JaMarcus missed team meeting, but not Vegas

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 17, 2002
WWW.SICCNESS.NET
JaMarcus missed team meeting, but not Vegas

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 5, 2010 4:56 PM ET

Jamarcus Russell and Richard Seymour were the only two Raiders to miss the team's year-end meeting Monday.

Since coach Tom Cable gave Russell a hall pass, saying he was excused for "personal reasons," we weren't even sure the news was postworthy. Now it is.

Going on a tip from a commenter, Oakland Tribune columnist Cam Inman dialed the Palms in Las Vegas to see if Russell was checked in. He was. (Tip to JaMarcus: Use the name "Ron Mexico" next time.)

Russell is free to do anything he wants in his free time. Maybe he even had a legitimate excuse to miss the meeting, then book it to Vegas.

But considering his disastrous season, not to mention his compensation, we'd think Russell would make damn sure he completed his obligations to his team and show up for the meeting like everyone else before hitting the slot machines.

We would say this should be the last straw for Russell in Oakland, but let's be real. The man covering for him Monday, Tom Cable, is a lot less likely to be a Raider in 2010.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Just get him out of here!! Thats a waste of alot of money and a top pick but o Well.....Please get rid of him.....

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Man if he was really in Vegas then he needs to be cut immediately. That's a slap in the face to the Raiders organization, fans, etc...

Mar 16, 2005
i want to say something, but I cant, this lazy overpaid overhyped no talent having fat ass sack of suck helped kill denver on the road 2 season in a row now.

Dec 2, 2006
Man if he was really in Vegas then he needs to be cut immediately. That's a slap in the face to the Raiders organization, fans, etc...
the only way this is acceptable is if this is his only offseason vacation and he plans to get with a personal trainer all offseason and comeback around 250-260(i highly doubt it). although i want to cut him, it makes no sense to do it now because we still have to pay him three million. if he makes the final roster under his current contract he would get an additional 6.45 million. from a business standpoint, you have to bring him in and let atleast participate in preseason unless there is more behind the scenes than we are aware of, which may be the case...

Dec 4, 2006
That's fucking sad....shame on all of you raider fans that praised him..

You can not respect a motherfucker like him though..