David Stern to Jim Rome: "Do you still beat your wife?"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2006
classless act obviously he's a snake with the whole chris paul veto and the hornets getting #1 pick
now this wow

Jan 18, 2006
If Rome never has beat his wife then Stern loses by default by going completely off the subject and trying to throw a low blow. Only asshurt faggots try to resort to shit like that.

Sep 4, 2002
They are both stupid for saying anything....

What was Jim Rome expecting to hear when he asked Stern if its Fixed... To Say " oh yeah Its completely fixed" and Snitch on himself? If he says the lottery is Fixed its a federal crime. So I have no Idea why he would ask Stern that like he expected Stern to say its fixed..

And Stern is completely in the wrong for asking Rome if he beats his wife. I see the point Stern was making, but its not the the same nor fair to ask someone THAT. As the commissioner of the NBA he should be above saying shit like that.

Rome shoulda asked that question differently

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
If Rome never has beat his wife then Stern loses by default by going completely off the subject and trying to throw a low blow. Only asshurt faggots try to resort to shit like that.
I think u missed the point he was trying to make. He wasn't seriously asking if Jim Rome beat his wife. It was rhetorical question to make a point that Jim Rome shouldn't ask him questions which can be interpreted as false accusations. With that being said, I don't think David stern handled the situation the right way, and Rome didn't ask the question the right way to begin with.

Oct 11, 2009
I think u missed the point he was trying to make. He wasn't seriously asking if Jim Rome beat his wife. It was rhetorical question to make a point that Jim Rome shouldn't ask him questions which can be interpreted as false accusations. With that being said, I don't think David stern handled the situation the right way, and Rome didn't ask the question the right way to begin with.
AT THE SAME TIME IF A PLAYER/COACH/MARK CUBAN ASKED A RHETORICAL QUESTION REGARDING THE OFFICIATING STERN WOULD BE UP IN THEM POCKETS...

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Some of you dont seem to understand that "Do you still beat your wife?" is rhetorical, as in a reply to a question where both "yes" and "no" are both negative answers. It's rebuttal question/answer people have used for a long time. It's morons like the people that post those kind of stories under the headlines "Stern asks Rome if he beats his wife" at yahoo sports, and the dumbasses that quote it as fact and spread misinformation that annoy me. Everyone already knows Stern is a money grubbing cheat, and Rome's best years are way behind him.

Dec 12, 2006
Ya ya I feel that but Rome didn't ask did the NBA continue to fix the draft this time around, or anything that implied that the NBA had previously fixed the draft. Obviously Sterns reply (blank) that Rome beat his wife b4, but ya your right, Rome has no history of domestic abuse