**2nd Annual Official '09 SF GIants reg. season Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 5, 2006
A. Torres: career .221 average, 2 HR, 19 RBI's, 70 K's, in 300 AB's........no signifigant action since 2003................................

A. Rowand: career .285 average, 115 Hr's, 450 RBI's, 675 K's in 3500 AB's.........
we like andres torres, but we're not expecting him to be the greatest.. isnt he like 30 anyways?, we like his speed and play out in the outfield.. ability to cover alot of ground, with him playing center and schiertholtz playing right, triples alley should be covered alot more.

Sep 25, 2005
we like andres torres, but we're not expecting him to be the greatest.. isnt he like 30 anyways?, we like his speed and play out in the outfield.. ability to cover alot of ground, with him playing center and schiertholtz playing right, triples alley should be covered alot more.
you guys will like Torres for another week or two......

you guys will like Torres until he strikes out against Broxton or K-Rod (2 best closers in the NL, if not MLB) in the 9th inning with 2 outs, nobody on base and down by 3 with a full count after fouling off 10 pitches......then you guys will be calling for his hanging from the Bay Bridge..............

you guys will continue to like him so long as Boochy doesnt play him everyday thinking you guys know more than Boochy.......because you guys hate Boochy (who is a good manager BTW)

you guys will continue to like him because Rowand sucks this year......i mean what is Rowand doing really???........batting near or over .300..........with excellent defense.........geesh lets hang rownad off of the Bay Bridge while we are at it also.....

Jan 5, 2006
when did i say all this?

i like aaron rowand, his hustle is great, i just didnt like that he wasnt picking up the curveball yesterday 3x's.. thats the only bad thing ive ever said of aaron rowand.. he's a true gamer tho, him and randy winn, i dont care if theyre not hitting bombs over the wall.

mike scoscia >> bruce bochy, i like how the angels played yesterday.. bunts after homeruns.. catching teams off guard. I just never liked bochy as a manager, my opinion of him, werent you the one critisizing bochy for letting timmy pitch over 100 pitches last season? if the mechanics are there it doesnt do anything to the arm to throw above 120 pitches.. seriously.. if the mechanics are working great a pitcher could throw 500 pitches so as long as he's not losing command of his pitches or consistantly walking batters.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
you guys will like Torres for another week or two......

you guys will like Torres until he strikes out against Broxton or K-Rod (2 best closers in the NL, if not MLB) in the 9th inning with 2 outs, nobody on base and down by 3 with a full count after fouling off 10 pitches......then you guys will be calling for his hanging from the Bay Bridge..............

you guys will continue to like him so long as Boochy doesnt play him everyday thinking you guys know more than Boochy.......because you guys hate Boochy (who is a good manager BTW)

you guys will continue to like him because Rowand sucks this year......i mean what is Rowand doing really???........batting near or over .300..........with excellent defense.........geesh lets hang rownad off of the Bay Bridge while we are at it also.....
ur a idiot.

we'll hang you off a bridge.
bay bridge, golden gate bridge, carquinez bridge, richmond bridge, dumbarton bridge, san mateo bridge, benicia bridge, antioch bridge - we got a lot of bridges to choose from.

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
Burriss optioned, Downs promoted, Holm designated

The Giants have made a seismic shift in their personnel today. They optioned struggling second baseman Emmanuel Burriss to Triple-A Fresno and purchased the contract of 25-year-old infielder Matt Downs, who just took a terrific round of batting practice.

Burriss has been exceptional defensively but has not had a hit since June 4. Downs was hitting .288/.333/.453 with six homers and 38 RBIs with the Grizzlies. I presume he will be in the lineup tonight.

Catcher Steve Holm was designated for assignment to clear space on the 40-man roster for Downs.
Downs is in the lineup batting eiighth. Otherwise, the lineup is the same as yesterday's.
:classic:

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
This is a major league team, we dont have time for people to play like shit here, thats what the minors are for, to get better, and to fine tune them, and improve. Pablo is showing hes got what it takes, ishikawa and burriss, not so much