Gang ruling challenged

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 6, 2002
THIS WAS IN THE FRESNO BEE ITS ABOUT MUTTS IN SANGER BUT THOUGHT IT MIGHT INTEREST SOME GENTE ON HERE.

Gang ruling challenged

Two alleged gang members are challenging a court injunction that targets members and associates of a Sanger gang.

Lawyers for Johnny Valencia, 22, and Frank Maestas, 21, argued Monday in Fresno County Superior Court that the gang injunction is unconstitutional and vague.

The injunction is a civil action meant to stop members of the "Chankla Bulldogs" from engaging in a number of activities, including: contact with other gang members; intimidating or threatening witnesses or victims of the gang; possessing any guns or illegal weapons; selling or processing illegal drugs; drinking in public; trespassing on private property; and violating curfew laws.

Valencia and Maestas are charged with contempt of court, a misdemeanor, for allegedly violating the civil court order.

They argue that the injunction is vague because, in addition to naming 22 suspected gang members, it applies to the gang's "associates" but does not name them. The seven- to eight-block area in Sanger where gang activity is restricted is poorly defined, according to their attorneys.

It's also unclear, they said, what people can and cannot do after a 10 p.m. curfew.

Defense attorneys told Judge William Stone the misdemeanor charges should be dismissed because the injunction's vagueness makes it unconstitutional, violating the First Amendment and the right to due process.

Jan 9, 2004
Hopefully they break the injunction but from other cases all over Califaz, that hasn't been done yet. Once the pigs get injunction into their head, the court's back them up.

Aug 6, 2002
yeah I know what you mean, I have some interest in this cause prior to 95 or so the Sanger Chankla was one of the roughest ENE varrios, that is untill the bulldog desmadre, there are still some chankla enes but they are rare. It crazy cause the the chankla is one of the smallest varrios geographic wise yet they always give Sanger problems. The surs territory or vsgr (fucking levas) have like the whole north part of sanger and they dont even stir up any noise in sanger. but im interested in how this will play out cause my feeling is if it stands, which it will more than likely do, other towns in Fresno county will follow.

Aug 6, 2002
yeah and the thing that trips me out is there are hella them. and they have a way bigger varrio than the chankla and they get shitted on all the time. hell olivio street and farmer side mutt run them up all the time. LOL fuck all of them though. I remember I was at a bar and seen 2 vsgr's they had tatted vsgr and sureno on each others head, they were mean mugging the whole night with hats on they were dressed regularly. upon the let out they removed their hats and started pedo thinking they outnumbered me lets just say the story didnt end up the way they wanted it. you member chankla being nortes, soldado?

Aug 6, 2002
I havent had any run ins either, well back back in the day we funked in juvy, untill we made a truce to ride on F-14. they were hardcore against them which is what tripped me out they ended up becoming them levas. Im sure we will run into eachother eventually, I bet the fools I rolled with in Wakefield on mutts are mutts now, que desmadre.

May 2, 2002
I'M CONFUSED....SO YOU TELLIN ME THAT THERE WAS A SOLID, HARDCORE NORTENO VARRIO IN SANGER AND THEN THE WHOLE SET SWITCHED UP TO BANG MUTT??? I KNOW THIS WAS BROUGHT UP BEFORE ABOUT THE CHANKLAZ BUT DAMN WHAT HAPPENS WITH THE ENES FROM THAT VARRIO THAT ARE UP IN THE PEN FIGHTING LONG BIDS (IF THERE IS ANY)......DO THEY EVEN KNOW THEIR HOOD RANKED OUT?

Oct 12, 2003
BIG OSO LOC said:
I'M CONFUSED....SO YOU TELLIN ME THAT THERE WAS A SOLID, HARDCORE NORTENO VARRIO IN SANGER AND THEN THE WHOLE SET SWITCHED UP TO BANG MUTT??? I KNOW THIS WAS BROUGHT UP BEFORE ABOUT THE CHANKLAZ BUT DAMN WHAT HAPPENS WITH THE ENES FROM THAT VARRIO THAT ARE UP IN THE PEN FIGHTING LONG BIDS (IF THERE IS ANY)......DO THEY EVEN KNOW THEIR HOOD RANKED OUT?
If theres any OG chankla ENE's in the pinta right now, i'm sure they are aware by now their varrio turned to levas. I doubt they switched up tambien cause if your in for long bids, 20-life, etc. , thats when you get deep in the structure

Aug 6, 2002
BIG OSO LOC said:
Its like this carnal upon the bullshit that crakers and his primo did in the pinta. Their primos started brainwashing the norte gente inFresno saying pedo like we as in Fresno Enes were being asked to do to many jales in the pens and that if we didnt we were treated like shit. They started saying that enes were trying to kill off F-14's in the pen. A grip of gente in Fresno started to rally around F-14 as Fresno pride. So now even if you didnt bang before going into condado, once you got in you riding the F-14 card. Eventually F-14 made the full split from ##. Once word got out in the condado in Fresno F-14 (which was kind of anyone trying to have pride in Fresno) were a huge population. shit popped off and it was ene against F-14. Eventually bulldog was the choice of name for F-14 who were seeking to not be identified with NOrte.

Back to the chankla thang. Chankla is a hood like about a 9 block radius who had a huge huge huge rep of being crazy. It was like they had that whole shit on lock, They were all nortenos tambien. I got to know a grip of them in the juvenille hall and condado and they were all straight nortenos always warring with olivio street, farmerside and vsgr. They were a big part on my side when warring with the mutts. Eventually one day some of their vetes got into the propaganda of "homeboys from the valley were putting in work for gente from the bay and that they were asked to do to much" they started telling their chankleros that their was not to be a green light on F-14s only to only attack when threatened.

Aug 6, 2002
Slowly but surely their yellow light went into networking with the mutts. Eventually the sheriffs had to separate the enes from the mutts. Again the chankla vetes ordered their chankleros to enter into the general population and to work with the mutts. Eventually they became bulldogs and ranked out, all the young soldados after that just knew about bulldogs and went to gen pop and all they knew was the mutt shit. About the vetes I know of one that is still a big time NORTENO he lives on the outskirts of sanger. but honestly its sad to say but this varrio was raising some of the most solid soldados and eventually their vetes ranked out and started producing mutts now that is all they know about. They dont get to see the big picture only the narrow window that their vetes allowed them to see.

Aug 6, 2002
yeah thats hella true, sad thing is that North side Selma, Varrio Selma, Varrio Parlier, Calwa Vato Locos, switched up just the same way. In fact I believe the only Fresno county strong hold that remains 100% nortenos are Varrio Ea$t $ide Reedley and the other norte varrios in Reedley. oh I think Del Rey still puts it down for norte. ITs a fucked up situation going down here, well it seems to have cooled off and homeboys are getting numbers once again.