-=The Official San Francisco Giants Thread=-

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 25, 2005
you guys arent even rational.....................putting an ARod tag on a 17 year old....................and telling me to STFU......you guys are funny....................i bet you guys are the first to call for the Giants to rush him to the bigs, preferably within the next year?

its obvious that you guys have no clue about the game, other than that of being the obsessed fan who thinks he knows better than those who are making the calls (well knowing more than Sabean, doesnt take a genious)

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
its not that far of a stretch. obviously you dont know anything about the 17 year old. who is the youngest player on the top 100 prospects by baseball america.

he is currently playing against guys that are 3 years older than him and have already been in the farm system for a few years.

Villalona is a potential 5-tool talent. He has the ability to hit for a high average, hit for immense power, field his position well, has a good arm, and runs the bases well for his size. There is absolutely no question whether or not he can hit; the kid can absolutely mash the ball. He could very easily be a 40-HR threat and be able to field his position at least averagely. What makes Villalona special is that he's so young and so advanced. It's not hard to believe he'll break into the Majors in 2010 and make an immediate impact the way Cabrera did with the Marlins in 2003. He's already making top prospects lists.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
Tim Lincecum hospitalized with flu symptoms; likely to miss All-Star game

NEW YORK - Tim Lincecum was hospitalized Tuesday with flulike symptoms, and it appeared the San Francisco Giants pitcher was likely to miss his first All-Star game.

Lincecum was taken from his hotel to a Manhattan hospital after feeling ill early in the day, said Katy Feeney, senior vice president in the commissioner's office.

The right-hander was not at his locker between National League starter Ben Sheets and Edinson Volquez about 2 1/2 hours before the scheduled first pitch. His jersey and a Giants hat hung untouched on a hook on the wall as the NL team headed to the field for batting practice.

Giants reliever Brian Wilson said he hadn't spoken to Lincecum, who missed the All-Star Game Red Carpet Parade on Tuesday.

"I think it was just one of those things that just hit him this morning," said Wilson, who was left to ride alone in the back of a pickup truck up Sixth Avenue in Manhattan.

Lincecum was among several pitchers on the NL roster who threw Sunday, giving manager Clint Hurdle a tired group for the Midsummer Classic. Lincecum struck out nine over eight innings to beat fellow All-Star Ryan Dempster and the Cubs.

The 24-year-old Lincecum, 11-2 in his second year with the Giants, leads the major leagues with 135 strikeouts. His 2.57 ERA is fourth best among starters, and he's lost just once in his last 14 starts.

Sep 25, 2005
its not that far of a stretch. obviously you dont know anything about the 17 year old. who is the youngest player on the top 100 prospects by baseball america.

he is currently playing against guys that are 3 years older than him and have already been in the farm system for a few years.

key words:

Villalona is a potential 5-tool talent. He has the ability to hit for a high average, hit for immense power, field his position well, has a good arm, and runs the bases well for his size. There is absolutely no question whether or not he can hit; the kid can absolutely mash the ball. He could very easily be a 40-HR threat and be able to field his position at least averagely. What makes Villalona special is that he's so young and so advanced. It's not hard to believe he'll break into the Majors in 2010 and make an immediate impact the way Cabrera did with the Marlins in 2003. He's already making top prospects lists.
who wrote this??? please provide links so we know its from actual scouts and not journalists that think they know what they are talking about when they have never seen a minor leaguer in their life

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
It looks like there's a trade with the Brewers in the works:

WSSP 1250 AM in Milwaukee is reporting that Milwaukee Brewers and the San Francisco Giants are close to a deal that would send Milwaukee's Double A Catcher Angel Salome, Single A prospect Outfielder/speedster Darren Ford, and Triple A First Baseman Brad Nelson to the Giants for Second Baseman Ray Durham, Reliever Jack Taschner, and a PTBNL.
It could be a minor deal
By Tom Haudricourt
Saturday, Jul 19 2008, 07:21 PM

San Francisco - Whatever deal the Brewers are working on, I'm told there is no plan to announce it before tomorrow. And I'm now getting word that it might be with the Giants.

If Class A Brevard County centerfielder Darren Ford is the only player involved, it would be a minor deal for either a bench player (Ray Durham?) or a relief pitcher (Jack Taschner?).

Ford, 22, is one of the fastest players in the minors. He is batting only .230 at Brevard but has swiped 48 bases in 59 attempts. He stole 67 bases last season while splitting time at Class A West Virginia and Brevard.

Hard to say right now if the deal includes more than Ford. He was scratched from the Brevard lineup today with word circulating around that club that he had been traded.

I'll follow up later today if I hear anything but this might not break until tomorrow. And it might turn out to be a minor deal. Oakland closer Huston Street blew another save today in New York and I heard the Brewers' scouting reports on him are not good.