bruins penguins game tonight (the game that changes the NHL)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 23, 2006
shit was testy from the jump.

lucic fought, neal kneed marchand to the head, orpik knocked erickson out of the game with a cheap hit.............

well, shawn thornton just pulled orpik to the ice, punched him in the head twice. knocked him out.

i think this is going to change hockey as we know it.

everyone is going to call for a ban on fighting.

thornton is gonna be suspended for a super long time.

Jan 23, 2006
thats why Hockey is fucking bad ass wish i could seen game
it was a great game.

b's came back, trailing 2-1 with a minute 30 left, and scored two goals to win it.

it has since come out that in addition the injuries on orpik and erickson and the dirty hit by neal to the head of marchand, that faggot as dupuis 2 hand slashed kelly's ankle. broke it. out 4-6 weeks.

the nhl is lookin at thornton, neal, orpik and dupuis for fines/suspensions.

i only expect to see any discipline to be given to thornton and neal. dupupis should fucking get suspended too. you can't fucking break a dudes leg and get away with that shit.

the next time the face would have to be in the playoffs. shit could be nuts.

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
yeah fucking brutal ass games are played in Hockey but every year some shit seems 2 go down between those 2 teams i swear, im a Kings fan been one for along time its nice to see somebody else into Hockey

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
nah man. hockey is a sick sport. people dont get how difficult it is
I get it, had homeboys that played, regardless, fighting is the only reason I enjoy watching. I never go to NHL games, I went to IHL for the fights, that's it.

I'm not saying they are not athletes, shit so are figure skaters, but to me without fighting in the game, it doesn't have my attention.

I know fans love the sport for the sport, I don't cuz I'm not a fan, without fighting it means nothing to me.

just my opinion

Last edited:

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
cheers on the hockey thread breh

shit was testy from the jump.

lucic fought, neal kneed marchand to the head, orpik knocked erickson out of the game with a cheap hit.............

well, shawn thornton just pulled orpik to the ice, punched him in the head twice. knocked him out.

i think this is going to change hockey as we know it.

everyone is going to call for a ban on fighting.

thornton is gonna be suspended for a super long time.
What's fucked up is that people look at this kind of stuff and immediately go to hockey needs to ban fighting, it's too dangerous...blah blah blah. However fighting would have prevented the knee and the knockout. Thornton tried to fight Orpik before all that and he wouldn't. If he would have fought, the whole situation would have been over. (what's great about hockey is it's not even about Thornton fucking up Orpik. It's the honor of dropping the gloves. Orpik could have whooped Thornton and it still would have been over. It's not like Thornton would have kept going at him until he won. "It's not how many you win, it's how many you show up for") People that don't know the game can't see that though.

Fighting makes hockey safer as crazy as that sounds. Players know that they need to play straight or they might catch an ass whooping. Take that away and there will be all sorts of chippiness going on. The game was fucked up enough when they implemented the instigator rule. Take away fighting all together and it definitely will be a different game.

Jan 23, 2006
What's fucked up is that people look at this kind of stuff and immediately go to hockey needs to ban fighting, it's too dangerous...blah blah blah. However fighting would have prevented the knee and the knockout. Thornton tried to fight Orpik before all that and he wouldn't. If he would have fought, the whole situation would have been over. (what's great about hockey is it's not even about Thornton fucking up Orpik. It's the honor of dropping the gloves. Orpik could have whooped Thornton and it still would have been over. It's not like Thornton would have kept going at him until he won. "It's not how many you win, it's how many you show up for") People that don't know the game can't see that though.

Fighting makes hockey safer as crazy as that sounds. Players know that they need to play straight or they might catch an ass whooping. Take that away and there will be all sorts of chippiness going on. The game was fucked up enough when they implemented the instigator rule. Take away fighting all together and it definitely will be a different game.
well said. that was perfect. thank you.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
Ban fighting in hockey, and arguably the toughest game in professional sports turns into soccer on ice. where flopping over getting touched can change the outcome of the game.

You cant really justify anything in a game full of dirty hits. retalliation is retallion, and if multiple teammates of mine got cheap shots in a game, wether its littleleague or proffesional, im going to get revenge one way or another.

Lol at that writer calling thorton an "enforcer". When he said he's a "sports writer who never played in the nhl" he wasnt kidding. I guarantee you that highlights of orpik's dirty play career were omitted...

Jan 23, 2006
Ban fighting in hockey, and arguably the toughest game in professional sports turns into soccer on ice. where flopping over getting touched can change the outcome of the game.

You cant really justify anything in a game full of dirty hits. retalliation is retallion, and if multiple teammates of mine got cheap shots in a game, wether its littleleague or proffesional, im going to get revenge one way or another.

Lol at that writer calling thorton an "enforcer". When he said he's a "sports writer who never played in the nhl" he wasnt kidding. I guarantee you that highlights of orpik's dirty play career were omitted...
EXACTLY!

I expect the debate to heat up with the olympics, and the "purity" of the game. I like Olympic hockey, but let's be for real. these teams are not playing each other more than a handful of times. they don't have the time to take a number and get retribution. it's not that olympic hockey works, it's that it is such a small sample size that you can't afford to get payback, so unless the NHL wants an NFL sized season, this shit isn't gonna stop. People are gonna take runs at skilled players and the tough guys are not going to let that shit slide, nor should they.