Joey Porter arrested for assaulting police, dui

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 24, 2003
hes done. cardinals lost big. GOT EM!!!!

Cardinals’ Porter Is Arrested

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Published: March 27, 2010

The California Highway Patrol said the 33-year-old Porter was confronted by officers early Saturday in the parking lot of a fast-food restaurant.
Porter refused to provide his driver’s license and began to roll up his window when asked to leave the car. When an officer reached to unlock the door, the police said, Porter slapped the officer’s hand.
Porter, an 11-year veteran, recently signed with Arizona. He has played for Pittsburgh and Miami.

----------------------
espn
Updated: March 27, 2010, 11:19 PM ET
Porter suspected of drunken driving

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- Authorities say NFL linebacker Joey Porter has been arrested in Bakersfield on suspicion of drunken driving and accused of assaulting an officer and resisting arrest.

The California Highway Patrol said Porter was confronted by officers early Saturday in a fast-food parking lot.

Porter, 33, refused to provide his driver's license and began to roll up his window when asked to leave the car. Police say that when an officer reached to unlock the door Porter slapped the officer's hand.
Porter eventually got out and complied with orders, placing his hands behind his back. He and a passenger were arrested.
The 11-year veteran recently signed signed a three-year, $17.5 million deal with the Arizona Cardinals. He also has played for Pittsburgh and Miami.
The Cardinals released a statement Saturday: "The team is aware of the incident. We are in the process of gathering all of the facts concerning it and won't comment further until that's completed."
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
----------------------------
seattle p.i.

Saturday, March 27, 2010
Cardinals' Porter arrested for DUI
Bakersfield, CA (Sports Network) - Arizona Cardinals linebacker Joey Porter was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence early Saturday in his hometown of Bakersfield, California.
The 33-year-old Pro-Bowler was charged with DUI, battery on a police officer and resisting arrest, according to the Bakersfield Californian.
Porter's alleged incident began just after 1 a.m. Pacific time when the California Highway Patrol pulled him over in a Taco Bell parking lot.
Apparently, the officers smelled alcohol on Porter's breath and asked him for his license, which he refused. The linebacker then got out of the car in a confrontational matter and the CHP took Porter into custody after he failed to comply with the officers' requests.
No further details have since been reported.
Porter spent the last three seasons with Miami and racked up 41 tackles and nine sacks in 14 games last season, all starts.
-------------------
Cardinals Joey Porter Arrested

March 27, 2010

NFL’s Joey Porter, who recently signed a 3 year contract with the Arizona Cardinals reportedly worth $17.5 million, was arrested outside a Taco Bell this morning. He was charged with 3 misdemeanors: DUI, resisting arrest and assault on an officer.
According to the California Highway Patrol, Joey was driving in a Taco Bell parking lot in his home town of Bakersfield when a friend of his was was stopped by police.
TMZ reports:
According to officials, Porter pulled up near the action - too close apparently — because a CHP officer rolled over to his car, where he detected the smell of alcohol coming from Porter’s car.
Cops say the officer asked for Porter’s driver’s license, but he refused to hand it over. … instead, officials say, the 33-year-old tried to roll up his window.
Cops say the officer tried to reach in the car to manually unlock the car — and that’s when Porter “slapped” the officer’s hand away.
According to the CHP, the officer decided to grab Porter’s arm — and that’s when things got crazy. Porter allegedly got out of his car “in a confrontational manner.”
The officer claims he drew his pistol and ordered Porter to the ground, but he wouldn’t comply — though he did ultimately agree to place his hands behind his head.
Additional officers were called to the scene to aid in the arrest.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
like cops are so fuckin sacred... you lay one finger on one of them motherfuckers and they gonna have your ass sittin in a cell

if I reached out to shake a cope hand he'd probably say some shit like it looked like I had a knife and was trying to stab him or some bullshit

Nov 15, 2007
charges for assaulting an officer will get droped... porter is a dumb ass, either way im glad to have him and all the 9er fans just hateing cuz he didnt sign with you!!!!

GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

^^yup, thats why i tell em exactly what im doing like "my wallet is in my backpack, im gonna get it out"...good thing i said that too...they made me come out the car, bring my backup out...had another officer come and open my backpack to take my wallet out...

i do that with everything now tho..like, "im takin my belt off" or "im getting the registration out of the glove compartment."

like Richard Pryor said..."I don't wanna be no mothafuckin accident"

poet

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
sittin on seventeen and a half mills on top of what he's already stacked with and this dude's driving himself to gourmet-ass taco bell. AND he slaps an officer's hand. the league will drop you over some shit like that. isnt it crazy how one emotional response can cost you seventeen-plus million..

poet

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
exactly. you'd have to be a stupid rich dude to get caught driving while drunk. i.e. mel gibson. and lidnsey lohan, how does that bitch not have a driver when she's out partying? i like her a lot, but i would like her a lot less if she kills herself or someone else simply because she hit the club.

Aug 24, 2003
CHP Investigates NFL Brutality Allegation
Posted Mar 30th 2010 11:59AM by TMZ Staff
The deputy who arrested NFL star Joey Porter is under investigation for alleged brutality ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.
As we previously reported, the Arizona Cardinals linebacker was busted during a traffic stop at a Taco Bell in Bakersfield, CA over the weekend.
Porter was busted for allegedly slapping the deputy's hand away as the deputy tried to unlock Joey's car door. Joey claims the deputy manhandled him, striking him in the face.
Now we've learned CHP has launched an Internal Affairs investigation into the deputy's conduct.
UPDATE: TMZ spoke with Porter's agent, Jeff Sperbeck, who tells us, "It's unfortunate that Joey has to endure the negative fallout surrounding this investigation."
Sperbeck added, "Joey has always been respectful and supportive of law enforcement in Bakersfield; the fact that one officer acted inappropriately will not change his views. We are confident that Joey will be exonerated from any wrong doing after all the facts have been reviewed."
------------
Joey Porter's wife, lawyer take aim at CHP
Posted by Mike Florio on March 30, 2010 6:17 AM ET
Two days after Cardinals linebacker Joey Porter was busted on multiple charges in his hometown of Bakersfield, his wife and his lawyer (two different people) have spoken out on his behalf.
"There's two sides to every story," Christy Porter said, per BakersfieldNow.com. "We're here to kind of put out the fire of all the allegations that has been made against him. They are false, and we're looking to exonerate his name 100 percent."
We'll agree that there are two sides to every story. But we'd prefer to hear from, you know, the guy who was there. Christy Porter wasn't.
Christy Porter said that her husband couldn't address the situation because he was on his way to Arizona for offseason workouts. Apparently, Joey Porter owns no cell phone, and/or there are no media outlets in Phoenix.
Meanwhile, lawyer Daniel Rodriguez proclaims that Porter is wrongly accused, extending to 12,534,632 the streak of lawyers who tell the media upon being hired that their client didn't do it. (Top that, DiMaggio.) Rodriguez claims that the arresting officer "hit Joey in the face."
Maybe the guy did. But, again, we'd prefer to hear it from the guy whose words can and will be used against him at trial.
-------------------
NFL Star Joey Porter Won't Face Charges
Posted Mar 31st 2010 3:30PM by TMZ Staff
NFL star Joey Porter is officially off the hook for allegedly slapping a deputy's hand away during a traffic stop last week.
The Kern County District Attorney's Office tells TMZ there was not enough evidence to move forward with the case -- in which Joey was facing three misdemeanors: DUI, resisting arrest and assault on a peace officer.
Joey was arrested in Bakersfield, CA on Friday, after an alleged confrontation with a California Highway Patrol deputy during a traffic stop in a Taco Bell parking lot.
As we first reported, the CHP launched an Internal Affairs investigation into the deputy that arrested Joey, after the Arizona Cardinals player claimed he was manhandled during the arrest.
-----------------
Updated: March 31, 2010, 9:04 PM ET
Porter won't face DUI charges
Charges Will Not Be Filed Against Porter
The district attorney's office said it will not file charges against Arizona Cardinals linebacker Joey Porter after his arrest on March 27Learn More » Report a bug » Feedback »
Charges Will Not Be Filed Against Porter
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- Kern County prosecutors say no charges will be filed against Arizona Cardinals linebacker Joey Porter in connection with his recent arrest on suspicion of DUI and resisting arrest.
Prosecutor Mark Pafford told The Bakersfield Californian that the district attorney's office does not believe there's a reasonable likelihood that a jury would find Porter guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
"Based upon the information that was provided to us by the CHP, we did not believe that there would be a reasonable likelihood that a jury would find Mr. Porter guilty beyond a reasonable doubt of the allegations. With this belief, we thought it was not appropriate for us to proceed," Supervising Deputy District Attorney Mark Pafford said.
Porter, 33, was arrested by the California Highway Patrol early Saturday in a fast-food restaurant parking lot in Bakersfield.
According to the CHP, Porter refused to provide his driver's license and began to raise his window when asked to leave the car. Police say that when an officer reached to unlock the door, Porter slapped the officer's hand.
Porter had alleged he was struck by the officer who arrested him Saturday, the Bakersfield Californian reported Wednesday.
The 11-year veteran recently signed with the Cardinals. He also has played for Pittsburgh and Miami.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
-------------------------
Porter's camp fires back at CHP in wake of NFL player's arrest

•Officer who arrested Joey Porter was also arrested for DUI
•DA won't bring drunk-driving charges against Joey Porter
Story Created: Mar 29, 2010 at 1:43 PM PDT
Story Updated: Mar 31, 2010 at 1:51 PM PDT
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- NFL linebacker Joey Porter has hired an attorney after his weekend arrest for allegedly driving drunk and resisting arrest.
On Monday, Christy Porter came to her husband's defense, and their attorney leveled allegations against the arresting officer.
Porter, one of the most successful athletes to hail from Bakersfield and a Foothill High School graduate, was arrested early Saturday in the parking lot of a Taco Bell in the northwest part of the city.
"There's two sides to every story," Christy Porter said at attorney Daniel Rodriguez' office. "We're here to kind of put out the fire of all the allegations that has been made against him. They are false, and we're looking to exonerate his name 100 percent."
The California Highway Patrol stopped a vehicle that was being driven by Porter's friend, and the football player stopped his vehicle behind the patrol car, according to a department news release.
One officer went to the friend who was pulled over, while another walked back to make contact with Porter. That's when the officer allegedly smelled alcohol coming from Porter's vehicle and asked for his license.
Porter allegedly refused to provide the license, and the officer directed Porter to exit vehicle. Porter reportedly responded by trying to roll up his window and slapped the officer's hand when the officer reached inside to unlock the door.
Rodriguez claimed that Officer Jeritt Greer was actually the aggressor, saying that he "hit Joey in the face."
The defense attorney also called the arresting officer's credibility into question by revealing that Greer had been arrested for drunk driving himself. Court documents show Greer was arrested in October by a Kern County Sheriff's deputy on the 2400 block of Cedar Street.
Meanwhile, Porter faces possible charges of misdemeanor drunk driving, resisting arrest and battery on a peace officer.
Christy Porter said her husband couldn't address the allegations personally on Monday, because he was headed to Arizona for off-season workouts with the Cardinals. Porter signed a three-year contract as a free agent with the Cardinals about a week ago.
--------

ahahaha joey porters smarter than i gave him credit for, seems like hes going to get that crooked ass pig fired! its funny how different things turn out with the police when you got money and lawyers! anybody else would still be sitting in a cell right now looking at real prison time for this bull shit, fucking crooked ass pigs