GET A BIG RHINO VERSE!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 16, 2011
Why would I spend $100 on a verse when I can download an entire song for .99 cents lol

I'm really curious does anybody make real money on bay area rap or is everybody just doing for the love now? I went from buying 2 CD's every payday back in the mid 2000's to buying maybe 2 CD's per year. I usually just bump the music on Youtube at home maybe if I drove more I would buy more IDK...

I've always done it because i love it. Rarely even charged unless i needed the money. Shit half my cd's were given away. Nobody is making real money of homeboy rap.. The cats you think are, actually hold good union jobs they support mass releases with money from real jobs. No norteno artist has been able to live off their rap money to my knowledge.. But to answer your other question. The reason why someone would pay $100. For a verse is because they want to do a song with someone they are a fan of. With hustle money is still made off music. Fans wanna hear certain artist together on a track that expands into others fan base.

Sep 16, 2011
I know I was just joking about that I would defenatly pay money to do a song of somebody I was a fan of if I was trying to rap.

I was just wondering what the situation with rap was now because everybody keeps acting like the game is the same or talking like it is a real industry but it feels like there is no money in it anymore.... people talk about they're projects like it was back in the day when people were buying cd's but I just don't see how its even possible for anybody to make real money off it.

Then again if I did something I love and only made a couple grand off it I'd be happy with that. I actually wish the money was back in it because it made it more competitive but IDK how that can happen anymore with anybody on earth able to drop music.