land two elite stars in free agency after trade-deadline moves

The Lakers -- who want to add stars to a core that includes Ball, Brandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma -- now project to have $46.9 million in cap room this summer, but they control how much they can increase it with decisions to be made on Randle and Luol Deng. The Lakers can increase their cap space to around $70 million if they do not bring back Randle, who will be a restricted free agent, and find a solution, likely the stretch provision, to the $37 million that is owed to Deng, according to ESPN's Bobby Marks.

Bet

I just wish we could balance the WEST/ EAST or else what the point of having an ECF and East vs West.... I mean the dynasty yaw have isn't the problem; dynasties are great for the legacy of the sport.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Reading the Spurs won't make a trade with the Lakers for Kawhi, because the Lakers don't have anything they want in return. Spurs are talking to Boston about a deal, because Boston has some players the Spurs want. Kawhi has to go wherever the Spurs deal him. Apparently the Spurs are pissed Kawhi's camp leaked that he didn't want to be a Spur, before Poppovich had a chance to sit down with him.

Dude should have conducted business better instead of airing all of this shit out through his camp. Now he might miss out on both the Supermax deal and the team he wants to play for.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Spurs are supposedly refusing to trade Kawhi to any team in the West. Now the Cavs are trying to make a deal for Kawhi so Lebron will stay. If the Cavs get Kawhi and keep Lebron we might see a Dubs/Cavs Finals for a 5th straight year lol

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I have Trae Young going 6th to Orlando Magic

Rasan @Rasan would you be happy with that selection for your squad?

I think teams would make a huge mistake letting him slip beyond that (or even as low as 6) but if he did I would expect Knicks to trade up or grab him @ 9

What he did was no easy feat. Watched probably 5 or 6 games of his and didn't like how that offense was set up, but expect him to be a good to outstanding player by four NBA seasons (by age 23)

Last edited:

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
I have Trae Young going 6th to Orlando Magic

Rasan @Rasan would you be happy with that selection for your squad?

I think teams would make a huge mistake letting him slip beyond that (or even as low as 6) but if he did I would expect Knicks to trade up or grab him @ 9

What he did was no easy feat. Watched probably 5 or 6 games of his and didn't like how that offense was set up, but expect him to be a good to outstanding player by four NBA seasons (by age 23)
Id be ecstatic. Kid is cocky but ill deal. Dwight Howard got traded to the nets. We should bring him back if we get trae. Imagine that combination.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Trae can be great, I just hope he adjusts his game when he gets drafted. I remember watching the Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State game where he went like 14-40 from the field, but everyone ignored that shitty shooting cause he had 48 points that was padded from free throws and 3's. Oklahoma also lost that game. Dude will get exposed hard in the NBA if he tries to chuck up as many shots in games like he did in college.

Would love to see him slow down and allow his team to set him up for shots off screens. He'll be deadly. I'm just worried he's gonna try and force his own plays and shots.