IN YA'LLS OPINION...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

RIX

Sicc OG
Dec 6, 2002
AIGHT YA'LL I HAD A PRETTY LEGIT QUESTION I THINK... SO HERE IT GOES...
IN YA'LLS OPINION WHAT MAKES A FLOW OR A TRACK DOPE/WEAK? LIKE WHAT IS CONSIDERED WEAK N WUT YA'LL THINK IS DOPE... USE EXAMPLES OR WUTEVER U NEED TO GET YO OPINION ACROSS... HOPEFULLY THIS STARTS SUM GOOD CONVERSTAION RATHER THAN NEGATIVE SHIT ALL THA TIME...

RIX

Sicc OG
Dec 6, 2002
I THINK WEN FOOLZ SPIT REAL SHIT THAT THEY DID... THAT MAKES THA SHIT DOPER CUZ U KNO THEY AIN'T MAKIN SHIT UP OR JUST BEIN A STUDIO THUG... I THINK WOODIE N ECCR RECORDS SPIT REAL SHIT... THATS Y I KNOCK IT... SOMFIN I THINK THAT IS WEAK WOULD B LIKE G UNIT SHIT.... CUZ U KNO THEY AINT PUSHIN NO WEIGHT OR REALLY KILLIN MOTHA FUCKAZ LIKE THEY TALK BOUT... THEY JUST GOT MADE IN THA STUDIO TELLIN FICTION ASS STORYS N SHIT... AT LEAST THATS WUT IM THINKIN...

May 2, 2002
FOR A TRACK TO BE SOMETHIN THAT I CONSIDER TIGHT IT'S GOTTA HAVE GOOD PRODUCTION...I HEAR SO MUCH UNDERGROUND ARTISTS THAT TO ME WASTE SOME REAL TALENTED LYRICAL MATERIAL ON SOME WEAK PRODUCTION....THAT'LL KILL A TRACK FOR ME EVEN IF THE ARTIST IS SPITTIN SOME TIGHT SHIT. SECOND THE ARTIST HAS TO ACTUALLY HAVE TALENT. HE DON'T HAVE TO BE SPITTIN 8 BARS EVERY TWO SECONDS OR HAVE TO USE THE BIGGEST WORDS IN THE DICTIONARY......AS LONG AS THE DELIVERY IS ON POINT WITH THE BEAT AND CARRY THE MOOD OF THE SONG ALL THE WAY THROUGH THEN I'M FEELIN IT. YOU CAN'T JUST TAKE A TIGHT BEAT AND SPIT GARBAGE OVER IT AND EXPECT A SICK SONG......BEATS, LYRICS, CONCEPT, RHYME DELIVERY, METAPHORS ARE ALL INGREDIENTS FOR A TIGHT SONG....YOU GOTTA PUT EM ALL TOGETHER AND MIX EM UP RIGHT IN ORDER TO COME OUT WITH A SOLID TRACK. IF YOU MISSIN ONE THEN YOU JEAPORDIZING THE TRACK PLAIN AND SIMPLE. I TRY TO MAKE THE PERFECT TRACK EVERYTIME I'M IN THE STUDIO.....WETHER OR NOT I SUCCEED IS UP TO EVERYBODY ELSE CAUSE AS AN ARTIST I AIN'T NEVER HAPPY WITH NOTHIN I PUT OUT. AS FAR AS THE LOCAL HOMEBOY SCENE MAN WOODIE BE PUTTIN OUT PERFECT TRACKS ON THE REGULAR IN MY OPINION.....NOW ANOTHER NAME YALL MIGHT NOT BE UP ON IS BONE CRUSHER FROM THE ATL......NOW EVEN THOUGH SOME OF HIS LYRICS ARE SIMPLE......HE TAKES A SICK ASS BEAT AND CAN RIDE IT LIKE NO OTHER WITH HIS VOICE AND DELIVERY....HE ACTUALLY CAN BECOME A PART OF THE BEAT, NOT JUST SOMEONE RAPPIN OVER THE BEAT. MOST OF WHAT I HEAR FROM BONE CRUSHER IS ON MUCH ON POINT. THERE'S SO MANY PERFECT TRACKS OUT THERE...THE LIST CAN GO ON AND ON BUT NOW YA KNOW MY STANCE ON IT.

