The Siccness Network

Go Back   The Siccness Network > >

Sports Center Discussions on the NBA, NFL, MLB, NCAA, NHL, etc...

User Tag List

Old 01-13-2016, 12:27 AM   #1
Unknownn
Sicc OG

Propped 574 Times in 317 Posts
LA Rams and Los Angeles SuperChargers

So, the Chargers have not accepted yet? The bid?

The offer, I believe, was Rams + Chargers. What's the hold up? It's already done.
LA Rams
LA Chargers.

Great for the NFL, Great for the city to have an AFC and NFC team.
Facility will hold NFL Draft and NFL Combine as well as future Superbowls.

Thoughts, reactions, etc...
Unknownn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 01:00 AM   #2
Rasan
Producer

Location: Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California, West Coast
Propped 14,777 Times in 4,075 Posts
its not over....
Rasan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To Rasan:
Old 01-13-2016, 07:29 AM   #3
Unknownn
Sicc OG

Oh yeah, getting closer.

"The NFL officially approved the Rams to return to the city where they played for 49 years before leaving after the 1994 season, and Los Angeles should know soon whether the Chargers will join them this fall."
Old 01-13-2016, 07:49 AM   #4
Coach E. No
Jesus es Numero Uno

Propped 4,570 Times in 2,096 Posts
I have a hard time picturing the raiders moving somewhere outside California, but San Antonio seems to think they can get them
Coach E. No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 08:07 AM   #5
Fucky McFuckerson
Sicc OG

Propped 9,209 Times in 3,290 Posts
Nothing is final until the meetings in March is my understanding. And even then, they arent moving until next the 2017 season, correct?
Fucky McFuckerson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To Fucky McFuckerson:
Old 01-13-2016, 09:07 AM   #6
BUTCHER 206
Mediocre Negro

Propped 17,298 Times in 10,329 Posts
Moving teams around is beyond fucked. Fuck the NFL
BUTCHER 206 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To BUTCHER 206:
Old 01-13-2016, 09:07 AM   #7
Mr. Nice Guy
Sicc OG

Propped 2,151 Times in 808 Posts
City of LA does not want the Raiders because of their fan base which is ultimately why the Raiders bowed out.

St Louis should have never left LA in the first place and it makes sense in terms of the geography for the NFC West for them to be back in LA.

The Chargers on the other hand have no business moving out of SD. Coming from a Sonics fan that is still pissed about them leaving almost 10 years later, moving the Chargers out of SD is fucked up.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:21 AM   #8
2-0-Sixx
Sicc OG

Propped 28,654 Times in 10,207 Posts
Going from no teams to two teams doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I realize LA is massive but I have doubts they can consistently sell out home games every week. Doesn't seem like a lot of people care.
2-0-Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To 2-0-Sixx:
Old 01-13-2016, 09:44 AM   #9
troythemac
Deep Slumps

Propped 3,869 Times in 1,737 Posts
Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by BUTCHER_206 View Post
Moving teams around is beyond fucked. Fuck the NFL
Is this why you're not an nba fan anymore cause they moved the sonics?
troythemac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To troythemac:
Old 01-13-2016, 09:46 AM   #10
Fucky McFuckerson
Sicc OG

Propped 9,209 Times in 3,290 Posts
Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by 2-0-Sixx View Post
Going from no teams to two teams doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I realize LA is massive but I have doubts they can consistently sell out home games every week. Doesn't seem like a lot of people care.
They dont care now, but wait until they actually get the team(s) there. Its the same as Seattlites and the NBA: fuck em until we get our Sonics back.
Fucky McFuckerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:49 AM   #11
BUTCHER 206
Mediocre Negro

Propped 17,298 Times in 10,329 Posts
Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by troythemac View Post
Is this why you're not an nba fan anymore cause they moved the sonics?
I'm a Spurs fan, and have been for awhile because Tim Duncan is my favorite player of all time. I just haven't felt like watching it the past couple years cause its trash, theres no parity and no competition in the NBA i swear they dont even play hard like 90% of the time and any game can easily be changed by calling fouls at the end. It's also very easy to stack a team wtih a bunch of all stars. Its a shitty sport tbh
BUTCHER 206 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To BUTCHER 206:
Old 01-13-2016, 09:59 AM   #12
Coach E. No
Jesus es Numero Uno

There's as much parity in the NBA as there is in the NFL. But I have to agree, NBA gets boring for some reason to me even though I love basketball.

Chargers being anywhere other than SD makes no sense and they have no fans outside SD for the most part. I'm curious to see if there really are Rams fans still in LA. I hope they go back to the old school uniforms. I'm glad they're moving back personally and it only helps the NFC west as far as travel time.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:35 PM   #13
Mr. Nice Guy
Sicc OG

Propped 2,151 Times in 808 Posts
Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by BUTCHER_206 View Post
I'm a Spurs fan, and have been for awhile because Tim Duncan is my favorite player of all time. I just haven't felt like watching it the past couple years cause its trash, theres no parity and no competition in the NBA i swear they dont even play hard like 90% of the time and any game can easily be changed by calling fouls at the end. It's also very easy to stack a team wtih a bunch of all stars. Its a shitty sport tbh

I totally agree about the effort in NBA. At some point in the late 90s or early 2000s guys started realizing that it didn't make sense to bust their ass in the regular reason and that playoffs are all that really mattered. Once 1 guy figured it out, the concept spread like wildfire across the NBA. The risk reward of playing at 100%, diving for balls, taking hard fouls, doesn't make that much sense.

