Rest In Peace Woodie aka Ryan Wood

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 27, 2005
los-nssj408 said:
damn i kant believe the man woodie is gone/
its a fucked up day man this shits jus wrong/
this cant be true, woodie wood was a boss/
openin the doors for norteno rap, now it seems lost/
no doubt this is some fucked up news/
on a personal level he was someone i never knew/
but i knew him through his music and i must say/
that bumpin his music always made it a brighter day/
i felt like i could relate cause i was always repin North side/
even though i was from san jo his music gave me pride/
now we all cry/
shead a tear for the homie/
put on his track and grab anotha ol' E/
take it to the face in his name/
N jus remember what he did 4 the game.

Damn thats all i got time 4 but i thought i would drop a little rhyme in honor of woodie since i've been bumpin him 4 a while. like it says above i didnt know him on a personal level but i really felt him through his music and shit jus hit kinda hard like im sure it did everyone. RIP homie!

that waz koo right there bro. RIP

Sep 5, 2005
www.myspace.com
I've been MIA for a hot minute, and its taken me awhile to post something in reply to this cuz I've been fucked up real bad ever since I heard the news a few days after it happened. I didn't know Wood personally, only slight correspondence online and a few phone calls back in the day when I was doing street team work for Killa Valley. Nevertheless, the impact and influence he had on me I can't even begin to describe. I been following Wood since Yoc Influenced first dropped. My brother and I picked it up at the swap meet right after it came out and I been on it since. Woodie is the only reason why I ever started rappin in the first place, and has been my primary inspiration musically for the past 8 years.

It may sound weird, but I've viewed Woodie as a teacher. To me, his words are knowledge, and no matter what he will forever serve as a beacon for several crucial elements that are missing from many cats in this game today: loyalty, integrity, honor, dedication, pride, the list goes on.

I will never be able to understand the pain felt by those close to Woodie, but as a fan who truly loved both his music as well as the character of man he stood for, I've shed many tears for the homie. In my life, my music is my passion, and more than likely my only option, and to be completely honest, I feel sort of lost now. I've always looked at Wood in technical aspects and admired the genius with which he crafted his music, often using him as my driving force to get better at what it was I was doing. He was my mentor, now he's gone and I'm not sure who's going to give me my next lesson plan. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but it's from the heart.

My deepest condolences to the family, friends, and associates of the homie, alongside my love and respect. Much appreciation for all the fans of Wood for supporting him and keeping the memory alive. We're doing what we can out here and buying an OE on the 14th of each month to give up to the homie, and if we can swing it, havin a barbeque. I'm tryin to be positive and use Wood's memory to show my love and appreciation for the folks thats still with me.

With respect,
Skorpio

Nov 2, 2002
SkorpioCHL said:
I've been MIA for a hot minute, and its taken me awhile to post something in reply to this cuz I've been fucked up real bad ever since I heard the news a few days after it happened. I didn't know Wood personally, only slight correspondence online and a few phone calls back in the day when I was doing street team work for Killa Valley. Nevertheless, the impact and influence he had on me I can't even begin to describe. I been following Wood since Yoc Influenced first dropped. My brother and I picked it up at the swap meet right after it came out and I been on it since. Woodie is the only reason why I ever started rappin in the first place, and has been my primary inspiration musically for the past 8 years.

It may sound weird, but I've viewed Woodie as a teacher. To me, his words are knowledge, and no matter what he will forever serve as a beacon for several crucial elements that are missing from many cats in this game today: loyalty, integrity, honor, dedication, pride, the list goes on.

I will never be able to understand the pain felt by those close to Woodie, but as a fan who truly loved both his music as well as the character of man he stood for, I've shed many tears for the homie. In my life, my music is my passion, and more than likely my only option, and to be completely honest, I feel sort of lost now. I've always looked at Wood in technical aspects and admired the genius with which he crafted his music, often using him as my driving force to get better at what it was I was doing. He was my mentor, now he's gone and I'm not sure who's going to give me my next lesson plan. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but it's from the heart.

My deepest condolences to the family, friends, and associates of the homie, alongside my love and respect. Much appreciation for all the fans of Wood for supporting him and keeping the memory alive. We're doing what we can out here and buying an OE on the 14th of each month to give up to the homie, and if we can swing it, havin a barbeque. I'm tryin to be positive and use Wood's memory to show my love and appreciation for the folks thats still with me.

With respect,
Skorpio
well said

Feb 23, 2004
heck ya man, i do feel just as lost as probably many others because his music was just so unique as well as his production and everything about his music just made me wanna listen to it over and over again....i now feel lost as to what i am gonna listen to even though i know i will always have his older shit now but its just kinda depressing to think that he will never be in this forum ever again and then you have these low lives claiming to be him or affiliated with him and just cant trust anybody....well said and welcome back skorpio

Mar 26, 2007
Damn =( I heard about this the day after it happened and my heart
sunk man.. Never knew him personally but I got to talk to him once here on
the siccness.. I've been a fan since way back and im always slappin his shit..
he will be missed yet never forgotten.. RIP to a bay area legend!

Aug 19, 2006
WELL SPOKEN SKORPIO THAT IS QUITE CLOSE TO HOW MANY OF US FEEL. THE JUST KNOWING THAT WHEN YOU HEARD WOODIES WORDS KNOWING THAT HE WAS ALIVE MADE IT FEEL LIKE HE WAS RIGHT THERE SPEAKING TO YOU PERSONALLY. OR THAT IS HOW I FELT ANYWAY. RIGHT NOW I FEEL JUST PRIVLAGED TO BE ABLE TO HAVE HIS MUZIK IN MY POSSESSION. RIP WOOD

Sep 5, 2005
www.myspace.com
1OLB4 said:
WELL SPOKEN SKORPIO THAT IS QUITE CLOSE TO HOW MANY OF US FEEL. THE JUST KNOWING THAT WHEN YOU HEARD WOODIES WORDS KNOWING THAT HE WAS ALIVE MADE IT FEEL LIKE HE WAS RIGHT THERE SPEAKING TO YOU PERSONALLY. OR THAT IS HOW I FELT ANYWAY.
That's exactly how I felt too homie. Some of the best memories of the last 6 or so years of my life will be of the times that me and the crew have posted up, just chillin, playing Wood on the stereo hella loud. It always felt to me like he was right there with us kickin it, and his words always had a way of lifting my spirits and creativity.

I believe that even though the homie may be gone, he will always have the same effect, and that he's watchin over all of us and will continue to inspire us in the manner that he and God see fit. In a way, I can already see it happening. I don't know about every one else's experiences, but I've seen a good deal of unity and passionate, positive energy in response to the homie's departure, and I imagine that it's only the beginning.

Anywayz, thanks for the welcome back; I've missed coming here. I got mad love for ya'll, and I hope that we can all continue to use this tragedy to further strengthen ourselves in growth and collaboration. I know that would have made the homie happy.

With respect,
Skorpio