Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston for Isaiah Thomas and Others

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
This was a big one that hardly anyone saw coming including myself...

I still think Cleveland's at a slight disadvantage given LeBrons almost certain permanent vacation next season coming leaving two undersized guards in their backcourt (as much as I love Isaiah) and as talented as Rose is, we all know he isn't the player he once used to be in Chicago.

As for Boston they got a stacked starting backcourt in Hayward and now Irving. The only minor issue I could see coming to fruition might be in who governs the thrown within the offense given that both players are centerpiece's and Kyrie did express that he wanted the freedom to finally be that man minus playing alongside a LeBron or I could be wrong and the two might just compliment each other even more so...

Opinion's aside, it'll be interesting to see how this pan's out within the season nonetheless.

Props: :ab: and :ab:

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
boston didn't want to sign thomas to the max and needed to move crowder as well, so this wasn't as bad as it seems for them. Cleveland clearly won this trade tho IMO

maaaybe brad stevens can max kyrie's skills and make him not just a me-first player, but I doubt it

boston Cleveland series during reg season and the offs will be epic. boston will lose but still, fun to watch

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
boston didn't want to sign thomas to the max and needed to move crowder as well, so this wasn't as bad as it seems for them.
Ah I wasn't up on the Thomas/Crowder situation, makes more sense that they'd fleece Thomas off to Cleveland whilst adding another chess piece in Kyrie...

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
Interesting trade. I feel like long term it works out for both teams.

That 1st rd pick could really swing the trade. Its likely to be top 8. No one expects Brooklyn to be any good

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
Just read a good point. The Celtics had no problem trading away a guy that played the day after his sister died to help the team in the playoffs, but people get mad when players aren't "loyal" and leave on their own in free agency. lol
when nba players get traded, it's just a business. but if the players want to decide their own destiny, they have no loyalty

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
how did the Cavs win? Lebron and Thomas are gone after next season
crowder is an above average defender (IMO) and helps with the cavs' depth

cavs also received zizic, who they can flip in a trade deal (cavs had no pieces for a trade because they leveraged the house trying to please lebron)

the nets pick could be really high pick, and the draft is posed to be really deep in 2018 (cavs had no picks because they were trying to please lebron). the nets pick for this year draft went number one, 76ers traded to get this pick)

apparently the cavs luxury tax burden will go down (dan gilbert only cares about this tho)

basically more upside for the cavs, in the short and long term IMO

Jan 18, 2006
crowder is an above average defender (IMO) and helps with the cavs' depth

cavs also received zizic, who they can flip in a trade deal (cavs had no pieces for a trade because they leveraged the house trying to please lebron)

the nets pick could be really high pick, and the draft is posed to be really deep in 2018 (cavs had no picks because they were trying to please lebron). the nets pick for this year draft went number one, 76ers traded to get this pick)

apparently the cavs luxury tax burden will go down (dan gilbert only cares about this tho)

basically more upside for the cavs, in the short and long term IMO
Im happy about this trade cuz this makes things much easier on us. We gonna smack the Cavs so badly now and also im glad i can enjoy watching Kyrie play now cuz i love his game but obviously cant stand the Cavs

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
Lol they asked the warriors if they would trade klay for kyrie
LOL they caught an L the same way Indiana did for Paul George.

Unselfish, two-way, all-star perimeter shooting guard that plays consistent lock down defense on the other end of the floor with strong on-court awareness, content with being the 3rd and at times 4th option.

Ball dominant, all-star combo guard, prefers isolation ball, doesn't play defense, has an expectation to be the main focal point-go to guy within the offense.

Dubs management too smart for that.

Last edited:
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz