Anti-NFL Players & Coaches

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
Who are some of the NFL Players and/or Coaches on your rival teams you have hated in the past/present that you eventually ended up respecting or even liking? I can name several in no particular order that I ended up admiring after they retired even though I couldn't stand them when they played or coached. Here's my list of the top of my head:

Tom Landry
Earl Campbell
Eddie George
Troy Aikman
Jack Tatum
Roger Staubach
Ozzie Newsome
Anthony Munoz
Michael Irvin
Jonathan Ogden

I will list more later if I think of them. I'm sure there will be more Ravens on the list in the future, but most of them are still active.

Oct 24, 2002
www.beekc.com
Cant really think of any right now. Cant say ive hated a lot of players. If your good your good.

IVe always hated brett favre though...gave him a little respect this year but i still think hes an attention whore

Oct 23, 2009
Favre (still hate him but respect his skills)
Emmitt Smith
Isaac Bruce
Gilbert Brown (Battles in the trenches are so underrated)

That's all I got for now...

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
I might clown players who fuck up but I respect the game too much to hate any player who puts its all on the line to make my Sunday mornings entertaining.
I feel ya, but I didn't mean literally hate. What I mean is what players pissed you off because they always had your teams number. For example in the late 80's and early 90's I can see 49ers, Cowboys, Giants fans all not liking certain players or coaches on the other teams.

Mar 16, 2005
I repect all players, and only reason I dont "like" them is due to jersey at the time. So its not them its the team. I am talking players like

Tim Brown
Derrick Thomas
Steve Largent
etc...

never had disrepect for thier game or even them personally. just didnt like the fact they played for a rival

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
What I can't understand though, is even though Jacksonville always seemed to kick my Steelers teams asses over these last two decades I never could dislike them. Maybe because Jacksonville played that type of grimey, hard nosed football that I personally like. Yeah, I would be upset when they always beat us by a FG at the end after everyone on the field was beat up. I always gave major props to Coach Del Rio and his squads!

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
The only one I can honestly say is John Elway, because he used to kick the shit out of my team all the time, and do it with a big smile on his face.

But IMO, he's one of the greatest QB's of all time, and you cannot argue the stats and even more importantly, the impact he had on the games he was in.

I hate myself for typing that.