LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
Bryant missing shots at historic rate
November, 5, 2014
1:08PM ET

By ESPN Stats & Information | ESPN.com

Maybe Kobe Bryant is trying to make up for all of the shots he didn’t take while injured last season. Or maybe he’s trying to take enough shots to justify his $23.5 million salary. Whatever the reason, Bryant is shooting – and missing -- at a historically high rate.

It’s early in the season, of course, so the small-sample-size caveat is in effect. But through five games, Bryant’s 25.5 shots per 36 minutes would rank third in NBA history. The only player to average more shots per 36 minutes was Wilt Chamberlain, in 1961-62 (29.3) and 1962-63 (26.2).

But whereas Chamberlain shot better than 50 percent from the field in his seasons of greatest usage, Bryant is shooting 40.2 percent.

On Tuesday night, Bryant attempted 37 field goals (and missed 23). His usage rate exceeded 40 percent for the third time in five games this season. His season-long usage rate of 38.6 percent rivals his career high of 38.7 in 2005-06, when he averaged 35.4 points.

And the Lakers are 0-5.

Heading into Sunday’s game against the Hornets, Bryant is 25 missed shots from tying the NBA mark for most misses in a career. Former Celtics great John Havlicek missed 13,417 shots in 1,270 games (10.6 misses a game). Bryant has missed 13,369 in 1,250 games (10.7 per game). This season, Bryant is missing an average of 14.6 shots a game. At this pace, the record will be his Nov. 11 at Memphis.

Props: :ab: and :ab:

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
kind of amusing to watch the lake show crash and burn. lol @kobe shooting hella shots and missing at a historic rate

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
Kobe Bryant sets mark for misses
November 11, 2014, 11:59 PM ET
By Baxter Holmes | ESPN.com

MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Kobe Bryant made history Tuesday, setting the NBA record for missed field goals.

The Los Angeles Lakers star set the mark with 6:22 left in the fourth quarter of a 107-102 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies, when he missed a 14-foot fadeaway jumper from the left side, giving him 13,418 career missed field goals, one more than Boston Celtics legend John Havlicek.

Asked about the record, Bryant, who scored a game-high 28 points on 10-of-26 shooting and finished with 13,421 misses for his career, smiled and said he wasn't aware of it.

"Nah, I don't follow that stuff, man," he said.

How does he explain setting the mark?

"Well, I'm a shooting guard that's played 19 years," he said, shrugging and smiling. He later added, "Like I said, 'shooting' guard, 19th year."

Bryant, in his 19th NBA season, entered the game 13 missed field goals shy of the record. The 36-year-old guard now stands ahead of Havlicek, Elvin Hayes (13,296), Karl Malone (12,682), Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (12,470) and Michael Jordan (12,345).

"I don't care about it, to be honest with you," Bryant said. "It is what it is. I remember when I was a kid and I watched Michael shoot 49 times in an NBA Finals game. Can you imagine if I did that and lost? Puts things in perspective."

Bryant has missed at least 20 shots in 44 games, the fourth-most such games in NBA history, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

Havlicek had 25 such games in his career, 10th all-time.

"You've got to step up and play, man," Bryant said. "You can't worry about criticism. You can't worry about failure. You really can't worry about that stuff.

"You've got to go out and figure that out and play and do the best you can, and whatever happens, happens. You can't be held captive by the fear of failure or the fear of what people may say."

Lakers coach Byron Scott wasn't all that interested in talking about the subject when asked at the team's shootaround, cutting off a reporter during a question about it.

"I don't care about that crap and I'm sure he doesn't either," Scott said. "I don't mean to cut you off, but to me it speaks of his aggressiveness and his longevity."

Scott defended Bryant against critics who say the shooting guard shoots too much.

"It's almost damned if you do, damned if you don't. The games that he don't take shots, people ask why didn't he take more shots," Scott said. "He can't win neither way, which is unbelievable to me for a guy who gives it everything he's got every single time he's on the floor.

"It's unfortunate because he is one of the greatest competitors that we've seen in a long time. I take all that stuff with a grain of salt and I'm sure he does, too, because the bottom line to him is championships."

