***Golden State Warriors 2010-2011 Offseason Thread***

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Lottery is 2morrow.....Where are we picking...If we get #1 is Monte as good as gone? Because you know 1st pick is John Wall......

New Uniforms will be reavealed 2morrow also right?

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
ur still on that Monte tip huh???

The uniforms and new logo are rumored to be unveiled tomorrow, with the alternate roads being a gold jersey, similar to "The City" jerseys. No word on the regular road jerseys just yet.

heres the lowdown on the lottery situation. Right now the Warriors sit at pick #4, thus having the 4th best chance to get the 1st pick.

The NBA draft lottery will be held on Tuesday, May 18th at 6pm EST -- the teams most likely to land the #1 pick are the Nets (25%), Timberwolves (19.9%), and Kings (15.6%).
Following that group will be the Warriors (10.4%), Wizards (10.3%), 76ers (5.3%) and Pistons (5.3%). The Kings lost two more games than the Sixers this year, thereby improving their draft odds by 10.3%. It's no surprise the worst teams are often accused of taking a dive late in the season.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
ALSO

The Warriors will begin accepting bids for the franchise on Monday, as current owner Chris Cohan looks to cut his losses.
Four or five groups are expected to make offers. Among them will be Oracle CEO Larry Ellison, who lamented in January that "unfortunately you can't have a hostile takeover of a basketball team."

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
ur still on that Monte tip huh???

Yeah if we get a top pick Monta is as good as gone....Maybe either way....We will land some nice pickups this year...Either by trade or free agency....for some reason I think we will land Joe Jhonson....

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Offseason should be interesting. Lets not forget that Brandan Wright's option was picked up and Azubuike picked up his player option. We have a lot of talent coming back that was injured last year, and i hope everyone can stay healthy.

Feb 13, 2006
Hahha! I fuckin knew it. We were predicting the lotto at work and I predicted the 6th. Fuck all that behind the door shit. I want to see the ping-pong balls drop live!

Feb 15, 2003
There have been great players that weren't picked in the top 5 so I'm not too concerned with falling two spots... you just never know....... As long as we draft a solid player that is NBA ready i will be happy, I'm so sick of the Warriors drafting "projects".... please don't draft another skinny ass "big-man" and hope that he pans out in 3 years (Beidrins, Wright, Randolph, Patrick Obryant) ........

Nov 16, 2004
This is fucking bullshit, this secretive lottery system is fucking bullshit too. Behind doors lottery? HUH? Ain't no one worth picking at 6th, just going to be another project player. The talent from 1-4 is by far superior than 5-10...Wall, Turner, Favors and Cousins will be gone. After that it's just a bunch of scrubs.

Nov 10, 2006
damn...seems like nothing can go the warriors way....We were right there on the verge of something special a few years ago with the I believe team but Rowell messed it all up first getting rid of jrich then getting rid of Mullin.

There are 3 things I think the W's need to do to get rid of this bad luck:
1. Sell the team. We need new ownership. Hopefully Ellison
2. Get rid of Rowell. Actually get rid of the whole front office as well as coaches.
3. Get rid of Fitz. This is actually the most important issue and needs to be done first.