LA Rams and Los Angeles SuperChargers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2006
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
agree

but raiders are in trouble when they move to las vegas
it won't be a home field advantage too many transients and tourists
I grew up in Vegas, Vegas is a Raider town, a bunch of 9er fans there also. I go back every few months and still see Raider hats and jerseys every where I go.

You would be surprised how many people are actually from Vegas. Plus with Vegas only being a 4 hour drive from LA I know them SoCal Raider fans will make the drive.

I currently live in Phoenix and Phoenix is a city full of transients from all over the country and the Cardinals and Suns have no problems filling their venue with their own fans even with their teams being pretty shitty for the better part of the last 30 years.

troythemac

Deep Slumps
Feb 13, 2013
Man, must be rough to be a chargers fan right about now. Even if it's getting more and more implausible by the day, I'm still hoping the raiders stay in Oakland

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
The good thing is Raider fans will stick around. The Charger subreddit is purging fans right now, their official Facebook page has already dropped 50k people etc.

The top post on the Raider subreddit is

"If The Raiders move to Vegas this will be the freeway every weekend"

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Chargers are paying a $650 million relocation fee to move to LA, ain't no moving back in 2 years lol
Which is retarded because Dean could have used that same money to build a stadium here.

Man, must be rough to be a chargers fan right about now. Even if it's getting more and more implausible by the day, I'm still hoping the raiders stay in Oakland
It's pretty surreal. But I've been mentally preparing for this scenario since fall 2015 when the rumblings began that the Chargers wanted a stadium or they would go L.A. I was a die hard fan, but I was also a realist. I understood our shortcomings which the source was the Spanos family. San Diego is in mourning right now.

lol the LA Times is shitting on the Chargers too. Article even brings up how retarded the Chargers and the NFL are gonna look when the Raiders come through every year and the stadium is full of silver and black.

Chargers shouldn't look for a welcome wagon in L.A. - LA Times
San Diego and Los Angeles are rivals, I just cant see how this is going to work.

Raiders will return to LA when Chargers return to Dago in 2 years
I have a theory that Dean is planning to sell the team and by bolting to L.A. this will increase the value. This move just does not make any sense to me.

As far as watching the NFL, I think I am done.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
They have 10 years to pay 550 milli, if at all lol

$1 rent makes that quite easy
Cause the guy who didn't want to spend $350 million of his own money for a new stadium and has allowed numerous top picks to spend training camp locked out due to being stingy is just gonna randomly be the guy to throw away $65 million dollars a year over 10 years to turn around and move back in 2 years with zero stadium plan still in place in San Diego. Makes total sense.

Also the stadium he's moving in to in LA won't even be open for almost 3 years, why would he move before the stadium that is going to triple the value of his team is even open? lol

May 9, 2002
Probably get more into ncaa football and follow the Aztecs heavily. They had a pretty decent season. Even before this happened, I really wasn't watching the nfl that much this season anyway. Just doesn't feel the same imo.
Yeah once they left, i got into CBB way more...havent watched an NBA game since. I follow a few players on twitter, only because they were Huskies (IT, Ross).

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I have a theory that Dean is planning to sell the team and by bolting to L.A. this will increase the value. This move just does not make any sense to me.

As far as watching the NFL, I think I am done.
Your theory is on point. Someone who works for the team said (off the record) the plan is to sell the team in 3-5 years. It will be worth billions more.

Sports are only about money end dot period

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Chargers new headquarters is an old lima bean factory in Costa Mesa, they signed a 10 year lease on it lol
I respect that more (recycling space) than building on virgin ground. Whenever the next intelligent species comes along, they are going to see rubble all over the place and wonder what kind of dumbass builds on top of all the soil.....that was intended to sustain mammals through food source production.....Humans, smart enough to use a thumb, dumb enough to ruin everything in it's path.