The NBA Draft Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Post Rumors, Trades, and for during draft conversation.....

The Lakers reportedly offered Lamar Odom to the Timberwolves for the No. 2 pick in the draft.
The Lakers wanted Derrick Williams, while the Wolves turned them down due to already having Kevin Love and Michael Beasley on the roster. They reportedly asked for Andrew Bynum or Pau Gasol, to which the Lakers replied with a 'no thanks.' Rumors are flying at a brisk pace, but it does sound like this one actually happened.

Jul 5, 2009
The Bulls are tryin to move up but if they stay at 28 and 30 then I'd like to take Josh Selby, Travis Leslie, Nolan Smith, Shelvin Mack, Jeremy Tyler or JaJuan Johnson. Preferably from Selby, Leslie and Smith.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Timberwolves coach Kurt Rambis will be fired after the NBA Draft, according to Yahoo! Sports.
They'll keep him on through the draft, although he won't actually be a part of it, and then move in another direction. Kahn and Rambis have basically stopped communicating since the season ended, and Washington's Lorenzo Romar is an early candidate to replace Rambis. He has two years left on his original four-year contract, and went 32-132 as their coach.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
The Sixers are exploring trade options involving Andre Iguodala with the both the Lakers and Wolves, sources tell SI's Sam Amick.
While the Iguodala for Monta Ellis talks have died down, the Sixers are still having discussions throughout the league. According to Amick, the Lakers would give up Lamar Odom and possibly Ron Artest to land Iguodala. The Wolves, of course, would include the No. 2 overall pick as part of the their package. With Sixers president Rod Thorn admitting Tuesday that he's initiating some talks, we'd put the odds of an Iguodala trade at 50-50.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
ESPN's Chris Broussard confirms that a deal sending Raymond Felton to the Kings in exchange for the No. 7 pick is a possibility.
The talks were first reported by the reliable Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo. Felton would be a backup to Ty Lawson next season, something he has hinted he's not enthralled with. He figures to be one of the most-discussed players in the next 24 hours. As for the Kings, it's obvious they are intent on getting an upgrade over Beno Udrih at point guard.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
The Bucks are open to moving Corey Maggette in a trade, according to ESPN.com.
The Bucks are reportedly trying to move out of the No. 10 spot, but someone would likely have to take Maggette's contract off their hands. The oft-injured swingman is owed about $21.1 million over the final two years of his deal. That's a tough pill to swallow considering Maggette is entering his age-32 season.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Monta Ellis has emerged as owner Joe Lacob's favorite player on the Warriors, according to CBS' Ken Berger.
Berger also adds that new coach Mark Jackson really wants to coach Ellis, casting a long shadow over all the trade rumors. If both the owner and coach love Ellis, trading him wouldn't make much sense. For what it's worth, the Sixers appear to have moved on and are shopping Andre Iguodala elsewhere.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Bismack Biyombo has a medical red flag due to a back injury, a source tells Ryan Feldman of the Hoops Report.
The Hoops Report is not a trusted source, so we're taking this one with a grain of salt. However, it makes sense. Biyombo wasn't invited to the green room for Thursday's draft, a sign that the NBA believes he may not in the lottery. Still, Feldman says Biyombo is unlikely to get out of the top 9, even with the red flag.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
The Blazers and Spurs were reportedly in serious discussions about sending Tony Parker and the No. 29 pick to Portland for Andre Miller, Nicolas Batum and the No. 21 pick recently.
However, the Spurs demanded that Richard Jefferson (and his $30 million over the next three seasons) be included in the deal, which stalled the talks. And the only way Parker is going anywhere would likely include Jefferson, his deteriorating skills, and bad contract, which means that Parker will likely be playing for the Spurs again next season, whenever that happens.