I disagree about parity though. I hate parity, that is my least favorite thing about the NFL. I like dynasties and dominating teams.

In the NFL its a lot more exciting when a 12-1 team goes up against at 13-0 team than when an 6-6 team goes up against at 5-7 team.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 04:30 PM   #14
Cut-Throat
Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!

Propped 18,039 Times in 5,376 Posts
Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by Coach E. No View Post
There's as much parity in the NBA as there is in the NFL. But I have to agree, NBA gets boring for some reason to me even though I love basketball.

Chargers being anywhere other than SD makes no sense and they have no fans outside SD for the most part. I'm curious to see if there really are Rams fans still in LA. I hope they go back to the old school uniforms. I'm glad they're moving back personally and it only helps the NFC west as far as travel time.
ive been in LA since october for work and this is what is everone is sayin down here....

the rams are a no brainer to come here, and will be playing in the coliseum next year until there stadium is built...

the chargers want to come and will share a stadium. 35% of charger season ticket olders are from orange county, so they will remain faithful, but will the remaining fans drive from san diego to inglewood to support the chargers after they have abandoned the city, likely not. so the chargers would have to sell their tickets much cheaper than the rams, much like the clippers used to do, or even when the kings gave tix to laker season tix holders, red flag.

the raiders bring nothin financially to the table except the 100 mill the nfl gives them. and unless davis hits the power ball, the raiders are gone to the highest bidder, oakland isnt even gonna humor asking tax payers for money while they are still paying off Mt. Davis...

1:56] david_carradine: I dont think anyone would fake being jewish lol

[QUOTE=PlinkoPlayer;6248606]I DONT TOLERATE DISREPECT. ITS NOT HOW I WAS RAISED. NOW IM MAKING WISER BUSINESS MOVES. DONT PAT MY HEAD THEN TELL ME WE'RE PLAYING DUCK DUCK GOOSE. IN THE MOB THE LOSER OF HEADS UP 7 UP HAD TO GET SHOT BECAUSE THATS THE ENVIRONMENT THAT IM FROM. I DONT EXPECT ANOTHER MAN TO LOOK AT ME BECAUSE THAT IS HOMOSEXUAL AND U CAN MEET ME ON MY BLOC IF U THINK I AM A HOMOSEXUAL MAN BUT I DO 1300 PUSHUPS EVERY MORNING JUST.FOR U RAP GROUPIES. MY FAVORITE BREAD IS BANANA NUT BREAD BECAUSE THAT WAS THE BAKERYS SPECIALTY IN THE ENVIRONMENT IM FROM. DONT TELL ME MARY HAD A LITTLE LAMB IF U NEVER SPENT A DAY WITH THE WOLVES OR I.CAN MEET YOU FASTER THAN HARRY MET SALLY.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Cut-Throat; 01-13-2016 at 04:38 PM.
Cut-Throat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To Cut-Throat:
Old 01-13-2016, 04:51 PM   #15
Coach E. No
Jesus es Numero Uno

Good info. I lived in SD from 04-07, and they were trying to get a new stadium then and the city got worse and worse financially as far as the City of San Diego government. They were gonna move to Chula Vista, then Carlsbad was a rumor if I remember, now this. Very few people I knew in SD wanted to spend city money on a stadium. A significant portion of people in SD are not originally from there, so that probably doesn't help.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:50 PM   #16
Mike Manson
Sausage Tycoon

Propped 11,560 Times in 3,040 Posts
As a Packers fan, I'm just glad that this moving around shit could never happen to my team...
Old 01-13-2016, 06:25 PM   #17
2-0-Sixx
Sicc OG

Propped 28,654 Times in 10,207 Posts
Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
I totally agree about the effort in NBA. At some point in the late 90s or early 2000s guys started realizing that it didn't make sense to bust their ass in the regular reason and that playoffs are all that really mattered. Once 1 guy figured it out, the concept spread like wildfire across the NBA. The risk reward of playing at 100%, diving for balls, taking hard fouls, doesn't make that much sense.

I disagree about parity though. I hate parity, that is my least favorite thing about the NFL. I like dynasties and dominating teams.

In the NFL its a lot more exciting when a 12-1 team goes up against at 13-0 team than when an 6-6 team goes up against at 5-7 team.
Yeah I started falling out of love with the NBA even before the Sonics left, you could literally see the change in the game for the worst in just a few seasons. Added to what you said, the penalities just got out of control, rule changes and lack of defense, not too mention the obvious fixing games that I witnessed just killed it for me. Sonics leaving was the icing on the cake.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:34 AM   #18
Unknownn
Sicc OG

They'll be playing at the Coliseum next season is what I just heard on ESPN Radio
Old 01-14-2016, 02:35 AM   #19
Unknownn
Sicc OG

Basically, Kronke fucked the Chargers lol. This all happened because originally SD wanted/needed to move and his proposal and JJ's proposal just was there to override SD and every other SD proposal just to get his team in the LA market.
Sorry for confusion, Im typing summary of what Im hearing on radio
Old 01-15-2016, 02:29 PM   #20
Rumpelstiltskin
Sicc OG

Propped 1,836 Times in 743 Posts
Not a football fan, but I'm happy to have a team back in LA.
Generally good for the county if they start winning.