WHAT INFLUENCES DO YOU.....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 26, 2003
WHAT INFLUENCES SOME OF YOU ON WHAT TO USE A SPECIFIC CD COVER? AS FAR AS THE BACKGROUND. IM SURE YA KNOW IF ITS A ARTIST WHO KNOWS TO PUT MONEY INTO HIS STUFF HE PROLLY JUST DOES SOME PROFESSIONAL PHOTOS AND THEN HAS SOMEONE JUST ADD TEXT AND THE REST OF THE LAYOUT. BUT TO MAKE UP SOMETHING FROM SCRATCH AND ORINGINAL OR AT LEAST NOT LOOKING THE EXACT SAME AS SOME ONE ELSES WORK OR ANOTHERS ARTISTS COVER. I MEAN HOW DO SOME OF YOU THINK UP THE BACKGROUNDS. AND ARE THERE ANY KEY ELEMENTS TO THINK ABOUT WHEN BRAINSTORMING YOUR COVER?

I MEAN I CAN COME UP WITH NICE CONCEPTS, BUT LIKE IF I HAVE PIX OF AN ARTIST AND NEED SOME PIX FOR A BACKGROUND OTHER THAN YAHOO IMAGE SEARCH AND GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH, IS THERE ANY OTHER GREAT SITES WITH JUST THESE AMAZING STOCK PHOTOS OF THE RIGHT BACKGROUNDS TO USE FOR A COVER. I KNOW YOU GOTTA PUT SOME WORK IN BUT AT LEAST HAVE A STRONG CANVAS TO WORK ON. LIKE TO HEAR FROM SOME OF YOU IN HEAR.

(ANOTHERSUNDAYDESIGNS)

emma

Sicc OG
Apr 5, 2006
at fotolia.com they have a huge selection of royalty free stock photos, and to use them... it only costs 1 dollar to use for web (lower resolution), and 2 dollars to use for print. and then like 3 dollars if you want a huge picture (like, poster sized).

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
Fuck paying for stock photos! Theres a shitload of free sites out there. But as far as backgrounds, it depends on the artist. If the artist is a street cat, probably catch him with an outdoors bg with city streets or neighborhoods. If the artists is dressed up, I'd probably go with a different theme.

emma

Sicc OG
Apr 5, 2006
Likwid said:
Fuck paying for stock photos! Theres a shitload of free sites out there.
well, it's better to pay a few dollars for the rights to use stock photos... than to use random shit from google image searches that you don't own the rights to.

because you could get in serious legal trouble for using somebody elses photography or whatever. that is, unless you hella alter the image to the point where it's unrecognizable.

but yea, it's best to buy stock photos, or just go out and take your own pictures if you have a good camera.