***Golden State Warriors 2010-2011 Offseason Thread***

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 10, 2006
damn...seems like nothing can go the warriors way....We were right there on the verge of something special a few years ago with the I believe team but Rowell messed it all up first getting rid of jrich then getting rid of Mullin.

There are 3 things I think the W's need to do to get rid of this bad luck:
1. Sell the team. We need new ownership. Hopefully Ellison
2. Get rid of Rowell. Actually get rid of the whole front office as well as coaches.
3. Get rid of Fitz. This is actually the most important issue and needs to be done first.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
The talent from 1-4 is by far superior than 5-10...Wall, Turner, Favors and Cousins will be gone. After that it's just a bunch of scrubs.
I wouldnt go that far.....

Last year

Curry went 7th
Jennings 10th
Jrue Holliday 17th
Ty Lawson 18th
Darrin Collison 21st
Taj Gibson 26th

Feb 13, 2006
(05-18) 20:49 PDT -- Oracle Corp. CEO Larry Ellison is among "more than a dozen" suitors who have submitted non-binding bids for the Warriors, a source close to the negotiations said Tuesday."He is a part of it," the source said.

According to another source, so are the San Francisco Giants, 24 Hour Fitness owner Mark Mastrov, an NFL owner, a former Lakers star and a group of prominent Chinese businesspeople, among others. Galatioto Sports Partners and Warriors owner Chris Cohan will choose the best prospects in the next week.

The top three or four will have access to the Warriors' financial records over the following month before the next phase of the sale begins.

Some people familiar with the bidding believe the offers are between $275 million and $350 million. Michael Jordan recently paid $275 million for the Charlotte franchise. Sources say Ellison hasn't moved from his original $315 million price tag.

Others who are part of the process say Cohan could get double what Jordan paid because the Bay Area's financial demographics and media market make it more valuable than Phoenix. The Suns were sold for $401 million in 2004 in a package with the franchise's WNBA and arena football teams.

Two factors that could hold down bids are the team's poor performance on the court and Cohan's financial problems. The Warriors have made the playoffs once in the past 16 seasons, and in March the team dropped prices for all returning season-ticket holders. The Internal Revenue Service said in 2007 that Cohan owed more than $160 million in back income taxes and penalties from the 1998 sale of a cable TV company.

The wide range of estimates, between $275 million and $550 million, made by sources during interviews could partly be explained by their specific interests in the bidding. Also, some bids factor in expenses like player payroll and arena fees, while other bids do not.

Golden State hired Galatioto in March to handle selling the franchise and to act as its exclusive financial adviser during the process.

"There has been good activity to buy" the Warriors, an NBA source said. "I'm sure they'll find a well-financed person who can run the team with a competitive basketball philosophy.

"The fans aren't going to be unhappy."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/05/18/SPSF1DGINK.DTL&tsp=1#ixzz0oLoLNfCP

Former Laker's star? The only person I can think of with that much guap is Magic. Correct if I'm wrong but isn't he a minority owner of the Lakers?

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
BTW, tonight's draft lottery was the last time the "current" Warriors logo will be seen. They havent announced a date yet for the new logo and jerseys to be unveiled, but obviously it will be before the draft.

Jul 25, 2007
BTW, tonight's draft lottery was the last time the Warriors logo will be seen. They havent announced a date yet for the new logo and jerseys to be unveiled, but obviously it will be before the draft.
Hopefully it will be the last time we are even a part of the draft lottery for awhile

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
We need a big man. The kid from Syracuse wesley johnson woudl be dope too, but lets keep it real... We would have 1-2-3 covered as always.... NO 4 or 5!!!!! We need to come out of this draft with a legit 4-5 position for sure.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
I know some of this was mentioned in a previous post, but nothing about the $$ amount offered for the warriors.

The Warriors have reportedly received more than 12 offers between $275 million and $350 million from groups interested in buying the team.
Oracle Corp. CEO Larry Ellison is the most popular bidder, and is said to be joined by groups like the San Francisco Giants, 24 Hour Fitness owner Mark Mastrov, an NFL owner, a former Lakers player, and a group of prominent Chinese businesspeople. The Warriors are expected to select a few of the best offers next week and give them access to the team's financial records as the next step in the sale process.