College Football Playoffs

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
They start next year, but it might be a year too late. The top 4 teams in the nation this year look like they are going to run the table. What a mess it will be if they have 4 undefeated teams that are not only winning, but thoroughly dominating their opponents. 2 of those teams are going to be sorely disappointed when they dont end up in the NCG.

Fuck you NCAA and BCS committee.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I agree and disagree. Playoffs? We'll see how those pan out. I never liked the BCS system, but this is more about the NCAA generating money through the Playoff system than giving fair shot to championship. Sorry, but Oregon is not going to beat Bama, get real.

May 9, 2002
I agree and disagree. Playoffs? We'll see how those pan out. I never liked the BCS system, but this is more about the NCAA generating money through the Playoff system than giving fair shot to championship. Sorry, but Oregon is not going to beat Bama, get real.
Hell yes playoffs. They need to have the damn brackets like bball does. Its ridiculous how CFB is set up, has foe 100 years. BCS made it worse, becuase even though the computers are "stats only", style points count. Yes, that makes sense.

Oregon has their best team EVER this year. They are good. REAL good. And fast. Their DL averages 6'6". That is insane length at that position. They have 3 guys that are going to play on Sundays in the secondary. They have a likely Heisman winner at QB, and the most dangerous player in the nation in DAT. He missed 2 games, and they still averaged nearly 600 yards a game in total yardage. They have the 2nd best offense in the nation. They have a top 10 defense (scoring). They have beat the pants off off everyone they played, including handing Tennessee (SEC) their worst loss...EVER.

Oregon, IMHO, would beat Bama this year. Hands down. Hell, i think FSU would beat Bama this year. In fact, im going to puke when i have to watch Bama play in the NCG again this year. FSU and Oregon? Look out. THAT is the game you want to watch. Speed vs. speed. two young QB's battling it out for post season hardware.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2006
agree it's a joke why there isn't a playoff

but a lot of behind the scene money would be lost and they ain't gonna have that to open up a full bracket

May 9, 2002
You mean Sports Entertainment? Entertainment = money. This ain't jr high/ high school breh
Sports Entertainment is wrestling, not football.

Money has become an issue in college sports the last 20 years. At one point, CFB was "pure" in the sense that big corporations didnt have their hand in it. It wasn't always the Fed Ex Orange Bowl...it was just the Orange Bowl.

Props: corinthian
Feb 8, 2006
^^

people that are fans of college football should be ashamed a fresno state or northern illinois doesn't get a chance to compete in a playoff brackett against teams like ohio state fsu bama oregon.
not saying they would win but an actual playoff would be pretty sweet if you had an acutal bracket of worthy teams (conference winners and voted in teams)

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
I'd take baylor, ohio state, florida state and oregon over alabama. the sec is not that strong this year they start out with their teams all ranked too high and then get bumped up for beating high ranked teams that shouldn't have been that high to begin with. it's fuckin retarded.

Aug 4, 2003
Eugene
oregonshane.wordpress.com
I sure hope Oregon takes cares of business in the Pac 12. Toughest test is on Thursday against Stanford. And if USC can win the the southern division should be a tough game but will be in Autzen. I think we have a good shot at beating any of the top 4 teams this year, there isnt a scam newton type of player on either of those teams.

May 9, 2002
^^

people that are fans of college football should be ashamed a fresno state or northern illinois doesn't get a chance to compete in a playoff brackett against teams like ohio state fsu bama oregon.
not saying they would win but an actual playoff would be pretty sweet if you had an acutal bracket of worthy teams (conference winners and voted in teams)
Agreed 100%. Imagine the hype going in with a bball style bracket. Thake the top 32 instead of 64.

I'd take baylor, ohio state, florida state and oregon over alabama. the sec is not that strong this year they start out with their teams all ranked too high and then get bumped up for beating high ranked teams that shouldn't have been that high to begin with. it's fuckin retarded.
Im not entirely sold on Baylor. The real test is this stretch they have coming the next 4 weeks: 3 of the 4 are ranked.

Pure blasphemy watering down this thread smh
I guess i dont understand what you are referring to, but either way....you can certainly leave and not read it/post in it any longer.

CFB needed a "playoff" system ever since teams like BYU won the National Title in 1984, which is a complete joke. Even before that, there was was always split votes in several polls (sometimes up to 10 different poll systems and voters) over who should win. There was no real way of calculating who would win, especially since there was no real NCG, and the bowls had specific ties (ie Big 10 vs Pac-8/10 for the RB). It just never made any sense. Why does Div 1AA (FCS = Football Championship Series) do it, but Div 1A (FBS = Football Bowl Series) doesn't? Really makes no logical sense.

May 9, 2002
I sure hope Oregon takes cares of business in the Pac 12. Toughest test is on Thursday against Stanford. And if USC can win the the southern division should be a tough game but will be in Autzen. I think we have a good shot at beating any of the top 4 teams this year, there isnt a scam newton type of player on either of those teams.
Im at a bit of a crossroads here becuase while i have an inherent disdain for all things duck, im really getting tired of the SEC prancing around. And while i didn't hate Chip Kelly (in fact, i dug his style), there was just something about him that rubbed me the wrong way. I really liked Belotti. And i like Helfrich a lot. And i respect what Oregon has done: made an irrelevant program a winning program. Its actually very impressive. They proved that money and marketing can actually turn a "podunk" school into a sports powerhouse (the other sports programs have also reaped the benefits, as many of their other sports are also highly ranked re: bball, volleyball, soccer, etc.). I think i have finally come to grips that Oregon is a very real contender for getting its first NC. And im OK with it. We (UW) dominated Oregon for nearly 100 years. The tides turned when 1) schollie restrictions were put in place in CFB (85 on active roster, 105 total) and b) when UW started getting put on probation in the early/mid 90's. Its no coincidence that Oregon began its ascent in 1994.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I guess i dont understand what you are referring to, but either way....you can certainly leave and not read it/post in it any longer.

CFB needed a "playoff" system ever since teams like BYU won the National Title in 1984, which is a complete joke. Even before that, there was was always split votes in several polls (sometimes up to 10 different poll systems and voters) over who should win. There was no real way of calculating who would win, especially since there was no real NCG, and the bowls had specific ties (ie Big 10 vs Pac-8/10 for the RB). It just never made any sense. Why does Div 1AA (FCS = Football Championship Series) do it, but Div 1A (FBS = Football Bowl Series) doesn't? Really makes no logical sense.
Calm down guy, I don't recall complaining about a playoff system.