**2nd Annual Official '09 SF GIants reg. season Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
no one was talking about giving up our top prospects tho..
nobody would want scrubs. every team has scrubs of their own to deal with.

I think we should stand pat this year and not doing anything stupid, cause even if we could trade for somebody like Uggla, i don't think he would be enough to get us to the world serries
exactly. sit unless something good comes along.

these are guys i dont care if we keep or trade, sanchez, renteria, lewis, frandsen, ishikawa, burriss.

figure out a package with any of these guys and i would love it for someone decent and not over the hill

Jan 5, 2006
nobody would want scrubs. every team has scrubs of their own to deal with.

exactly. sit unless something good comes along.

these are guys i dont care if we keep or trade, sanchez, renteria, lewis, frandsen, ishikawa, burriss.
we have some good prospects but top prospects are pitchers, a catcher and 3B.

we could go back and fourth on this.. but every team has different needs, thats where the packaging of players differs.. out of that bunch i like Lewis, trade Burriss to the Nats for some cash and get Nick Johnson lol.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
^^^ i'm going on our history of doing stupid things, remember Sabean is callin shots so id rather stay put.

Lewis sucks if he isnt hitting, and hes not. hes not a good fielder.

i'd take nick johnson for a reasonable price but i doubt they will do that

patience is key, there will be available guys the closer it gets to the deadline and teams will become more desperate to get something rather than nothing. hopefully it will work out and we get something decent for a fair trade

one guy thats been on my radar since they got him is Matt Holliday, everyone knows if they arent in the playoff race they will dump him at the deadline and concede this season.

holliday, rowand, winn is a nice outfield

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
we are gonna have to trade a top prospect. I say at the end of the year we see what we can get for Alderson and some lower level prospects.
"Top Prospect" is a relative term, we have pitchers that aren't named Bumgarner and Alderson that would be considered top pitching prospects on other teams(i.e. Henry Sosa)...

I wounder if we can get Justin Smoak from texas.....
There is NO way Texas trades Smoak, he's their future at 1B...

I think we should stand pat this
year and not doing anything stupid, cause even if we could trade for somebody like Uggla, i don't think he would be enough to get us to the world serries
I think we should make some trades, but building towards the future by getting decent to good prospect for whatever players may be considered commodities to other teams....If we are in the running for the WC or division, we should just try to make do with what we have available on the 40-man and at AAA....

We need a huge upgrade at 2nd offensively imo
If Frandsen and Burriss don't show signs of improvement, we have a pretty good internal option in AAA-Fresno:

Matt Downs

2009 Stats:

.293 AVE 17 2B 6 HR 37 RBI
2008 Stats (2 Levels):

.294 AVE 35 2B 1 3B 20 HR 82 RBI

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
^^^ i'm getting close to that feeling too. frandsen is a weirdo and cant handle the majors or something. he goes crazy in AAA and flops in the bigs.

if frandsen can get passed whatever is blocking him from hitting in the majors he could stand a chance. everyone knows he can hit and he shows it in AAA.

im mixed about burriss, hes great in the field which is good cuz ur worthless if ur not. but his hitting is wack.

Jan 5, 2006
If Frandsen and Burriss don't show signs of improvement, we have a pretty good internal option in AAA-Fresno:

Matt Downs

2009 Stats:

2008 Stats (2 Levels):
damn thats what im talking about.. practially improved as he went up levels.. Will do some research on Downs and get back on the subject at hand....

Dec 23, 2004
www.Representthebay.com
"Top Prospect" is a relative term, we have pitchers that aren't named Bumgarner and Alderson that would be considered top pitching prospects on other teams(i.e. Henry Sosa)...

There is NO way Texas trades Smoak, he's their future at 1B...
I agree that Henry sosa is a nice trading chip, but I don't see him getting the caliber a hitter Tim Alderson can get us.

As for Smoak, we may not have want it takes to get him, but as of right now Texas has power hitting prospect Chris Davis who just made it to the big leagues playing first base. Him and Smoak are the same age, so the way I see it one of them don't have a job.(I guess there one of them can DH) But I would still make the call. Hell if there taht into Smoak Ill even take Davis.