McNabb going to Washington

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
The Philadelphia Eagles have reached agreement on a blockbuster intra-division trade that will send perennial Pro Bowl quarterback Donovan McNabb to the Washington Redskins, according to multiple sources close to the situation.

The two sides still must finalize language, but McNabb is now headed to Washington. Sources said the deal involved the Redskins' second-round pick in the 2010 draft and either a third- or fourth-round pick next year, depending on several factors.

The move means the Redskins now have a new starting quarterback and the Eagles have a new one as well in Kevin Kolb. Michael Vick is now in line as the team's backup.

Earlier, sources said McNabb's contract, which has one year and $11.2 million left on it, scared off several other teams. McNabb is due a $6.2 million roster bonus on May 5 and is scheduled to become a free agent after the 2010 season.

At the league meetings, head coach Andy Reid said the Eagles were listening to offers for all three quarterbacks, including 11-year veteran McNabb, who quickly said on his Web site that he wanted a quick resolution to the trade conversations.

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Just saw this..why would they trade him to a division rival?
i dunno, i swear the Eagles said they wouldnt trade him to a division rival. Oh well, I dont think the Redskins are gonna be that good. Even with mike shanahan, the redskins still have subpar pass protection and subpar receivers.

Jul 29, 2002
so would u rather the raiders go after jason campbell??? cuz now that campbell's pretty much out of a job with the redskins they're saying the raiders have interest

the problem 4 the raiders getting mcnabb was that he didnt want 2 be here and he would not sign an extension, so it was best that we didnt rent him 4 a year.....

Jun 9, 2007
The Raiders are gonna end up with Campbell or Sage Rosenfels and it'll be yet another year of misery for them and their fans.

But yall should be used to that by now.

Jul 25, 2007
This trade is a good move for the redskins. I wonder how this will change the draft. There were rumors of the skins trading up to get Bradford and he was going to visit but most importantly, this increases Chris Cooley and Santana Moss's fantasy value.

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
This is weak. Philly treated McNabb like shit from Day 1 and he's played great. Just never won the Bowl. This is some cold shit, they through him out like yesterdays trash on Easter Sunday to Washington? wow.

May 3, 2002
I was hoping we would get him but fuck him for not wanting to come here (really can't blame him for how bad we've been but we need someone to turn this disgruntled organization around) ohh well looks like we're gonna give New England one helluva pick next year if we don't do something drastic

Feb 23, 2004
maybe the eagles know something about there ex QB than anybody else like his weaknesses so why not send him to a team there going to play more than once..this could be a good move for the eagles... they could get good players with all those picks plus next years picks, or move up on the draft you never knw..interesting only time well tell if it was worth it.. with that said im glad the niners dont have to play mcnabb and the eagles in candlestick...i feel better facing kolb and eagles lol