Feb 9, 2003
Depends. I've heard hella tight shit with weak production and still liked it. I think what really makes a song for me is the what the hell is being said. Too many rappers now a days make a song that will say "I make so money I can buy anything/ open up my mouth nigga and it's blinga bling bling!" which is sacrilige. Rap should not be for a bunch of faggots to sell out. Rap is supposed to convey something. Hate, fear, joy, happiness, uncertainty, etc. You can have rappers go out their way and make something lyrically potent like "I spew an unlimitate amount of my urban vernacular, like spiderman my punches is spectacular, i ejaculate in a monkeys paw and he starts to phylosophize, can I get me a candy? there's my prize!" But then that means absolutely shit to me. Because the words don't mean a god damn thing, they're focusing only on rhyming and not conveying a message. Beats are good but you need to be a real lyricist to be any good at rapping. Especially with underground artist. Out of the hundreds and thousands of them most think they got talent when they don't.

Mar 23, 2003
PRODUCTION IS KINDA IMPORTANT TO ME BECAUSE IT SETS THE MOOD FOR THE SONG. IT JUST MAKES THE SONG THAT MUCH BETTER WHEN IT'S SOMETHING YOU CAN NOD YOUR HEAD TO. LYRICALLY I LIKE SOMETHING THAT CAN PAINT A PICTURE IN MY HEAD LIKE IN THE SONG TALEZ OF A KILLA. I CAN JUST SIT BACK AND THINK OF HOW WOODIE IS EXECUTING EVERYTHING WORD FOR WORD AND THATS TIGHT CUZ YOU DON'T HEAR HELLA SONGS LIKE THAT.

Jun 5, 2004
PRODUCTION IS MOST IMPORTANT FOR ME, THATS WHY PEOPLE NEED TO PUT OUT MORE REMIX SHIT, THERE ARE SO MANY TIMES WHERE I WAS LIKE WHAT A WASTE, PEOPLE RAP SICK TO SOME GAY ASS BEATS

Jun 19, 2004
Beat has to go with the rhymes, I like it better when the artist can paint a picture or give you all the details to get the story

and some times u just need some nice beats and bass to go with em to bump in the ride....

Apr 16, 2004
www.soundclick.com
i just like to hear intensity on a track... i think the sickest rappers just have a presence when they get on the mic that makes you just want to listen to em. like when they flow its not even like they rappin its like they really talkin to you. an example of that for me is x-raided cause that fool is a lil nig but when he spits he just sounds like he could fuck somebody up. 2pac is like that fa sho cause when you hear that fool spit you gotta listen the best rappers are the ones that make you feel what theyre talkin bout when they rap.

and at the same time i like originality too, a lot of topics are just played out in rap, most fools are just tryin to make what will sell records. its coo if you talk about that gangsta shit if you really did all that, and you aint just tryin to make a name for yourself on the mic instead of on the streets. like woodie or cougnut will spit a verse about just bustin on fools and killin mafuckas but at the same time they let you know that shit is nothin nice. i like deep ass shit that makes me think.

i think rappers need versatility too. one thing i like about mac dre is that that fool switches up his style on every album he makes. you want to hear somethin new from an artist and not have repetitive ass albums that are all talkin bout the same ass shit and have the same ass production too. i dont really listen to albums that are just made for the club and shit and dont have any real shit at all on it. lil jon is perfect for what he does cause he makes sick ass beats and he gets fools hyped in the club, but if he switched that shit up every now and then id start listenin to him.

but in the end i think most fools will only listen to mainstream ass songs cause of the knockin beats, it dont really matter what the rapper sounds like to them. i let people like that listen to some shit where xraided just KILLS a track and theyll just listen to it for five seconds and say its weak just cause the beat aint as good as the shit you hear on the radio. but for me good ass, deep lyrics will always make a track sound sick to me.