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
The Blazers and Spurs were reportedly in serious discussions about sending Tony Parker and the No. 29 pick to Portland for Andre Miller, Nicolas Batum and the No. 21 pick recently.
However, the Spurs demanded that Richard Jefferson (and his $30 million over the next three seasons) be included in the deal, which stalled the talks. And the only way Parker is going anywhere would likely include Jefferson, his deteriorating skills, and bad contract, which means that Parker will likely be playing for the Spurs again next season, whenever that happens.
Fuck giving up Miller and Batum for Parker and Jefferson. I really fucking hope they don't trade Batum.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Damn Kurt Rambis had a terrible record...I went to go watch the timberwolves when they came to play the warriors this year....They had Kurt Rambis, Bill Lambier (sp) and Reggie Theus on the coaching staff..I thought to myself with all these OG's how do they keep losing.....They got stupid talent in Minnesota 2...Wesley Jhonson, Kevin Love, Michel Beasley, Jhonny Flynn, Anthony Randolph, Luke Ridnour....Something had to move...

If golden state wants to trade some players..I suggest they go to Minnesota and grab some of thier talent....

And speaking of Luke Ridnour he use to be a favorite player of mine...I think he came out of Oregon right?

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
The Sixers are exploring trade options involving Andre Iguodala with the both the Lakers and Wolves, sources tell SI's Sam Amick.
While the Iguodala for Monta Ellis talks have died down, the Sixers are still having discussions throughout the league. According to Amick, the Lakers would give up Lamar Odom and possibly Ron Artest to land Iguodala. The Wolves, of course, would include the No. 2 overall pick as part of the their package. With Sixers president Rod Thorn admitting Tuesday that he's initiating some talks, we'd put the odds of an Iguodala trade at 50-50.
The lakers would be looking good if they get Andre Iguodala....

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
A source, who wished to be anonymous, texted a rumor about the Blazers being involved in trade talks.

I trust the source like no other, but I've taken a stance to no longer use unnamed sources, which I know will hurt me on days like this, the NBA Draft. I'm trying to get some confirmation on the rumored trade, but in the meantime, here are some rumors that are out there:

Jonathan Givony at DraftExpress.com tweets that the Blazers and Orlando Magic are talking trade, with Andre Miller and the No. 21 pick going to the Magic in exchange for Jameer Nelson.

Nelson is set to make $8.6 million in 2011-2012, $7.6 million in 2012-2013 and has a player option for $7.6 in 2013-2014.

Miller, of course, has a team option at $7.8 million for next season that the Blazers, or the team he is traded to, have until June 29 to pick up.

The benefit of this move would be the Blazers get younger (Nelson is 29; Miller 35) and they improve their spacing because Nelson is a much better outside shooter. Nelson is a career 39 percent shooter from three-point range and made a career-high 119 three pointers last season. Miller last season went 4-for-37.

*Lots of talk about the Blazers moving up in the draft as well. It started early, when Kerry Eggers of the Portland Tribune said his sources were telling him the Blazers were targeting UConn point guard Kemba Walker.

Since then, the Blazers have been said to be interested in Providence guard Marshon Brooks, Morehead State forward Kenneth Faried and Michigan point guard Darius Morris among others.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
The Bucks, Lakers and Knicks are among the teams inquiring about Ramon Sessions, according to beat writer Gery Woelfel.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
The rumored trade that would send Andre Iguodala to the Lakers in exchange for Lamar Odom and Luke Walton is not true, sources tell both the Philadelphia Inquirer and CBS.
Reliable Ken Berger says there is nothing to this rumor, and top Sixers beat writer Kate Fagan seconds that. With Monta Ellis seemingly off the table, the Sixers refusing to take Chris Kaman from the Clippers and now this Lakers deal dead, Iguodala suddenly appears more likely than not to be a Sixer come tomorrow.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
The Warriors are unlikely to trade Monta Ellis before the new CBA, sources tell CBS' Ken Berger.
The red-hot Ellis rumors have cooled off dramatically. New coach Mark Jackson wants him and owner Joe Lacob loves him. If things start to go south next season, rumors will heat up again around the trade deadline. But for now, we're expecting to see Ellis in a Warriors uniform come opening night.