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
its pretty unfathomable how bad the mighty lakers have been these past few years. I'm not talking rebuilding bad, i'm talking terrible no chance in hell bad. I attribute it to two things, imo of course, in this order

1. The death of Dr. Buss really fucked this team up and its going to take a long time to recover. His son and daughter cant hold a candle to him. And Kupchak as a GM is nothing more than a yes man.

2. Nobody wants to play with Kobe.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2013
Kobe Bryant joins 32,000-point club
ATLANTA -- Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant broke through the 32,000 career-point barrier against the Atlanta Hawks here Tuesday, joining an elite group that includes only three others: Michael Jordan, Karl Malone and Kareem-Abdul Jabbar.

Most Points in NBA History
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 38,387
Karl Malone 36,928
Michael Jordan 32,292
Kobe Bryant 32,001
In his 19th season, the 36-year-old Bryant entered Tuesday leading the league in scoring at 27.3 points per game -- and he stood just 27 points shy of the mark.

The shooting guard was well on his way to reaching it after scoring 19 in the first half on 6-of-9 shooting from the field.

In front of a road crowd that cheered for him every time he touched the ball, Bryant finally broke through late in the fourth quarter on a fadeaway jumper. He was fouled on the shot and made the free throw, giving the Lakers a 108-102 lead.

"Well, it means a lot," Bryant said. "I can’t stress how much work it is just to be in this position, to be able to get out there and play. It’s a lot of work, man. And over 19 years, that’s really where I take enjoyment from it, is the process. It’s a lot of work over 19 years. It feels good to be able to have that accomplishment."

Bryant's next target for a record is Jordan, who entering Tuesday stood 319 points ahead of Bryant for third place on the NBA's all-time scoring list.

Asked if he has heard chatter that he's gunning for Jordan's spot on the list, Bryant said: "There’s always something. Especially with me. First it’s, I can’t come back and play. Now I’m playing and now it’s, well, I’m not playing well enough. Well, you just said that I’d be in a wheelchair and I wouldn’t be able to play at all. So there’s always something. I don’t even waste my time trying to shut people up."

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
Kobe Bryant of Los Angeles Lakers has torn rotator cuff - ESPN Los Angeles

SAN ANTONIO -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant suffered a torn rotator cuff in his right shoulder in the second half of Wednesday night's loss to the New Orleans Pelicans, an MRI exam revealed Thursday.

The Lakers announced that Bryant will return to Los Angeles and will be examined by team doctors Friday instead of playing that night against the Spurs. The team said an update on Bryant's condition would be issued then.

Bryant suffered the tear with 4:14 left in the third quarter against the Pelicans when he drove baseline for a two-handed dunk.

"It felt fine when I went up, didn't feel too good when I came down," Bryant said after the game.

He grabbed his shoulder as he ran back down the court and checked out of the game a few minutes later.

Bryant checked back in with five minutes left in the fourth quarter and immediately favored his shoulder. He tried to rebound and dribble with his left hand, but it became clear something was wrong when he shot and made a turnaround 14-foot jumper with just his left hand.

"Obviously after I saw that everything he did was with the left hand, I knew then, let's get him out of there," Lakers coach Byron Scott said after the game.

It's unclear what the injury means for Bryant's status going forward. Scott spoke to reporters at practice Thursday before knowing the MRI results, and he declined to state any plans without knowing those results.

Bryant downplayed the issue after Wednesday night's game.

"I've played on a torn labrum before," Bryant said after scoring 14 points in 30 minutes. "I'm not too concerned about it."

Scott said after the game that, depending on the MRI results, Bryant would continue to play in spots and on a minutes limit. It's expected that Bryant will play even more sparingly now as the Lakers work to preserve him for next season, his 20th in the NBA and the final year of his contract with the team.

Nov 18, 2010
Salute to corinthian for riding with his team through the dirt, I dont see one other lakers fan in this thread, pretty sad for a Cali rap site lol

But ya still fuck the lakers & kobe