Ginobili stuffs KG - Block of the Year?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
I was watching the Lakers vs. Spurs about a week ago, and they were talking about Manu being a free agent. The one commentator said he didn't think the Spurs should offer him a long, big money contract. I wonder what will happen to this dude once free agency hits. He's a hell of a player.

Sep 17, 2005
Spurs have to hope noone offers him a long term deal. I could definitely see some idiot GM losing out on the superstars and then offering Manu 5 years. SA is lookin at givin him two years and a team option for the third.

Sep 17, 2005
Manu Ginobili(notes) and the San Antonio Spurs are close to reaching agreement on a three-year extension that would keep the guard from entering this summer’s heralded free-agent market, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

There are still a couple of significant issues to be resolved within the next 24 to 48 hours, but the two sides have established the framework of the extension – which could be a worth a total of up to $40 million over the three years – and think the deal could be completed by the end of the week. Ginobili’s agent, Herb Rudoy, is expected to meet with Spurs officials after the team returns from Phoenix.

Spurs chairman Peter Holt made it clear he wanted to re-sign Ginobili, even though the small-market franchise is expected to pay a luxury tax of about $10 million this season. Spurs coach Gregg Popovich and management also want to continue building the team around Ginobili in the wake of his strong play over the past two months.

Ginobili, 32, had last season cut short by a right ankle injury. He also was slowed by problems with his left foot in the 2008 playoffs and later needed surgery after aggravating the injury in the Beijing Olympics.

Since the All-Star break, however, Ginobili has re-established himself as one of the NBA’s most dynamic guards, averaging 23.4 points and 5.7 assists over the past 19 games.

Feb 14, 2004
40 mill for 3 years for a 32 year old. I don't know about that. He's been ballin lately, but I'm just worried about what'll happen in the long run. I just hope he can stay healthy and productive.

Sep 17, 2005
I know thats hella money, looks like Parker will be gone for sure after next year. The only thing that I can see is maybe the deal is back loaded with a team option for the last year(I hope)