Michael Jordan Is Leaving Chicago to Play For Detroit

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Man you need to calm down.... where did I imply Shaq was the same player he was in L.A. and Miami? Point it out or quote me.
lol, you serious?

Fact is fact. Kobe won 3 rings with Shaq, and Wade won 1. LeBron won 0..... I don't care how old Shaq is.
^ that's where... you didn't say it straight up... but you obviously implied it

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
No excuses is what I meant by I don't care how old he is. He's obviously past his prime but he was past his prime in Miami too.... so no excuses. Fact is.... LeBron couldn't do it with Shaq either.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
he wasn't in his prime in Miami, but you can't deny he was a much better player... that was the last season he averaged at least 20 PPG, for the most part his stats have decline since then

this past season in Cleveland was by far his worst year statistically

in Miami he was probably a couple years past his prime... it's been 4 years since then and his productivity has declined tremendously

so yeah...

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
you can't say that... you have no idea how the general public will view Lebron and his legacy when his career is over

Kobe won 3 of his 5 rings playing next to Shaq, one of the best centers in the NBA ever... while he was in his prime

his other 2 he won playing with Gasol... one of the best PFs in the league

is he conidered one of the greats?
the cavs are a much better team than the pre gasol lakers. its not even close.

the fact remains lebron had a chance to be at least top 2 all time now he wont see the top 5. maybe not even 10 but definitely not 5. no way will he ever surpass bird, jordan, magic, russell or kobe. NEVER. not even with 8 rings in miami.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
the cavs are a much better team than the pre gasol lakers. its not even close.

the fact remains lebron had a chance to be at least top 2 all time now he wont see the top 5. maybe not even 10 but definitely not 5. no way will he ever surpass bird, jordan, magic, russell or kobe. NEVER. not even with 8 rings in miami.
if he wins 8 rings and continues to win MVPs, break records, and put up great stats... I'd consider him a top player of all time, but hey... that's just me

Mar 18, 2003
you can't say that... you have no idea how the general public will view Lebron and his legacy when his career is over

Kobe won 3 of his 5 rings playing next to Shaq, one of the best centers in the NBA ever... while he was in his prime

his other 2 he won playing with Gasol... one of the best PFs in the league

is he conidered one of the greats?
The difference is Gasol WAS NOT considered one of the "best" PF's in the league until he came to Los Angeles and played alongside of Kobe Bryant. And yes, he did have SHAQ for 3 of his rings, but in all honesty, that's ALL he had. They were both reliant on each other to win those titles.

Jul 5, 2009
LeBron is a more dominant player than Kobe but Kobe knows how to win and he's learned from his mistakes. LeBron still got a long way to go so people need to stop actin like he aint shit because he don't got another dominant player to go along side of him(Shaq, Gasol) and he don't got the greatest coach of all time(you already know who that is) and he don't got perhaps the most clutch player in the league(i love and hate Derek Fisher at the same time) and he didn't have a Ron Artesticles or Lamar Scrodom. But he got pieces now so look out. They don't seem to have any depth though.

Apr 7, 2004
LeBron is a more dominant player than Kobe but Kobe knows how to win and he's learned from his mistakes. LeBron still got a long way to go so people need to stop actin like he aint shit because he don't got another dominant player to go along side of him(Shaq, Gasol) and he don't got the greatest coach of all time(you already know who that is) and he don't got perhaps the most clutch player in the league(i love and hate Derek Fisher at the same time) and he didn't have a Ron Artesticles or Lamar Scrodom. But he got pieces now so look out. They don't seem to have any depth though.
HOPEFULLY THEY CAN GET CHALMERS PLAYING LIKE RONDO IN THE NEXT YEAR OR TWO... MAYBE IM JUST SAYING THAT CAUSE ME AND DUDE IS FROM THE SAME CITY... BUT DUDE IS GOOD HE JUST NEEDS A LITTLE PUSH

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I don't blame LeBron because management never really got him the supporting cast he needed.

That being said, I still wanted to see him get a ring in Cle. Too bad they couldn't pull off the sign and trade that would have landed Bosh in Cleveland.
I didn't agree with the way Lebron did it, as most of us would agree, but I agree with what you're saying. They had ample warning to go out and get him a better team, and as it was, they had the best record in the league a couple times while he was there, but they had an awful team.

May 3, 2002
A lot of crazy shit being said in this thread:

Okay lets talk about Jordans legacy: the fact that a lot of people disagree with how Jordan did it vs Kobe and Lebron. Jordan played with players that were drafted to the Bulls, and they built that team, not like Jordan was drafted and they instantly won championships. It took time to build and when they got to that level they were unbeatable, how many people thought that Horace Grant leaving would change the team? It didn't, they got other players throughout the years that fit in as role players, not another dominant force. Jordan and Pippen were both drafted to Chicago and played the key roles on that dynasty.

Kobe, had he not had Shaq would not have been a force, but they created a dynasty, then when Shaq left they weren't shit, so they went and got Gason and were on top again.

Lebron had his chance, but yeh Cleveland had a chance to get Amare when he was a dominant force, instead they got Jamison. Cleveland had opportunities to make the team better, but got lesser players.

The biggest issue I have with Lebron is his copying Garnet with the baby powder throwing before games in Cleveland and making it his trademark, and 'the decision', the way he made it a soap opera and claiming to win championship after championship.

San Antonio is the closest to the Bulls dynasty because it is a team that they built without big trades and made it work, by keeping players together, that is what makes a dynasty.

Feb 2, 2006
im surprised that crampgate aka LeBron didn't hold a espn propaganda tv special when he decided to return to the cavs

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I thought he retired? I guess not.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ________
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`\